Steampunk World Scenario

Playing the random biq late last night I got the file not found error "art\flics\x_art\flics\x_Wang Kon diplo indust fwrd.flic" I searched my windows C3C install as well as my Mac C3C directories. The file exists in both installs - it's a PTW file. There is no "x_art" folder / directory on any of my installs. I suspect "... \x_art\flics ..." is the problem.

Hi Blue that's a bug - the flc on Civilizations tab should be set to art\flics\x_Wang Kon diplo indust fwrd.flic

Argh, another bug - there's no electric lighting in the game. It's an improvement that should come with Electric Power tech.:blush:

Anything I can fix on my side, or are there missing files? I want to finish this game before trying new stuff.

There's no missing files but it needs a building improvement adding to the biq and would need a new game started in order to take effect. Here are the updated biqs with

Electric Lighting added
Explorers with Detect Invisible.
Wang Kon flic fix.
Also includes a new pediaicons.txt file with the tesla pram fix.

Attachments

• Steampunk updates.zip
    82.3 KB · Views: 180
There's no missing files but it needs a building improvement adding to the biq and would need a new game started in order to take effect. Here are the updated biqs with

Electric Lighting added
Explorers with Detect Invisible.
Wang Kon flic fix.
Also includes a new pediaicons.txt file with the tesla pram fix.

This requires a new game, correct?

I think it might be a mac issue.
I checked against the private alpha (which started just fine). The Earth folder only contains an art folder. The alpha had several. When I copied files from the Worlds folder to the Earth folder it solved the problem. If it is caused by the difference in Mac version of the C3C install then a note in the readme & a post in the Mac subforum to do so are all that need to be changed. Copying files is one of the standard solutions for many scenarios.

This requires a new game, correct?
If it was just missing files then maybe not. Changing unit flags is in the biq. So is adding new improvements. So in this case - yes, restarting with a new game is needed.

cross-post

I checked against the private alpha (which started just fine). The Earth folder only contains an art folder. The alpha had several. When I copied files from the Worlds folder to the Earth folder it solved the problem. If it is caused by the difference in Mac version of the C3C install then a note in the readme & a post in the Mac subforum to do so are all that need to be changed. Copying files is one of the standard solutions for many scenarios.

Glad the fix was simple. I'm guessing it's a difference in the way the mac interprets relative path names. This is the search path: Steampunk Earth; \..\Steampunk Worlds

It can read Steampunk Earth ok hence why it worked when you copied all the worlds files into that folder. However, it doesn't know what to do with the \..\ part in order to read the Steampunk Worlds folder.

TAM eventually had a special dl/install for Mac users. When the scenario is stable/mature we can look at what they did & do the same.

If anyone has C3C installed in a non-standard location on their windows machine post that it plays okay. It will help narrow down where the problem might be in the Mac paths.

After testing a little combat (damn, the Leviathans are huge), decided to restart with the new files. Going with Native Americans this time.

Btw, I've cut down the Invisible Men to 16 Attack. At 26, these guys were chomping up anything short of a Leviathan. In fact, they are the most powerfull attack unit in the game, short of a Leviathan; combine this with the "invisible" and yo have a nuke on legs :(

After testing a little combat (damn, the Leviathans are huge), decided to restart with the new files. Going with Native Americans this time.

Btw, I've cut down the Invisible Men to 16 Attack. At 26, these guys were chomping up anything short of a Leviathan. In fact, they are the most powerfull attack unit in the game, short of a Leviathan; combine this with the "invisible" and yo have a nuke on legs :(

Yes I fear they might be a tad overpowered even with their poor defence stat.

Out of interest who had built the Invisibility Formula Wonder? It should have been possible to have captured the Wonder and got yourself some invisible men. :)

Yes I fear they might be a tad overpowered even with their poor defence stat.

Out of interest who had built the Invisibility Formula Wonder? It should have been possible to have captured the Wonder and got yourself some invisible men. :)

In my 1st game (China) the otomans got it, far too far away. Now, it was the Chinese... so at least it's on another continent! :D

IMHO the invisible man should be about as strong as it is but have a much lower appearance rate. It would take some time to perfect the formula once it was discovered (wonder built plus appearance rate) but an invisible man ought to be able to gain access to and wreak havoc even on the most sophisticated device (combat stats). Perhaps a lower defense would be sufficient compensation - requiring close support of other units in order to survive.

Blue- that was my initial logic in setting their attack so high. I won't make any knee jerk changes, simply mull it over for now. :coffee:

Styles of play make a big difference. My typical strategy is to emphasize culture until someone attacks me. The first game I played was as the Mal. - who wouldn't enjoy a faction with units that have an evil laugh. It was simple enough to get most of the wonders. I attacked the Ottoman Empire (the weakest major power) once I thought I had enough mummies, invisible men, etc. Bad mistake. Couldn't sustain free passage - little to trade that others wanted. Didn't have the tech for alliances (pedia will help know what to research when). Powerful units but few cities meant even with rush builds I was just plain outnumbered. Once they got sufficient numbers to the front there was no way to get peace without sacrificing cities. This time around I'll try more sneakiness and sitzfleisch.

Is the Nautilus hidden nationality? If it not perhaps it should be. The Mal. power is essentially landlocked early in the game. Being able to inhibit shipping & colonization without a premature war would be of benefit.

Trying to do something with the Indians, but it's very hard going. Their traits may make for a faster city expansion, but on the industrial and tech side I'm lagging behind, hard. I'm facing the Anglos, which allready have Land Leviathans, and the French, which are also a bit ahead... and both have more cities... no idea what I'll do... :(

Btw, I got robot jaguars! With shining laser eyes! Awsome :D

Top Bottom