Strange, random happenings in your game

cj7loop

Warlord
As the title implies, recall any time during the game you thought was strange and absurd.

I'll start: Just started a map, standard size fractal continents. At around 900 BC the game tells me "Sitting Bull has proven the earth was round." My jaw was literally on the floor upon reading the event log.

Yea, that happened to me as well. Fractal can sometimes make ring worlds so civs can use scouts to circumnavigate the globe.

One strange thing that happened to me was when I was play Fractal. I had made contact with another continent with Cyrus and Roosevelt with no religion at all. I spread some of my state religion to them, then explored some more. Then, I came across some of Roosevelt's cities near the north that were named Teohuacan and such. Wow. I guess Monty got what was coming to him.

teohuacan is a barb city if memory serves correctly :p

The chinese discovered Liberalism before I even got to the renesaunse (spelling sorry) era. I went to the world builder and Mao had over half the world already under his control. How was economy holding up? It was only on Monarch

In my last game, my GP farm produced a great merchant. I loaded him up on a tranport and sent him to see the Mayans for a trade mission. When the transport arrived, there was no great merchant aboard. I scoured my continent but he was nowhere to be found.

I came to the conclusion that he must have abandon ship on the high seas.

One of the most random things I've seen in the game was that game I played on emperor, "play now rules" on a standard fractal map epic speed. game started out with me and 6 ai's. entering into the renaissance, 4 new civs entered the game making the total Ai's in the game to 10. 2 of the new civs (colonies) were eliminated as fast as they came. But a few turns later, 2 more civs entered the game. So that brings us to 12 AI's on a standard fractal map on play now settings! Naturally, I won the UN votes by a landslide. I was teching heavily, taking and giving war bribes and funding hatred among the AI's.

Top Bottom