• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Stryker ICV (m1126) (Nov 15, 2005)

MatteLeDog said:
I'm currently using this as a Type 96 Japanese advanced mech inf, and I use Dardo Hitfist as a Japanese type 89 fighting vehicle, aand I'm using Bjornlo's Hummer Avenger as a type 93 Japanese mobile SAM, this way the Japanese can have modern ground equipment too, great unit btw =)

Funny you should mention the Japanese. They were training on our post a little while ago and they had a vehicle which looked kinda like a Baby Stryker. That is, it was only a little bit smaller, but was clearly lighter. Kinda cool looking in its own way. Only problem was that it was slower than the Stryker, which seemed odd given that it was about 20% lighter. Must have a smaller powerplant.

plustaticman said:
Funny you should mention the Japanese. They were training on our post a little while ago and they had a vehicle which looked kinda like a Baby Stryker. That is, it was only a little bit smaller, but was clearly lighter. Kinda cool looking in its own way. Only problem was that it was slower than the Stryker, which seemed odd given that it was about 20% lighter. Must have a smaller powerplant.
Must have been something like their version of the ME262 in WW2. It was around 20% smaller/lighter.. but due to underpowered engines was still slightly slower. Never saw combat as far as I know... good thing for us.

Nakajima Kikka

Wyrmshadow said:

That isn't the vehicle I saw. I will look around work and see if anyone was working with the joint training and if they got a pic.

That said, that vehicle is a Stryker, just with what looks to be some variant of the Bushmaster on it. Wish we had that. Could make for one hell of a platform to send lead downrange from.

The New Zealand unit is a derivative of the stryker. Variants/derivatives of the Stryker are used by a dozen nations or more.
It is the same chassis, if it has the same fancy electronics, ceramic internal armor, norwegian fire control, etc as the actual Stryker I could not say.
But I gotta go with Plustaticman, it would be nice to have a 30-40mm auto-cannon version like the New Zealanders deploy. Even more interesting would be a variant with the super-rapid fire 76mm auto-cannon the stryker's fire control was originally developed for by Kongsberg. Of course the problem would be in an urban setting where such a varient would put out a nearly uncontrollable level of fire for the environment.

Top Bottom