[SUGGESTION] More use for founding father points

Loriel

Chieftain
Hello! first of all I am huge civilization / colonization player from the very first civ1 to all the new ones. Also I have been lurking this forum from time to time and this is actually my first post though I have joined first over 11 years ago :D

Secondly I am absolutely in awe for the We the People mod. This mod certanly rivals my all time favorite mod Fall From heaven and I cant thank the modding community enough for giving me "still one more turn" moments and causing my wife to shunning me :D

----------------

So my idea would be to implement somekind of repeatable things for founding father points, which naturally would increase everythime used. So depending on how we would like this to work either in early game or in end game, If in early game the cost for using option, would be small but increases drastically, or if in late game then price is high and increases by smaller increments.

For example (not necessary every option, but some ideas and brain storming):

Trade points:
- You could lift boycot
- You could increase/decrease prices in europe / africa / port royal
- You could trigger small boon for native traders performance for small period of time
- You could hire some epic native trader unit (great native trader) etc.
- You could build / hurry trading structures (perhaps build some unique national structure)

Military points:
- You could hire continental guard
- You could decrease the cost of hiring military units from europe
- You could cause small boon for military units for small period of time (like they heal while moving?)
- You could build / hurry some military structures (perhaps build some unique national structure)

Religion points:
- You could trigger small boon for missionary performance for small period of time
- You could increase relationship with natives that have you missionaries
- You could hire bishops
- You could build / hurry some religious structures (perhaps build some unique national structure)

Exploration points:
- You could trigger small movement bonus for each scout / naval unit for small period of time
- You could use them to find new source of gold / gems / whale in neutral terrioties
- You could build / hurry maritine structures ( perhaps build some unique national structure)

Political points:
- You could hire famous noble / governor.
- You could use them to boon your other founding father points generations for small period of time
- You could use them to boon your education for small period of time
- You could unlock founding father that you have rejected earlier to be hired again (naturally you need to pay the founding fathers cost in addition)
- You could build/hurry political structures ( perhaps build some unique national structure

----

On the same note perhaps some rather weak founding fathers could have additional perk that they decrease the cost of these repeatable uses similar how there is that one founding father (forgive me i forgot the name) that decreases hiring cost from europe.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
To your feedback:

Thanks, it is always nice to hear positive feedback. :hug:
Positive confirmation is always very valuable in stressful times.

----

To the concept itself:

Actually sounds quite interesting. :think:
(It is one of the most interesting I have heard in recent years.)

There is lots of strategic choices in there and I personally like stuff like that. :)
(You would / could always chose to save for a FF or invest it for another boost that you might want more.)

But it also sounds like lots of effort to implement this quite big concept that somebody needs to be motivated to invest. :dunno:
(At least something like 120 hours of modding for an experienced modder, much more if you first need to figure out how stuff works.)

So if there is somebody interested to give it a try, go ahead. I would like to see this implemented. :thumbsup:
(But my own todo-list is full for the next years with topics much more interesting to me personally.)

----

See, it is simply the problem:
Who is going to implement it?

----

Summary:
Nice well thought concept that I really like that would add lots of strategic choices.
Just do not know if we find somebody motivated to implement it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom