Strange Unit Graphic Issue in .31 and .32

Carthage81

Chieftain
Looked around a bit, haven't seen this in any other threads, so here goes...

My graphics for units on the game screen are going a little crazy. When starting a new game, I'll get the usual warrior/settler/scout or whatever, but instead of the little group of three, each unit only has a single guy in it - one warrior, one settler, one scout. They're all at full health.

As I move the mouse around the screen, sometimes they'll change into other units - but strangely enough, not to other FFH units, but units from what I think is BtS (or perhaps other mods, haven't played them). And when I go into the world builder, units from other civs can have the same problems - warriors look like regular civ pikemen, or hill giants are enormous swordsmen (which is kind of cool looking)

A few technical details: This happened shortly before the patch for .32 was released. I upgraded to .32, patched to A, still had the exact same problem. I'm playing BtS/FFH mod with the game in the Steam program file, not sure if that would matter. I tried deleting the FFH mod entirely and reinstalling in case it was corrupt or something, but that didn't do anytime.

This all started maybe a week ago, right after I finished one game and started up another. Prior to that I had been playing for months and months without problems. Didn't change any graphic settings or anything, no new weird software installed.

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this, any help is appreciated!

It is your optional graphic settings. Open the Options screen (CTRL + O, or Advanced --> Options from main menu, or click on the second icon from the upper right corner and choose options), go to the graphics tab and de-select "Single Unit Graphics" if you want to see more than just the one unit for some formations, and de-select "Frozen Animations" if you want to see the proper models all the time.

Top Bottom