1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Vicevirtuoso

Vicevirtuoso The Modetta Man

Is this on top of the Judiciary Court's +1 per Era effect? If so, that's going to nearly double the number of Magistrates earned, which may end up taking a lot of the Decision-making out of Decisions. Also, I'd still like to have Promote the Arts and Enlist the Services of a Great Person (forgot the exact name) have a chance to spawn UU GPs, just at a much lower chance. 5% sounds reasonable. It's not unprecedented, considering that Civs can gain UU GPs from the Patronage finisher without a single mod active.

Now, I don't want to just complain, so I want to say: excellent work on this mod! I'm about halfway towards getting support patched in for all 25 of my Civs and it's allowed me to open up a whole realm of possibilities for them.

2. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'm bumping my previous bug report because I think it got lost in the hoopla of the General Release [party] post that immediately followed it.

3. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Quite a few mods, so it could be a lot of things. I'm not using Historical Start Dates, however.

My mod list, outside of civilizations (of which there are many), is not changed too much from this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13413010&postcount=72

Just Historical Religions Complete instead of the old ones, DJSHenniger's Resource Buildings, and the Civ IV Traits mod are new. Would any of those mods be suspect with this?

4. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

I feel like I get UU GPs more often than not honestly, and that it ought to be specifically the regular GPs listed with a smaller chance for uniques.

5. Scott7891

Scott7891 Chieftain

How do you install this mod? All the files you get it is overwhelming trying to get them in the right spot.

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

This mod is an excellent addition to Civ 5.

I'm currently putting the random events side of things into my Anno Domini mod and using my limited ability of lua to get some slightly different events that fit with the mod itself. One quick question, as I'm planning to extend the options that can be selected from, does the bit of code below choose a random number between 1 and 19, then select whichever number event that is in the CoreEvents.lua file? I'm just asking so that I know whether or not to increase that number if I add some new ones to the list ;).

Code:
    	-----------------------------------------------------------
    	--Random Events
    	-----------------------------------------------------------
    	if g_RandomEvents_Enabled then
    		local iCurrentLevel = load(pPlayer, "iCurrentLevel")
    		if iCurrentLevel == nil then
    			save(pPlayer, "iCurrentLevel", GetRandom(1, 19))
    			return
    		end

7. Gp_123

Gp_123 Chieftain

Having a CTD with the comet event
    i think it may be because of whoward dll because i played a game before and didnt suffer a ctd

8. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Is the "Download" link broken? I don't get a URL when hovering over it, and right-clicking doesn't give the option to open it in a new tab.

9. hokath

hokath King

Yeah you have to be careful not to allow too many magistrates, otherwise why bother having them at all?

If you ask me, I would just remove the judiciary court. It's an unnecessary addition to the early game and it would feel cleaner without it.

10. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

I have to also disagree with adding more Magistrates.

They should be rare, and you shouldn't be able to choose even most of the decisions you want.

This may sound frustrating, but a) it keeps the decisions feeling like decisions and not just extra abilities you can buy (you have to actively choose which ones to get instead of being potentially able to buy most of them), and b) helps to keep the mod balanced as currently it already is stacking a lot of extra abilities on top of the default game.

I wouldn't raise the Magistrate amount.

11. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

This bit is actually explained in the bit that tells you how the Random Events system works:

Spoiler :
    Each player has a “Random Event Level”, on every turn, a random number between 0 and 19 is added to this tally unless the tally already exceeds the "Average number of turns between events" * 10, which is 250 (25 turns between events) by default (this number changes according to game speed). If the number already exceeds 250, for events where the CanFunc == nil OR returns true, the event is entered into a pool the same number of times as specified by the weight. A single event is drawn from that pool and that decision is triggered. In other words, the whole thing is basically a Lucky Draw.

I'll consider restoring the Magistrate amount back down to what it was earlier after a bit more feedback.

12. SleestakJones

SleestakJones Chieftain

Just downloaded your mod (Looks fantastic!), and EUI. I can see in the resource panel that I have magistrates, I get random events, and All the buildings are in the tech tree/ Civapedia. However I do not have an icon that takes me to the enact screen in the top right bar. all I get at the begging of the game is the diplomacy icon in the top right.

Is there something I must enable or move in order to access the enact feature with EUI?

13. sukritact

Have you disabled EUI's top panel? It may be in a drop down menu as opposed to its own separate icon if you have.

14. Semprini02

Semprini02 Chieftain

Loving the concept of this mod, really promising. I've encountered a bug however; an event with nothing clickable on it, I couldn't continue the game. Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler :

15. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

I thought after posting that it might be to do that, though I hadn't fathomed out until you posted this how the individual events got chosen - which means if I follow the pattern, it'll work. Thanks a lot!

Also, welcome to Civfanatics Semprini02!

16. hokath

hokath King

Another bug:
    I got the 'foolish diplomat' event and chose 'we were planning on conquering them anyway'. I lost influence but didn't gain the free unit.

17. morlund69

morlund69 Chieftain

I have this same bug. I absolutely adore this mod otherwise. :)

18. Fallen_Kings

Fallen_Kings Chieftain

Excellent work!

This mod is exactly what I want and works quite well with my MicroWorld mod.I'm going to put this mechanic into my Mod and add in my own events and decisions.

:) Thanks!

19. sukritact

New update; I should have fixed these errors in addition to eliminating an issue with the Religious Festivals (and variants) Decision causing the game to CTD.

20. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Mark me down as another vote for not increasing the number of Magistrates, fwiw. I agree with the sentiment that if too many are available it will cheapen the feeling of decisions, making them feel less like actual decisions.