1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategy discussions

Discussion in 'Eagles' started by Calis, May 2, 2011.

1. Calis

Calis on time

Yeah, things do not get less complicated, right? But I hope that Kueche is not going to attack us while our lux trade is active.

2. Calis

Calis on time

I think I had some brain fart. actually it WAS agreed on that Chivalry is part of the agreement.

Look here:

I am currently doing some calculations and will come back to our trouble.

Furthermore, the Theology, Education deal will only be between Anarchy and Eagles.

3. Calis

Calis on time

Please have a look at this:

As a conclusion, I think we have to reimburse 8 gold to Kueche, we have to receive 208 gold from Anarchie from the first deal AND we have to receive another 100 gold from Anarchie after the Theology/Education deal.

I do not care that much for the payment between the other teams, but we need to convince Anarchie that Chivalry was planned right from the beginning, just not, who will research it.

Why didn't Kueche mention it?? It was so obvious?

4. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

Kuche - I wouldn't worry about 8 gold. They think they paid us the right amount, so I wouldn't confuse the issue. They owe us Chivalry, and then we will be even, and I think we should just leave it at that.

Anarchie - They owe us 208 gold regardless of whether they think Chivalry was part of the deal or not. Let's just get our 208 gold, and not talk about Chivarly. That's not our problem.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Actually, I mentioned it was part of the deal as early as October 26th in the Anarchie Embassy thread. I also posted this in post 243 in the same thread...

You must have me on ignore, Calis. The Anarchy does not owe us 208 gold, as you state. They owe us that and the 42 gold (one third of the profit made selling Mathematics to the BH) for a total of 250 gold. But oh well.

6. Calis

Calis on time

Yes, Cyc. You are right and I am glad you point me at it. I just recognized that you have written it in post 243. :blush:

And the second point just slipped by me.

I do not have you on ignore. Sorry about that!!

I will correct the amount to 250 gold!!

7. Cyc

No problem, Calis. I was just having a momentary lapse of reason. Glad we agree.

As I stated in the Anarchie thread, I believe we should start eaning towards an isolationist position in our scientific research. As least refrain from putting anything in writing until we are sure of every step through these murky waters.

Let's bee-line for MT after education. Let's not trade techs until the last possible moment of opportunity. With the Worker additions to the core, and the immediate growth, we should be able to put some stress in our counterparts. Hopefully, we can disrupt any plans they have made and move toward the game supremacy that Calis spoke of in another thread.

I'm still thinking about Barracks and defensive units....

8. Calis

Calis on time

As soon as our bigger sized cities are up, I think we can dedicate at least one city to def production.

9. Calis

Calis on time

I think you mean the same as I do, but I want to point it out clearly. We must be careful not to end as the wrong end of a 3-1 alliance. We should do our own research, but should try to keep some friends. Exchange of luxuries and such.

10. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

I think we need to continue a loose tech alliance with Anarchie. If we do not trade with them, it seems very likely that Kuche will. I think we should stipulate in our current agreement that if either Theology or Education is traded/sold to anyone else, then Eagles and Anarchie will split the proceeds. We don't need a long-term agreement with them, but as each research project is started, we should probably make a short-term agreement with Anarchie.

11. Cyc

I think we should try to trade world maps with the Kitchen and take snapshots of our rivals. Then trade world maps with the BH or the Anarchie (or both) and take more snapshots. Then compare the 2 or three (depending on if we trade with everyone). Let's get a good idea of what's gone on with the war on the other continent (hopefully).

12. Calis

Calis on time

Our world maps are the most valuable. Thus, I would not like to trade it away. But for your purpose, we could trade territory maps.

What do you think?

13. Cyc

The world is going to be known to all soon anyway. We need to see the differences in the other nations maps. If it has been a while since the Kitchen has traded with the BH, then if we get the new BH map, we can see the difference the war has caused, givining us a more accurate picture of the world today. We already know what the world looks like, but by slyly obtaining the other nations maps, we will also learn world history, not just world geography.

Our world map for this education is a good deal. But we have to play it right and post the new pics.

14. Calis

Calis on time

I am also fine with trading the world map if that is what people want. So what do others say?

15. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

I'm okay with trading our world maps away if it gives us a possible advantage. I'd rather see us get everyone else's world maps and maybe something extra if we can pull it off.

16. Cyc

True. Maps plus gold is fine...

17. Calis

Calis on time

That won't make diplomacy easier. Even if it's true that our world map is the most valuable. :think:

18. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

I'm ok with trading maps. Gold would be nice, but I think it is extremely unlikely anyone will agree that our map is worth giving anything extra.

19. EvilConqueror

EvilConqueror Warlord

I'm against trading it.

20. Cyc

4 to 1 so far...