Succesion LK7 - Babylon - 20000 pt challenge

Why this game is over :)

I got the game. I'll probably post the results by this time tomorrow or a bit sooner.

1705ad - Privateers are fun.
1710ad - Cities with all infrastructure buildings finished are changed to wealth
1715ad - France offers a MPP and I refuse it. War is the last thing we need now. However, I got wmap, 29gold and 7gold/turn for the RofP deal. WE've completed Theory of evolution. We got communism and Espionage with it. Damn!!! 15 turns to Universal Suffrage.
1720ad - "We Love The King Day" celebrated all over Babylon. We have lots of money, the science rate cannot go above an advance/4 turns, so I wonder why not give our people some entertainment. They deserve it. Akkad started the Inteligence Agency.
1725ad - Eridu completed Battlefield Medicine.
1730ad - Ur is buildin Hoover Dam (20 turns)
1735ad to 1745ad - Zzzz
1750ad - The railroad net is completely finished. Now the worst part is micro wondering workers that have nothing to do.
1752ad - Zzzz
1754ad - Sold spice to Persia and Aztecs and renegatiate all deals that didn't involved foreing luxuries. Everybody is polite to us now. This was quite sudden and unexpected.
1756ad - All Zulus workers are stacked and fortified near Umtata. There is a stack of regular workers near Babylon. Akkad completed the Intelligence Agency.
1758ad to 1762ad - Zzzz
1764ad - We've discovered steel. Babylon finished the Universal Suffrage.
1766ad - Our last Privateer was destroyed.
1768ad - Zzzz
1770ad - I finished my participation in this game.

Nothing else to do besides cleaning up pollution. This was a great game and my last on regent. I'm moving to monarch. I would like to ask that the last player post the game so I can see how it finishes and have it in my high scores. Thanks.

General Sirian elected to Presidency. Defense budget increased. Army modernized. Navy... uh, created. Air Force... initiated.

With absolutely nothing consequential to do (could even have ignored the pollution, although I didn't -- what a CHORE that is, since they broke the automated pollution cleanup command with the last patch) I decided to secure a source of rubber, peacefully. So the first half of my turn was building a couple transports and loading them, sending them south and building a couple dozen destroyers and battleships. The second half was spent building 57 tanks and starting a couple of airports. Blew our cash reserves on a complete refit of all troops, and rushbuilding essential items for the new colonies. We have arrived in the modern age, and Babylon is building the Pentagon in 3 turns, which will raise culture from 113 per turn to 114, making absolutely no difference whatsoever.

The next player up will complete the game. Clicking Next Turn a few times will do the trick, or amuse yourself by conquering somebody. Thanks guys, I had fun. :) Looking forward to watching the replay.

- Sirian

Winning the game - cdub
Currently at 24 hours and waiting.

In v1.16f (current patch), when using shift-p to auto-send workers to clean up pollution, the function will now only stack two workers per polluted square. I suppose there is some reason for this linked to the rest of the automated functions, perhaps something to deal with a problem, such as an endless loop.

You used to be able (with rails) to hit shift-p as many times as it took to either clean up all the pollution, or assign all your available workers. Now you have to manually move the workers after the first two, which is definitely not as good as it was before.

- Sirian

In v1.16f (current patch), when using shift-p to auto-send workers to clean up pollution, the function will now only stack two workers per polluted square. I suppose there is some reason for this linked to the rest of the automated functions, perhaps something to deal with a problem, such as an endless loop.

Thanks for the info! I noticed that too actually but didnt realize it was a bug, ie different from before the patch..

Great game guys! I'm enjoying following it!

Skipping - cdub

Garsonga - Please downloadthe game, and finish the last handfull of turns.

Okay, I've got it. I'll post when it's over. If I can figure out how I'll add a screen shot of the winning screen. Do you want the last turn or the turn before the win?

Garsonga

We Did IT! Here the sequence of events.

It took a few more turns than I expected but we won it. Sorry couldn't get the print screen function working on my system.

1810 AD Tanks completed in various cities. Bomber completed on Sirian's Isle.

1812 AD Clean lots of pollution

1814 AD More tanks completed, boy if we needed to go to war we'd be in there.

1816 AD Pentagon completed in Babylon, started Airport
France and Persia signed a peace treaty

1818-1822 AD France and Greece sign a peace treaty

1824-1826 AD More pollution patrol

1828 AD America and Japan sign an alliance against France.
America declares war against France.

1830 AD Sell Lincoln Medicine for 60 gold and 12 gold per turn.

1832-1834 AD Perisa and America sign a peace treaty.

1836-1838 AD WE WIN!!!! Cultural Victory.

I've attached the save game 1 turn prior to the win! Enjoy, been fun playing with you all.

Garsonga

Top Bottom