Storm Over Europe Leaderheads Preview Thread

Another leaderhead: Teleki of Hungary. Any suggestions for this one or the other ones?

Attachments

• Teleki Preview 1.JPG
    Teleki Preview 1.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 205
Looks very plain/generic. Put him in a military uniform? Or would that be inaporpriate?

I don't think it'd be appropriate for him. I've gotta change his hair prop anyway, perhaps giving him some glasses, make him a bit older (the pic I was using for reference was from the 20s I guess), and exagerate his characteristics a bit.
Any more suggestions on the other LHs, or even some backgrounds suggestions?

In general, I think they look a little too tan. Many of them were pasty faced and or pale pink. Specifically Risto Ryti and Charles De Gaulle should both be much lighter in skin ton. For WW2 his normally pale complextion would have been even paler since he was hiding in basements and such.

Glad you like the background. I don't plan on making more, just so you know.... as time consuming as making a unit.

I agree totally..Horthy would be much better I think...interesting wise, and just for being the leader.

Good suggestion, guys. I had chosen Teleki because I didn't find a better leader, but it seems I didn't look well enough. I'll try to make Horthy and I'll post some previews later.

In the meanwhile, does anyone have any more suggestions for the other LHs posted here? ;) (backgrounds, changes, etc)

Shouldn't Ryti have droopy eye-lids on the outer side? Otherwise great!
EDIT: As I showed the image to my friend, he immediately recognized him as Ryti :) :goodjob:
Also, some backgrounds: (I could do the palace, if you'd rather have something 3d than a real image)
http://taivasalla.net/2004/2004-12/img/041206_1651.jpg
http://hyl.edu.hel.fi/~preconception/sivut04/ordinary/jarituomo/Kopio Pressanlinna.jpg
http://flags.net/images/largeflags/FINL0002.GIF

There's so many of them! :eek: How DO you do that?

EDIT: A small image edit:

Attachments

• ryti2.jpg
    ryti2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 179
Goldflash said:
Hey, that DeGualle looks exactly how I imagined 'im. Great, man!

Do you mean just the background, for which I had the idea from your post (and which Bjornlo so greatly made), or both the background and the head itself?
Anyway, I'm glad you found it quite good. I made a few small changes in his head (made the bags under his eyes a bit less pronounced, and his nose slightly thinner), and so I'll post a new preview quite soon.

@Paasky: Thanks for finding what I did good. And thanks for the background suggestions. If you're willing to make it 3D, I'm nobody to stop you from doing it ;) One thing I wouldn't like in it is the flag: in order to make it look realistic, I'd have to animate it along with the head, which might be extremely difficult.
Oh... there aren't many of them. Actually, there are many more previews than finished heads. As I make them on my scarce free time, I don't have the possibility of becoming another LH factory like R8XFT, CivArmy or Shiro are. But that's alright for me anyway :)

varwnos said:
i thought that post #48 was ioannes metaksas infront of the greek parliament :lol:

:lol: Actually the resemblance of the Greek Parliament and the Finnish Presidential Palace is quite stunning.

EDIT: I suppose Metaksas doesn't have anything to do with that yucky brandy stuff, does he?

I noticed this thread only now, and I have to admit, absolutely fantastic work, jorde :goodjob:

Metaksas (same name as that drink) was the pm of greece at the time ww2 started. His government is said to have been similar to fascist italy in a way. However he is credited for turning down the italian ultimatum to greece, to surrender. A few hours after that italy declared war on greece.

And here's yet another one, albeit a not very worked on one: Leopold III of Belgium. I'd need some suggestions on his face and background pics, but not so much on the uniform, as I need to finish some details there (insignias on his coat, details on cap, etc)

Attachments

• leopold preview 1.jpg
    leopold preview 1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 95
And here's, as requested by some of you, a preview of Horthy of Hungary. Let me know what you think of it. Haven't worked that much on the uniform, but I'm also not entirely sure of what I want it to look like. Also the hair could need a couple of circles so that it may look the right shape

BTW; Paasky, how far have you got into the background you were making?

Attachments

• Horthy Preview 1.JPG
    Horthy Preview 1.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom