Succession game for RFC RAND?

Indonesia.. why there? too much ocean imo.

Will not be able to win on my set as we're 11% away from the pop limit. Means Nuking Russia and Germany?

Because with 500 culture in our Australian cities, another city there won't get much land, and there's a big massive cross of land just north of there to put the city on that can get a good 10 tiles with a full culture expansion, which will mean we'll have the land area we need.

Yes, I think the end game will require nuking.

Sorry everyone, I'll have to step out. My laptop gets constant CTDs trying to play. I suppose late game RAND/RFC is off limits until I get a better PC.

:(

(10 chars)

I can take his place if everyone's okay with it (been lurking around here reading everything so I know what's going on :))

Sure, why don't you take his place and I'll play after you.

Oh I'm up?
*edit: means got it :p (didn't notice it won't be so clear for anyone other than me)

turn 0 - 1929 (before pressing enter)

Sent settler and rifleman from Fort-De-France to soon-to-be libreville (pic at bottom, but don't look until you've read the whole thing, it could give you major spoilers!)

turn 1 - 1930

Started building some airports across the world (we do want to be able to get troops from A to B no? :crazyeye: and the extra trade routes can't do any harm)

canceled hit musical to america for GPT (forgot how much was it :S), re-traded for 3 extra GPT
canceled cotton to japan for GPT (forgot how much was it :S), re-traded for extra 2 (I think) GPT
canceled rice to england for GPT, re-traded... wait, they didn't want to trade for it again :\ (didnt have GPT appearing for them in the trade screen, they must be running -GPT)

turn 2 - 1931

founded libreville (pic at bottom - dont look yet!)

Some airports there, troops there, a couple of health buildings where they could help.

turn 3 - 1932

Nothing really, couple of buildings here, some units where airports have been built.

turn 4 - 1933

Nothing again, wait, oh, HOLY MOTHER OF !!!!!!

Germany, india, and ethiopia declare war on us, maya and vikings join the fray, and due to defensive pacts so does the whole world!! this is truly one of the biggest wars I've ever played, it's the war to end all wars! we, as the hand of liberty, must stop the evil germans and their plan to dominate the world! (well atleast that's what we told our allies ;))

I'm gonna stop now and let you guys discuss how you wanna handle it out, I think we should go head-on on prag neapolis and all those roman cities we didn't take last time. let the germans suffer for their mistake of declaring war against the world! also we could easily beat ethiopia and india if we take em both and go on the defensive against germany, we have a pretty good shot of eliminating them both, and keep in mind germany is fighting a 3 front war - south west and east with unimaginable forces, with no desire grater than burning berlin down to the ground :)

So basiclly those are my 2 suggestions - either strike germany or ethiopia, but whatever the choise will be, we must get more troops to german front lines fast!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Napoleon AD-1934 Turn 394.CivBeyondSwordSave
    914.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 146
This is a smallish war at best. We did build some nukes, right? We need to find out where the German stack(s) are and nuke them ASAP. Ethiopia and India have no production and shouldn't be our priority, although getting some of their land will certain help us with our land criteria.

I hope we're in police state and nationhood by now?

Remember to switch to occupation right before capturing a city (for stability). Also, if our expansion starts to make us even "stable" (because it can plummet to shaky or even unstable/collapsing the next turn), liberate some cities to our vassals (e.g. Maya who can take most of South America), otherwise a civ like Rome or Inca might respawn on our turf.

(you want some REALLY big wars with lots of fronts? Then play a conquest game on regular RFC with a huge map):lol:

Well It's the first war I've had that included all existing civs, but even if we nuke their stacks they got nice production (UB) and good UU if they got the techs (didn't see if they do) so should i continue playing following these actions: nuke -> roll over their front cities -> deploy more troops -> send some to india\ethiopia and some to german front line -> kill whoever is our target?

Finally some action :goodjob:

Lets get the imperial warmachine up and running.

We're 4 turns from fission but have Rocketry?? Crank it up to 100% and build the Manhattan project in our most productive city (probably Orleans). Why are we hoarding cash?

Mass upgrades :D (tho I upgraded in africa and america too :S probably shouldnt have wasted the money like this) I've played the other half of my turnset and here's pretty much what happened:

First, turns out we have NO NUKES, and vikings almost done with rocketry, sent 2 spies to scandinavia to steal computers and rocketry, both cost ~7000 EP so wait for either wait for 50% discount or steal, your choise whoever is up.
The german war machine turned out to have one major stack in neapolis with a minor stack in northwestern germany and a perhaps another minor stack in northern germany-occupied africa.
the first few battles... we losses, tank divisions and artillery divisions were sent to southern frontline (neapolis prag - frankfurt pisae) bombardment then begun, the entire german city (culture) defenses were grounded down in a matter of 2 years, however the germans then decided to come out of the city walls and attack, most of the first french minor wave were defeated, few survived with high casualties, but it seems the germans only had minor casualties (damn anti-tanks!!) a couple of infantry units and great general whats-his-name were sent to aid the casualties back to friendly towns, but in his brave sacrifice, the great general whats-his-name died trying to defend the rest of the french retreating army, you will not be forgotten whats-your-name!!
turns out the french manufactured alot of ground vehicles, but no air vehicles at all!! work has soon begun on bombers and fighters, and those few that were completed early enough in the first stages of the war were moved to the front lines immedietly.
ragnar was asked to attack konisberg, a german city bordering northwestern france, and a minor french assault wave was sent aswell, if the assault will be a success, we should send a larger stack towards the area and sneak on berlin and nearby cities from behind!
a lone german panzer was spotted in southwestern france, few cavalry gave their life but the tank was destroyed (damn 2 50% withdrawl chance lost, but weakened him for 3rd to kill), the remaining french cavalry was sent to scout german-occupied northern africa.
a large stack of cavalry was sent from prag to assault french-occupied frankfurt, can a couple of french troops hold them off?? (try to reinforce the city with new-world airlift-able troops)
most french cities are producing troops, we must send them to the front line ASAP.
with what little we kept from the failed assault of prag-neapolis, we've created another minor assault wave, this time headed to the weakly-defended german city of tarquinii.
also a lone infantry unit is sent from french-africa to ethiopian lands to see what we need basicly to grab those nice cities from them, a couple of tanks should do the trick, airlift to africa when some of the heat is off of pisae and frankfurt (most of their troops are rifle-upgraded oromos, with 2 first strikes).
so for the next guy, you will probably fight the major part in the war, deciding the outcome of pisae - frankfurt - neapolis - prag battlezone and maybe even be able to claim berlin, dont forget to remove culture with spy -> attack with air units -> first strike artilleries -> rest of artilleries -> tanks -> mop up with infantry.
here's some pics from the war and the save:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Napoleon AD-1939 Turn 399.CivBeyondSwordSave
    935.9 KB · Views: 54
AP's up, right? I say we get nukes A.S.A.P and nuke the heck out of them but until then continue to mass produce units. We should be able to win this war pretty easily even without nukes.

Sigh, why do I have to war again? :p Maybe a defensive war initially until we get nukes would have been cheaper.

Sigh, why do I have to war again? :p Maybe a defensive war initially until we get nukes would have been cheaper.

War with Germany was probably inevitable. But we should definitely play defensive. Collapsing them will up our required land area and destroy our stability. Wait for nukes, then nuke 'em til' they glow. We'll probably have to nuke Russia too, to get the pop requirement down.

BurnEmDown, can you try to format your turns so they are more friendly to the reader? Bold sections or paragraph breaks will do just fine. :)

0. 1939 We need rocketry at all costs--spy steals with without discount from the Vikings.. We ask for peace from Japan and Persia for 70 and 170 g respectively. We OB with America. Exchange some health resources from Vikings.
Switch Vikings to Robotics in case we need to get there for mechs, and switch all gold to espionage.

1. 1940 Frankfurt was nearly lost--I airflighted a machine gun there. Trondheim founds Creative Communications. We draft 4 infantry. Switch to Occupation and capture Konigsberg with the loss of 1 artillery.

2. 1941 Arabia respawns--we're now 2% above land limit! :lol: Turkey of course declares war on Arabia. A GE is born in Paris and I rush Wall Street there (we're only stable). I use our infantry in Ethiopia to pillage and terrorize. Since Germany is unstable, I use our spy to induce them to switch to Police State since they have free speech (maybe they'll collapse after that)...

3. 1942 Orleans builds our first ICBM and we nuke the stack in Neapolis, which we capture right away. Germany is willing to make peace but I want capitulation. Our stack which was trapped in Pisae is now free to go north.

4. 1943 Congress invite. Russians nuke Danzig. We steal computers from Vikings and Orleans starts to build Internet. Arles founded in Australia.

5. 1944 Danzig captured by Russians. This makes the Germans willing to capitulate! :king::king: The Third Reich is renamed the Confederation of the Rhine. I liberate Annaba (which they gave us) to them right away. We nuke Dilli (India's largest city).

6. 1945 Congress results (our vote/result):
Gandhi wants Mumbai (indy) no/yes
Roosevelt wants nothing
Stalin wants Bursa (Persia) yes/no
Bismark wants Astrakhan (Russian) yes/yes :lol:
Churchill wants nothing
We want Liverpool (large city) no/no:mad: 4 to 4 vote
Saladin wants Harmozia no/no
Ragnar wants Kansas City (American) yes/yes:lol:
Tokugawa wants Voroneza (Russian) yes/yes

Great spy born and infiltrated in Stockholm. We liberate Konigsberg and Neapolis to Germany to bring them to just unstable while we go from barely stable to solid. We switched back to Viceroyalty, and I was going to induce Germany to go for nationhood to buff their stability but...

7. 1946 Surprise--America breaks free! This drives our population requirement from 38 to 36%! We win by domination! :goodjob:

Everybody did a good job, although I would have loved to see more workers improving all that good land and more Christian temples for hammers.
(I have the save but not the space to post it, anybody interested let me know).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0212.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0212.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 198
  • Civ4ScreenShot0216.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0216.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 234
Awesome, my first domination win!

P.S.-Anyone interested in a sucession game for my Maya challenge, I'd really like to finally crack it and Jet has posted some good tips. We can start soon or wait until the Saladin the Tolerant SG's done. Anyone interested?

Awesome :goodjob:

Theese end-game wars are always fun

how about wait for V1.1 of RAND? makes maya start with less jungles so it should be easier (tho ofc not easy at all :))

Boooorrrinnnggg!

I want to play in a Maya challenge game in RFC, but I was thinking of testing out Rhye's changes to Khmer/Maya/India starts, and want to to a Khmer or Maya Space game. Probably Maya to try out beating the conquerors without New Orleans or Chicago.

Top Bottom