Stupidest 90s hit songs (and also some good ones)

I always hated this, and anything else by this band - iirc it was a huge hit in my final year in highschool:

Says 1995, so apparently two years before graduation, not the final year.
Still sucked :)

May not have charted until then. They blew up 1996.

Live Throwing Copper was 1994 but charted 1996.

Megadeth Sweating Bullets

I was never a big fan of Megadeth or Pantera, but I very much liked their peer band in the sub-genre, Metallica.

Both suck compared to late 70/early 80s. Totally (un)objective statement.

Such sweeping statements. You're getting close to thinking like a Sith again. I hope your black cloak is still in your closet and your red lightsaber on your rack.

Mr. Jones and Me needs to burn in Hell for eternity... In Civ, I love Nuclear Genocide, but in real life, the only thing that would push me to that is Mr. Jones and Me. :p

Well, aren't you a ridiculously, overly-harsh judge, there.

From 1999:

Too bad it was their only decent song (imo).

The singer always wore tons of make-up. Later on not so much:

Only decent song? I beg to differ. Marilyn Manson had quite a few good ones, actually, even if an acquired taste and understanding it's shock rock and literal statements to what's being sung (in fact, very often quite the reverse in ultimate message).

I always hated this, and anything else by this band - iirc it was a huge hit in my final year in highschool:

Says 1995, so apparently two years before graduation, not the final year.
Still sucked :)

May not have charted until then. They blew up 1996.

Live Throwing Copper was 1994 but charted 1996.

No Doubt was alright, and I remember liking them early. Live was pretty good, though there were some in the day who claimed there was Neo-Nazi innuendo in their lyrics - this was never verified, and the band and their record label stalwartly denied the claim as "libelous and scurrilous misreading of innocent metaphors."

Such sweeping statements. You're getting close to thinking like a Sith again. I hope your black cloak is still in your closet and your red lightsaber on your rack.

Sigh. Obviously saying the statement was "totally (un)objective" wasn't enough of a clue for you that it was tongue in cheek.
Let me spell it out for you. I do not believe that objectivity is possible in matters of personal taste. Would you like a neon sign to go with that?

Next '90s genre for good songs: Trip-hop

Massive Attack - Blue Lines (1991) - "Unfinished Sympathy"
Spoiler :
Portishead - Dummy (1994) - "Glory Box"
Spoiler :
Moloko - Do You Like My Tight Sweater? (1995) - "Fun For Me"
Spoiler :
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X (1996) - "6 Underground"
Spoiler :
Hooverphonic - Blue Wonder Power Milk (1998) - "This Strange Effect"
Spoiler :
Massive Attack - Mezzanine (1998) - "Angel" - fun fact: this is the song that played when Zoe Bartlet was kidnapped

Lamb - Fear of Fours (1999) - "B-Line"

<Delete>

Remember CDs?

IMG_20201215_094638.jpg

Couldn't find Orbital or GZR CD

KMFDM, Type O Negative, Napalm Death, Fear Factory, Gravity Kills.

I was in Oz in '99. I brought home the album that this song is from:
Spoiler Possibly NFSW, but still freakin' hilarious :
Bonus points also for Black Bugs, !(The Song Formerly Known As), and I Will Lick Your *******.

But hey, I guess you owe us now the worst 90s contribution of Switzerland... (the EDM one, you know...) :D
I assume you were thinking of this national treasure?

^That's a really stupid song, but I think I never heard of it before :D
If you lived in a german speaking area during that time it was impossible to miss, but that was in the 80s, not the 90s

The Crow (1994)
I've seen this movie multiple times, and the only music I consider listenable by itself is this:

The Space Channel used to play this video (minus the subtitles) as a filler, back when The Crow: Stairway to Heaven was on TV. Of course they showed the movie before the series premiered, so the viewers could see what the show was based on.

Top Bottom