Steph's next great project announcement

Mount & Blade is an example of a privately made retail game. It's available for download from the game's website as a demo, and you can buy a product key to unlock the full game. Since it's available on the internet only, the only "publishing" cost is hosting the website, yet it's available practically worldwide. So it can and has been done. And given the number of people who payed to play an early beta version of M&B, I don't think charging money for SSS would be unreasonable.
(And no, I'm not saying that because I may be joining the team! :p)

^Wow that would be good news for the project, hence all of us.

Though now I realize, Steph may need to charge more if he's going to make up cost accured from service rendered by 1st class recruiters :D

It's getting better and better.
If it will be able to accept terrain graphics from Civ3 and sounds the format C3C accepts, I will definitely convert Wasteworld for it, since it would solve my problem with unit palettes.

If you could make a list of graphics and other game portions it will be able to import from C3 or other games it would help(so we know what to work on and don't trouble ourselves with the difficulties native to Civ3).

And if you can estimate, would it be possibly available, say sometime during 2009?

It's getting better and better.
If it will be able to accept terrain graphics from Civ3 and sounds the format C3C accepts, I will definitely convert Wasteworld for it, since it would solve my problem with unit palettes.

If you could make a list of graphics and other game portions it will be able to import from C3 or other games it would help(so we know what to work on and don't trouble ourselves with the difficulties native to Civ3).

And if you can estimate, would it be possibly available, say sometime during 2009?

For the moment, units are the only graphics which can really be imported. Terrain graphics are not usable, as the terrain will work in a very different way.

Icons could be used to, after conversion to png.

The website is quite old, I have started a new one, but it's not filled with much info so far.

We hafe some internal docs on some parts of the game.

However, last year I worked on the software architecture to allow flexible modding, without really working on the game mechanism themselves, that's something I'm doing this year now that the engine is becoming more stable.

Let me check...
- Test graphics : Stephane
- Design : Steph
- Programming : Steph
- Documentation : Steph
- Testing : Stephane...

Hmmm...

That's 6 people! Oh... I just realized they are all the same!

Seriously, Bhiita was helping with graphics, but he lost his internet connection, and I had no news in the last 2-3 months :(.

And Darque is helping with brainstorming, and working on semi independant stuff, like script engine.

The lack of a skilled, motivated and reactive graphist is my main problem. I waste time doing crappy graphics myself, and the result is not very good, so it doesn't help with motivation.

Top Bottom