Steam Workshop beta is now open...

I can't update some mods, got this :

not working :
Spoiler :

working :

Spoiler :

I've tried to close/open Modbuddy, rebooted my computer, changing mod version number, problem still here.

Similar "tmp" file warning yesterday with Z-Eras... once i had reset their 512x512 tag-image to reload, a second attempt pulled the resilient folder check.
It seems like the *.civ5mod verifier process builds temporary transits within a Civ5ModInstaller folder as well. The tmp file might simply be a mirror function for upload structure of the files necessary while tracking the MD5 signatures for validation reasons.

thank you, resetting the image before uploading has fixed it for me too.

Bug in IconFontTextures/IconFontMapping, glyph 32 is always blank (presumably there's an internal "optimization" that says this is a "space") - this is also exhibited in the standard font icons where ICON_HAPPINESS_2 is blank (also at glyph 32)

As I'm trying to map all the 45x45 atlas icons into font icons, "just leave a gap here" in not a viable solution.

The "Available Storage" entry is not being updated in ModBuddy.

By my reckoning I've uploaded around 290Mb of files, but it's still tellimg me I have 1Gb available.

OK, this is weird, it's now telling me I have 1023.9Mb available - so it thinks I've used 100Kb

The only things that come close to 100Kb are extra images associated with mods, so does this mean that .civ5mod files (and associated main jpeg images) don't count against your quota?

Just curious, have they fixed these two annoying issues?:
  1. Truncation of error lines in Live Tuner so you can never see the file name.
  2. Mods not updating in the mod browser (or whatever it is that replaces the mod browser).
#1 is the only one that really makes me pull my hair out.

Mods not updating in the mod browser (or whatever it is that replaces the mod browser).

If by this you mean the situation where the mod sometimes disappears from the list if you re-build it in ModBuddy while in the game, and then have to exit back to the main menu and then re-build in the hope it reappears in the list ... then no, that one's still there.

Just curious, have they fixed these two annoying issues?:
  1. Truncation of error lines in Live Tuner so you can never see the file name.
  2. Mods not updating in the mod browser (or whatever it is that replaces the mod browser).
#1 is the only one that really makes me pull my hair out.

1/edit : tested again, still old behavior with truncated path...

2/ Just a workaround, but you can use that in Firetuner (or create a button)

Modding.DiscoverMods()
RefreshMods()

(not my find, was taken from another topic here)

OK, this is weird, it's now telling me I have 1023.9Mb available - so it thinks I've used 100Kb

The only things that come close to 100Kb are extra images associated with mods, so does this mean that .civ5mod files (and associated main jpeg images) don't count against your quota?

Right, it's just gone down again, and the only things I've created since I last looked are collections and uploaded images for them, so it doesn't appear that mods count against your 1Gb limit :)

Gedemon, I am a total novice at this but love the WWII Full Earth Campaign and since the latest update the custom units are screwed up. Spearman show up for tanks and so forth.

I read everything below. Any chance you can dumb this up for a novice like me and give me easier directions to follow to fix this?

Sorry to be a pain in the a**. Thanks.

Another very good change (with the working dependencies/references/blocks) is that the artdefines for units are now in the database (mod adding new units will be compatible).

But it's important to note that you can't use Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml with VFS to true anymore, it seems those files are loaded in the DB before the mod engine is started, and are ignored when used in a mod. IMO it's good, will force user to make compatible mods, but lot's of work to convert existing mods using new units.

If it can be useful to someone else, here's how I've quickly converted the WWII mod (200+ units) to the new system :
- Replace the vanilla Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml in "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Units" with the files from the mod
- Load the game, use SQLite Manager to export the 5 tables now containing artdefines for the mod units in SQL (including CREATE TABLE statement, but for mods wanting to keep compatibility with others you don't want that, and you'll have to update the tables only, not erase/recreate, that means editing a bit those SQL files)
- Added the sql files in my project with OnModActivated flag
- Restore vanilla Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml

I haven't tried the Landmark ArtDefines table, maybe there's some wanted changes here too.

Sorry, there is no simple step by step for that, those instruction suppose you've read Kael's guide for civ5 modding (in tutorial section) and now how to use SQL lite (must be some tutorial on the net), re-writing those here would take too much place for one post and too much of my time.

There's a hackfix that I won't normally recommend, but if you know how to rename and copy files, you can just try to make a backup copy and replace Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml in the game folders ("\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Units") with the ones from the WWII Full Earth Campaign and launch the game.

To play vanilla civ again, restore the previous file.

If things goes wrong, use steam to verify the game files, it will restore them.

New Config options?
; Set to 1 to have loose files override PAK files if the loose file is newer
LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0

Alright, all good and nice... can *I* get a similar function for FPK resources as it were when DX9 folder access allowed for any DDS overrides, please?
My Z-UI subscribers are raging already in the workshop.

Top Bottom