Succession game for RFC RAND?

Sorry for sparsities. Just getting back into SGs.

One thing I should have said was that I started a couple settlers both on America and the mainland. I was working towards domination. But other than that, nothing interesting.

The annoying thing with playing on my laptop is that after I press enter, I alt tab to a webpage and come back in 2 mins and sometimes I have missed messages at the top... I will have to check the log. Hope the turns were okay in general.

0. 1858 I set Vikings to research Artillery (they were doing Electricity which we already have). I switch to State Property, emancipation and universal suffrage (our colonies need badly some infrastructure and since we have the Kremlin, why not use it?). We really need to be first to get Pentagon and fascism (for the number of cities we have), so I set all research and no espionage.
1. 1860 Plague strikes Fort Caroline. Germany already has Medicine. :(
2. 1862 Japan gets plague. We steal Biology from Germany.
3. 1864 Multiple spies die enroute to Stockholm. :mad: Russia and England get plague. Biloxi founded.
4. 1866 Vikings and Egypt get plague. Milan starts Opera house (we still haven't flipped Rome yet?!)
5. 1868 Arretium builds Eiffel Tower.
6. 1870 Maya gets plague.
7. 1872 Assembly line done. Set to fascism. Congress invite
8. 1874 Founded Grenoble. Everybody is pleased or friendly with us except Germany, so I didn't bribe anybody.
9. 1876 Congress results (our vote/result):
Bismarck wants Astrakan (Russia) (y/n)
Victoria, Ragnar, Pacal, Toku, Gandhi don't want any cities. :lol:
Rameses wants Sogut (Indy) (n/y)
Stalin wants Munchen (y/y)
We want Frankfurt (y/y).

I sign peace with Arabia. Founded Bayonne (right SE of Detroit)...

10. 1878 ...and since we're unstable, I liberate to Maya and become only stable. Persia pops up, won't open borders. I found Carcarsonne.
We steal Railroad from Vikings.
Milan rushes Pentagon (1 turn to Opera House next turn).
Paris is still building Wembley while Orleans is building Graceland.

To do:
1. Fascism in 2 turns. Try to hold off on switching to Police state/nationhood until more culture and also more infrastructure is bought. If we're unstable, then yes, go and switch and devote all money to espionage (bonuses with police state and nationhood).
2. Need Vikings to research useful things for us (not the techs we know already). For example, they are 1 move to flight, and we can steal artillery from them. Stockholm is much cheaper and also closer to us than the Konigsberg.
3. Please people don't found any more cities unless we can support them. Our research is down to 60% only. I build the cities with the existing settlers but until we get industrialism, wait for Australia.
4. Factories all around.
5. Some more troops because the plague killed a lot of our defense (some cities are undefended right now).:blush:

MAM is up.

The Vikings doing our research is a fantastic idea!

So is the Great Mayan Improvement Project possible?

Yes, but we have to chop the jungles first in our territory before liberating it to them. I gave them a good city up in NAm, so they should be OK. If we need more territory I suggest liberating some cities in the middle of SAm to Maya who's grossly undeveloped. We have plenty of jungles to chop ourselves, so let's not neglect that.
I'm really unhappy that America has managed to found a city on the SW coast of Africa, but they beat me to it. Now we have to roll our tanks all over them (preferably in conjunction with Germany) and war on Russia and America--when we're ready.:lol:

IMO we could do this peacefully. Sometimes in refular Civ games if you want a dom victory on a large open map (say after razing everything) you wait till you have lots of settlers in place and just found them all on one turn. There's tons of space in Africa and America.

IMO we could do this peacefully. Sometimes in refular Civ games if you want a dom victory on a large open map (say after razing everything) you wait till you have lots of settlers in place and just found them all on one turn. There's tons of space in Africa and America.

Not necessary, and in fact a little bit risky. There will be some places where we can quickly found a couple cities towards the end for the last few percent, but a slow build up of our economy and expansion is the way to go. Suddenly founding 10-15 cities is risky, and dangerous to our economy and stability.

Hm... does the check for a civil war/collapse happen before domination calculation?

I wouldn't want to win like that anyway. I'm still hoping for a Modern War against Germany :)

Turn 0- Traded Maps. Japan knows fission?

Turn 1- Started Securtiy Bureau in Birka after finishing Intelligence Agency. Finished Pentagon in Milan, started Opera House. America is no longer a Russian Vassal. :)

Turn 2- Finished Fascism, started Industrialism, finished temple in Qusqu, started Factory, Opera House in Milan, started Mt. Rushmore, theatre in Mobile, started courthouse. Sent Jacques Cartier on trade mission to Tokyo, told Vikings to research refrigeration.

Turn 3- Signed defensive pact with Russia, finished Factory in Arretium, started cathedral

Turn 4- We sold Fascism to Victoria for 400 gold and World Map, finished Infantry in Montreal, started courthouse, lighthouse in Nouvelle Orleans, started levee, Ethiopia vassalizes to India.

Turn 5- Sold Rice to Victoria for 11gpt as she's no longer interested in corn, finished theatre in Grenoble, started levee, Arabian civ destroyed

Turn 6- Finished Factory in Lisboa, started Hindu Missionary, Factory in Quebec, started courthouse

Turn 7- Finished cathedral in Arretium, started Intelligence Agency, Infantry in Fort Caroline, started courthouse, Factory in Frankfurt, started cathedral, declared war on America and captured worker beside St. Thomas.

Turn 8- Told Viking to research Superconductors, finished Graceland in Orleans, started Hindu Missionary, started Amphitheatre in Lisboa, Mt. Rushmore in Milan, started Factory, Infantry in Basse-Terre, started courthouse, fishing boats destroyed by America:mad: , Captured St. Thomas:p , started courthouse.

Turn 9- Finished theatre in Orleans, started Machine Gun, Infantry in Bordeaux, started Factory, Amphitheatre in Lisboa, started Security Bureau, Courthouse in Montreal, started Jail, same in Quebec, French Revolt in Jeddah, made peace with America, sold hit single to Lincoln for 5gpt, spread Hinduism in Lyon.

Turn 10- Finished Machine Gun in Marseille, started levee, Levee in Quitu, started Salon, Factory in Qusqu, started Security Bureau, Intelligence Agency in Arretium, started Security Bureau, Theatre in Carcasonne, started courthouse, Germany signs defensive pact with America, stole Combustion from Vikings, conduct Trade Mission in Tokyo(+1500 gold)

Turn 11- Finished Machine Gun in Orleans, started public transit, Factory in Tarentum, started Security Bureau.

Turn 12- Finished Industrialism, started Mass Media. Finished Salon in Pisae, started Factory, Jail in Quebec, started Intelligence Agency, Factory in Fort de-France, started courthouse, Great Prophet born in Milan, founded Port au-Prince, started library, changed civics to police state/nationhood.

Notes: I took the liberty of playing 2 extra turns so I could switch our gears by finishing Industrialism and settling Australia along with becoming totalitarian.:cool: Even after war, America is pleased with us yet still won't re-open borders. If we declare on Germany we'll start a world war because Russia and Germany are already engaged. It takes the Vikings 7 turns to research superconductors so there's no longer any point in researching things ourselves.

Goals:

1. Get that extra 5% land area and we need another vassal to reach that pop. requirement.

2. Build up lots and lots of troops for above goal

3. Make sure not to neglect culture, which is second only to hammers and espionage infrastructure, gold and stability aren't problems at the moment.

4. Colonize Australia/Oceania, lots of empty space.

5. Remember, we can make quite a bit of money off of trading hit single and football events.(we'll get Wembley in one turn:goodjob:)

Attachments

• Napoleon AD-1902 Turn 368.CivBeyondSwordSave
    860.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 123
We still have soviet Portugal though!

Whos next:confused:

I think kbk is next. The French UP kinda prevents people from declaring war right after the peace treaty, so you can kill anybody who's not European indiscriminately as long as they're not in a pact.:backstab:

Hey guys, I just had my power restored, and had no access to the internet since Sunday, just after I posted my turns in the Arabian game. I'll take my turns later tonight.

Okay. Only shaky? Well I suppose that's okay, until the Inca respawn anyways. We'll need to work on that. One thing to do is save some great people for a golden age, which we can trigger after reloading if the Inca respawn. Liberating cities will also work the same way.

Please be careful about stacking workers. I see lots of stacks of 2s, and I hope you are all aware that will result in a wasted turn for tasks that take an odd number of turns (like 3 turn railroads!)

I trust we are remembering to hot-swap our civics for occupation/resettlement/viceroyalty as appropriate?

A good source of late game vassals will be civs respawning, so keep an eye out for that. If we maintain peace, we can likely get some of these to vassalize to us without much trouble.

Turn 0 (1902): set culture to 30% to eat up more land area. Set vikings to medicine, which we need ASAP. I like to have this one by the 1870s.
Turn 1 (1904): Paris finishes Wembly. Great Prophet born in Arretium. Sent to Paris to rest for a golden age.
Turn 2 (1906): Turkey respawns. Open borders with Turkey. They're not interested in vassalizing.
Turn 3 (1908): We moved back up to Solid thanks to our wonder and switching back to viceroyalty a few turns back. I'm sure the industrial revolution helps too. Egypt vassalized to India :(
Turn 4 (1910): Turkey vassalized to Japan. Set Orleans to Ironworks (Its our most productive city). Set Montreal to National Park. Its a big city, with 7 forest tiles available. Carcassonne has more forest, but would take about 50 times longer to build the park.
Turn 5 (1912): Nothing eventful.
Turn 6 (1914): Stole Medicine from the Vikings. Culture back down to 0, and Espionage back up.
Turn 7 (1915): Nothing Interesting.
Turn 8 (1916): Nothing Interesting.
Turn 9 (1917): Still Nothing interesting.
Turn 10 (1918): Accepted invitation to World Congress. Founded Kourou in Australia.
Spoiler :

I placed several more spies in Vikings lands. We're making more espionage points than we can spend with 1 spy if we wait 5 turns, so I placed several more in Stockholm. Direct the Vikings to research up to and including computers and steal it. Orleans can build the internet very quickly. Rework the tiles around Orleans. The plains all need irrigation, and we'll need to get as many mines in those hills as we can support.

Fort de-France is building a settler, this should be nearly the last one we need, we can put it in that big Island north of Australia and get another couple percent of land area. Remember to switch to resettlement and back to viceroyalty.

Next guy: Don't forget to switch back to viceroyalty first thing next turn. See what we can pick up in the next congress.

Long term: Maintain the peace until we can unleash nuclear hell on Russia. An army of spies to take out any bomb shelters might not be a bad idea, but that can be whipped up pretty quickly. (see my win on this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7191179&postcount=192 ) We are back at a required 30% land area, which we'll have with that last city in Indonesia and a couple border expansions in Australia. We do not need to capture any more cities, just nuke population.

Attachments

• Napoleon AD-1918 Turn 378.CivBeyondSwordSave
    879.1 KB · Views: 59
Speaking of nuclear hell, my current domination game on regular RFC I'm playing Russia and raining ICBMs on France (my former ally). I think the trick is to make sure you know what other people are researching, and as soon as they are able to research rocketry, you declare war. (e.g. Turkey, my long time ally, has fission, industrialism and combustion, but no artillery yet. They don't know what's coming for them)

Maax you're up.

Turn 0 - 1918 AD

Ivory for corn trade with Darius. Our empire is in nice state atm. :goodjob:

Turn 1 - 1919 AD

7 GPT for sheep with Stalin. 7 GPT for hootball event with ragnar. Switched to Viceroyalty.

Turn 2 - 1920 AD

Congress of Osaka begins.
Zara Yaqob makes no requests.
Togugawa got Archanhelsk (russia).
Roosevelt did not get Waterford.
Stalin did not get Parsa.
Bismarck did not get Arretium.
Victoria makes no request.
Ragnar makes no request.
Pacal made no requests.
WE GOT ROMEEEEEE! :)

Awesome :lol:
We also got event that gave us +1000 espionage towards vikings.

Turn 3 - 1921 AD

Nothing interesting.

Turn 4 - 1922 AD

Eqypt went into civil war because of respawned persia. :lol:

Turn 5 - 1923 AD

Nothing interesting.

Turn 6 - 1924 AD

Calipus, Great spy has born. I just noticed what vikings were researching so I did a little alteration to the tech plan. One spy failed rest were succesful.

Turn 7 - 1925 AD

Russia and Germany make peace. Who will be next target? :shifty:
5 GPT for hit single with gandhi.

Turn 8 - 1926 AD

Ok alot happened in world at this year.
First dutch respawned. Then america became russias vassal and now we have again soviet america this time its led by roosevelt. Then England declares war on dutch. :crazyeye:

Turn 9 - 1927 AD

Dutch civilization is destroyed again... Also Soviet america founds Mining inc.

Turn 10 - 1928 AD

Nothing interesting

Turn 11 - 1929 AD

Its the extra turn :eek:
This is why.

And

Stuff for next guy.
Settle meybe one more city and then well... win?

Attachments

• Napoleon AD-1929 Turn 389.CivBeyondSwordSave
    913.6 KB · Views: 62
Good job getting Rome. (Did it have any wonders?) I think we should have the Vikings research Rocketry so we can build nukes, just in case the Germans become aggressive.
Quotey you're up.

Try to found a city in Indonesia. We've got that settler that I built just waiting in Ford de-France in Africa, not sure why Maax didn't found it.

Indonesia.. why there? too much ocean imo.

Will not be able to win on my set as we're 11% away from the pop limit. Means Nuking Russia and Germany?

Top Bottom