Stupidest 90s hit songs (and also some good ones)

Ok, to avoid a second thread with the good 90s songs, I edited the title. So from now on you can also post good songs. Just specify if you think the song is good or stupid :D

This, for example, is just awesome, despite not being serious:

Ok, to avoid a second thread with the good 90s songs, I edited the title. So from now on you can also post good songs. Just specify if you think the song is good or stupid :D

It's safe to assume that I think all of the songs are both.

Does anyone remember this? Apparently it was on some movie soundtrack.

Link to video.

I'm sorry, but you must be talking about the 2010's. I cannot get behind that pompous, pretentious statement in any form whatsoever. More of my favourite songs comes from the '90's than any individual decade. Period, full stop.
I did note that there were exceptions: Counting Crows and Magnetic Fields are two examples. I'm quite happy being pompous and pretentious. Are you?

90s had some crap but I would say the good outweighed the bad heavily.

Every decade has piles of crap, 80's anyone? Hell most of the 70s, half the 60's most of the 50's?

90s had some crap but I would say the good outweighed the bad heavily.

Every decade has piles of crap, 80's anyone? Hell most of the 70s, half the 60's most of the 50's?

And MOST of the 2010's, as I said.

^That's a really stupid song, but I think I never heard of it before :D
Isn't it great? It was a medium big hit over here.

With a few exceptions, the 90s was a wasteland of bad music. If those years were your formative ones, I'm sorry; you better look elsewhere.
The 90s had great music.
I'm sorry, but you must be talking about the 2010's. I cannot get behind that pompous, pretentious statement in any form whatsoever. More of my favourite songs comes from the '90's than any individual decade. Period, full stop.
The 2010s had great music and objectively better music than the 2000s.

Speaking as an objectivist, your interpretation of "objectively" is incorrect.

Some good stuff here though. Dont forget songs are not doctoral thesis. Songs can be stupid and good simultaneously.

Must be the worst decade for music radio ever.

Off the top of my head:

Aqua – Barbie Girl

Rednex – Cotton Eye Joe

Hanson – MMMBop

Kriss Kross – Jump

Ace of Base – All that she wants

May I include Shiny Happy People in this list?
I like R.E.M. but this song is deplorable

Must be the worst decade for music radio ever.

Off the top of my head:

Aqua – Barbie Girl

Rednex – Cotton Eye Joe

Hanson – MMMBop

Kriss Kross – Jump

Ace of Base – All that she wants

So, choose five songs off the top of your head and the say the WORST decade for radio music? I think your system of analysis needs a lot of fine-tuning to be credible.

Speaking as an objectivist, your interpretation of "objectively" is incorrect.
Ok Ayn Rand.
But while music is subjective, the things that drive creativity, namely people with the skills and tools and desire, in a meritocratic setting, has vastly increased this past decade over the one before it.

Here's a good one:

Top Bottom