1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Storm Over Europe Leaderheads Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by jorde, Jun 6, 2005.

1. jorde

jorde Leaderhead Engineering

Another leaderhead: Teleki of Hungary. Any suggestions for this one or the other ones?

Attached Files:

2. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

Looks very plain/generic. Put him in a military uniform? Or would that be inaporpriate?

3. jorde

I don't think it'd be appropriate for him. I've gotta change his hair prop anyway, perhaps giving him some glasses, make him a bit older (the pic I was using for reference was from the 20s I guess), and exagerate his characteristics a bit.
    Any more suggestions on the other LHs, or even some backgrounds suggestions?

4. Bjornlo

Bjornlo Deity

In general, I think they look a little too tan. Many of them were pasty faced and or pale pink. Specifically Risto Ryti and Charles De Gaulle should both be much lighter in skin ton. For WW2 his normally pale complextion would have been even paler since he was hiding in basements and such.

Glad you like the background. I don't plan on making more, just so you know.... as time consuming as making a unit.

5. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

I'm kind of curious why you're doing Teleki for Hungary instead of Admiral Horthy, who could probably be a more interesting leaderhead.

6. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

I agree totally..Horthy would be much better I think...interesting wise, and just for being the leader.

7. jorde

Good suggestion, guys. I had chosen Teleki because I didn't find a better leader, but it seems I didn't look well enough. I'll try to make Horthy and I'll post some previews later.

In the meanwhile, does anyone have any more suggestions for the other LHs posted here? ;) (backgrounds, changes, etc)

8. Paasky

Paasky Good News Everyone!

Shouldn't Ryti have droopy eye-lids on the outer side? Otherwise great!
    EDIT: As I showed the image to my friend, he immediately recognized him as Ryti :) :goodjob:
    Also, some backgrounds: (I could do the palace, if you'd rather have something 3d than a real image)
    http://taivasalla.net/2004/2004-12/img/041206_1651.jpg
    http://hyl.edu.hel.fi/~preconception/sivut04/ordinary/jarituomo/Kopio Pressanlinna.jpg
    http://flags.net/images/largeflags/FINL0002.GIF

There's so many of them! :eek: How DO you do that?

EDIT: A small image edit:

Attached Files:

9. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Hey, that DeGualle looks exactly how I imagined 'im. Great, man!

10. jorde

Do you mean just the background, for which I had the idea from your post (and which Bjornlo so greatly made), or both the background and the head itself?
    Anyway, I'm glad you found it quite good. I made a few small changes in his head (made the bags under his eyes a bit less pronounced, and his nose slightly thinner), and so I'll post a new preview quite soon.

@Paasky: Thanks for finding what I did good. And thanks for the background suggestions. If you're willing to make it 3D, I'm nobody to stop you from doing it ;) One thing I wouldn't like in it is the flag: in order to make it look realistic, I'd have to animate it along with the head, which might be extremely difficult.
    Oh... there aren't many of them. Actually, there are many more previews than finished heads. As I make them on my scarce free time, I don't have the possibility of becoming another LH factory like R8XFT, CivArmy or Shiro are. But that's alright for me anyway :)

11. Paasky

Here's what I've done, in about 20mins:

Attached Files:

12. jorde

That's a quite good start. Can't wait to see what it looks like once you work some more on it :)

13. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

A question - on the flag in the background for Ryti, could you just let it hang rather than animating it (i.e. a Finnish flag BUT with no wind)?

14. Paasky

Then it couls almost be just a generic lump :) as that small a detail can't be seen... but I'll do it anyway!

15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

i thought that post #48 was ioannes metaksas infront of the greek parliament :lol:

btw i am following this thread to see what you will make of him ;)

16. Aion

Aion King

:lol: Actually the resemblance of the Greek Parliament and the Finnish Presidential Palace is quite stunning.

EDIT: I suppose Metaksas doesn't have anything to do with that yucky brandy stuff, does he?

I noticed this thread only now, and I have to admit, absolutely fantastic work, jorde :goodjob:

17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Metaksas (same name as that drink) was the pm of greece at the time ww2 started. His government is said to have been similar to fascist italy in a way. However he is credited for turning down the italian ultimatum to greece, to surrender. A few hours after that italy declared war on greece.

18. jorde

Here's, as I promised, a new preview of De Gaulle. Let me know what you think of it, and if there's anything which would need any adjustment done

Attached Files:

19. jorde

And here's yet another one, albeit a not very worked on one: Leopold III of Belgium. I'd need some suggestions on his face and background pics, but not so much on the uniform, as I need to finish some details there (insignias on his coat, details on cap, etc)

Attached Files:

20. jorde

And here's, as requested by some of you, a preview of Horthy of Hungary. Let me know what you think of it. Haven't worked that much on the uniform, but I'm also not entirely sure of what I want it to look like. Also the hair could need a couple of circles so that it may look the right shape

BTW; Paasky, how far have you got into the background you were making?

Attached Files: