Steampunk World Scenario

KingArthur

Searching for the Holy Grail

Scenario Background
It is a time of civility and a time of brutality. It is the age of enlightenment and the age of ignorance. A time of exploration and a time of conquest.

A new era in the world is dawning, an era that will see advances made that could never until now have even been imagined by the likes of mere mortals, this is certain. What is not certain is what this era will hold for mankind, will it be an era of peace and the advancement of science or will it be an era of war on an industrial scale.

Will this new era unite man as one or continue to divide nations and empires? These are the choices that await you in this new wondrous age of ours.

The year is 1837 and the great powers of France and Britain lay at your command. In the Middle East and sands of North Africa the Ottoman Empire strives to rise against her rivals in Europe. In the Far East lies the Chinese, most populous yet still the most unknown of the world's empires. From the plains of the American West to the hills of South Africa the native peoples struggle to survive the onslaught of foreign settlements. Finally, in the most distant corners of the world lie a collection of hidden cities, invisible fortresses and uncharted settlements, all of which together form the mysterious secret society.

There are many paths ahead of you on this day.... will you seek to plant your flag on all corners of the world or will you advance the knowledge of man? Most importantly of all, will you dare dream that a man can construct a craft to conquer the aether before the end of the nineteenth century?

These are the choices you face in the world of SteamPunk. A world where gigantic apes lead massive armies into battle; where prehistoric dinosaurs are unleashed on unsuspecting metropolises. It is a world where ancient cities hold key's to the future of civilization itself, and fabled monsters threaten the entire civilized world. It is a world, that through all her trials and tribulations is being observed by an intelligent greater than man's.

This my friend.... is the world of SteamPunk.

Age of Steam Technology
Spoiler :

Age of Analysis Technology
Spoiler :

Electrical Age Technology
Spoiler :

Age of Aether Technology
Spoiler :

Buildings
Spoiler :

Wonders
Spoiler :

Units of Land, Sea and Air
Spoiler :

Civs
Spoiler :

• United Kingdom
  • France
  • Russia
  • USA
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Germany
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Austria
  • Spain
  • Mexico
  • Italian City States
  • Rio de la Plata
  • Siam
  • Peru-Bolivia
  • Gran Colombia
  • Nordic Union
  • Egypt
  • Persia
  • Japan
  • Portugal
  • Lowlands
  • Ethiopia
  • Oman
  • Morocco
  • Texas
  • Afghanistan
  • Sikh Empire
  • Secret Society*
  • Amerindians
  • African Tribes
*Can become powerful due to starting units and easy access to Wonder produced units

Map
I am using the Yoda Power's Giant Earth map https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/giant-earth-concept-map-256x256.492450/

NOW IN BETA TESTING
Guidelines for Testers

This is posted "as-is". It is playable (i.e. no crashes) and fun; however, the following caveats apply:
  • Units exist with missing sounds
  • Civilopedia entries exist which lack flavour
  • Diplomacy dialogue lacks flavour
  • No tech tree arrows or tech tree text bubbles
  • May not be entirely balanced - playing as the UK will be easier than playing as Texas.
  • These civs are not intended to be played by humans: Secret Society, African Tribes and Amerindians.
Most of these are in hand but if you want to offer your time and skill to help out let us know.

The game has been tested so you shouldn't experience any crashes but of course there is no guarantee.

Posting your suggestions about what you think should be added to the game is fine but please don't be put out if we choose to ignore them.

**************************Download Links**************************
Main File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao22DDKw4lY6tjm3b7Kdve0DQkZS
+ updated biq file with latest changes and fixes: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao22DDKw4lY6tj4k433JWWBWTu_f

Updates
Spoiler :

06/05/17
  • Added Iron to Lowlands, Ottoman Empire, Morroco and Persia
  • Assigned Palaces to Capital cities
  • Re-established land bridge beside Istanbul
  • Changed stats of Spirit Ancestor to 9.6.2 (costs 1 population)
  • Renamed Da Vinci Tank to Clockwork Tank and added some to Ruritania
  • Renamed Land Ironclad to Iron Buffalo and assigned to Amerindians and African Tribes
  • Fixed upgrade path for Worker to Mech Worker (available at Heroic Engineering)
  • Added more barb camps to India to prevent easy expansion of British and reduced troop numbers
  • Attack sounds for gatling guns added
08/05/17
  • Added allow trade over sea to Port improvement
  • Added more aluminium to the map - South America, Africa and India
  • Fixed upgrade path: Land Ironclad > Juggernaut

Attachments

• E1.PNG
    E1.PNG
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,863
  • E2.PNG
    E2.PNG
    125.4 KB · Views: 2,802
  • E3.PNG
    E3.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,778
  • E4.PNG
    E4.PNG
    124 KB · Views: 2,795
  • Units of Land.PNG
    Units of Land.PNG
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,799
  • Units of Air and Sea.PNG
    Units of Air and Sea.PNG
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,711
  • Buildings.PNG
    Buildings.PNG
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,762
  • Wonders.PNG
    Wonders.PNG
    153.7 KB · Views: 2,830
  • SPWorldBanner.jpeg
    SPWorldBanner.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 3,107
Last edited:
It's bloody awesome, that's what it is. My internal boiler is so overpressured it's poping rivets :D

I'll help beta-test of course, now that my comp's back in working order and term ends next Monday, but that's as far as it goes.

One idea: you could have Scott's expedition (and Amundsen, why doesn't anybody ever remember the guy who actually did it?) take place, maybe as a capture the flag adventure.

Blue Monkey has created some splendid Title Screens.

One shown below and one based on the banner image on the OP. Let us know which one you prefer.

This Civ 3 version will be better than the Civ 5 one ;)

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Empire_of_Smoky_Skies

However, I have managed to procure a few ideas from Empire of the Smoky Skies.

For example, Land Leviathan seemed a better name for the Era 4 Juggernaut. The Era 3 Steam Tank now has the Juggernaut designation. Also, Aetherium (Etherium) as a resource will now substitute my Element X!

Can you combine the two? I liek the second better but the round chessworld is too good to throw away -unless you can use it as a victory screen.

This scenario looks very nice! :):goodjob:

What´s about adding Wyrm´s Nautilus submarine to it?

Beta? This means testing. I have to test both this and EFZI… the way before me is clear: I'll have to install the game on another machine, put both side by side and play a turn on one while the other's cycling through the AI turn.

FILE: http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/99165/steampunk-for-civ3

You also need the following updates:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11709400&postcount=45
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11713762&postcount=64
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11715448&postcount=75

Please note the civilopedia is unfinished but you can consult the spreadsheet contained in the zip for info.

Below is the current Known Knowns:

FIX LIST LOG
* Bombing run for the Albatross unit leaves an odd "ghost" image of the unit
* Empress of China (Wu) pcx files are not properly indexed
* Sitting Bull pcx (race icon) not properly indexed
* Norton missing KIS file

MISSING THINGS - TO DO LIST
* Civilopedia
* Wonder building and Splash graphics
* New Airport-Harbour graphic: airship instead of airplane
* Diplomacy dialogue
* Script file
* Tech tree arrows
* Tech tree text bubbles
* Era Splashes
* Space Race Graphics
* Unit Sounds

Guidelines for Testers

There are certain things missing that you will have to put up with for the time being - see above for list. Most of these are in hand but if you want to offer your time and skill to help out let us know.

The game has been tested so you shouldn't experience any crashes but of course there is no guarantee.

There are two biqs one with an Earth map and one for random maps - test whichever one you fancy but thoughts on both are appreciated.

Posting your suggestions about what you think should be added to the game is fine but please don't be put out if we choose to ignore them.

Top Bottom