Steampunk Commando (31/01/10)

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
I promised to make this unit a very long time ago. I'm sorry it's taken so long to appear. Those steam-powered wings are slow, but they get you there in the end.

Download him here.

This unit won Unit Of The Month January 2010!

That is VERY well designed and executed. The look and animation are amazing. I'd say it was your finest unit yet, but I have to say I've been pretty impressed with so many of your units. :goodjob::)

Holy mother of pearl. This is easily the Steampunk-iest custom unit we've seen yet, and given the generally high quality and detail of the units that have been already made for the mod, that's saying alot. This unit has been a wish of ours since it first appeared in the Steampunk units thread, and was frankly more a matter of wishful thinking than unit request, as we had serious doubts that anyone would actually make one. Looking at the original image we provided, you've improved it quite a bit, including more colorful wings (wonderful!), multicolored uniform (splendid!), and steam power-pack (inspired!). The animations are spectacular. All in all, Plotinus, you've more than exceeded any reasonable expectation I might have harbored. I'll leave my praise at that for now, because my inclination is to go on and on and on, and it's really KA's place to speak for the team......

Plotinus... This Unit is Absolutely Superb and all special affects such as the Steam Puffs and Attack Lighting add to the already Excellently animated wings and believable unit animation movements.
Of all the Great Units you have made, I agree that this Unit shows the Good combination of skills you have learned, combined and put to use... Very Well Done :goodjob:

Definitely going into the Kingdom of Manticore's unit lineup, once I get around to working on my crazy sci-fi mod. :D

My take is this guy, I think has a lot of character - a headstrong but lovable inventor who may fall down , but never accepts defeat. He's come to save the day with his contraptions!

Great unit. I really like the floating down animation, the way the wings fold like a fan, and of course, the ever present steam puffs. :lol:

Blue Monkey, yes, the flying animation is for the paradrop.
I imagine it would be a lot of work, but would it be possible to get an alternative run that is a sort of forward flight? Just above the ground to help it line up with the default would be fine.

Top Bottom