Sukritact's Events and Decisions

i agree. keep the number as is, which i think may even be too many. i played a game as germany today and it was a lot of fun and the events and decisions really added a lot to the game. but i enjoyed having to weigh different options rather than simply enable anything that was there.

2 more things:

1) i really love this whole idea and execution. it is elegant and simple, but with a noticeable impact on gameplay.

2) my only criticism, if you can call it that, is that i would love to have an index of all possible decisions for all standard nations/religions. i'm just curious what's available, and rather than having to boot up each civ to see (which is what im doing right now haha), it would be nice to simply read a list of them all. if that exists and ive missed it, please direct me! haha. otherwise, it might be a useful pedia entry

Haven't DL'd latest version yet, but was not seeing text for 'turn this nobleman away, we don't need him stinking up the court' choice on the relevant event.

Hello! Wanted to say that I love this mod and make a suggestion for a new decision.
It may be good as a generic decision for all civilization, since historically a lot of them did this, and it is moving the capital to another city (maybe the largest one ?).
It could be a costly decision, doable once for era or 2-3 times in a game, avaible only when in peace.
I think should be doable, because of this mod
Thank you for this awesome mod.

2) my only criticism, if you can call it that, is that i would love to have an index of all possible decisions for all standard nations/religions. i'm just curious what's available, and rather than having to boot up each civ to see (which is what im doing right now haha), it would be nice to simply read a list of them all. if that exists and ive missed it, please direct me! haha. otherwise, it might be a useful pedia entry

The easiest equivalent would probably be just opening the text file and reading them all from there.

Decisions Mod Folder/Core/Decisions/Civ Decisions/Civ Decisions EN US.xml

I'm also voting for keeping the magistrates where they are. I've been playing with this a lot, and I think it's perfectly balanced, in that respect, as is.

I'm also suggesting that the decision to generate a great person not be enabled until the medieval period. It can be too powerful that early in the game. Someone getting a great engineer can too easily mess with any early wonder race, and getting a great scientist essentially gives you half of Babylon's UA.

I'm just going to edit that in my local lua file so I can play that way, but I figured that I'd mention it here in case anybody agrees.

I loved the idea for the mod, and it seems as just another layer of perfection for my heavily modded civ 5 game.

However, when I got to the first event, I clicked it and then the game crashed to desktop. Do you have any idea what would cause that?

Does this game change DLL, in terms of polices and Religion? Because I want to use this mode with Community Patch Project.

E&D updated! Magistrate levels have been lowered back to before (Palace no longer gives +1 per era).

For modders: Events now support monitor functions; though they are tied to specific Outcomes rather than the Event itself, unlike their Decision counterparts.

I'm just going to edit that in my local lua file so I can play that way, but I figured that I'd mention it here in case anybody agrees.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for mentioning that here because I feel the same way (absolutely love everything else about the mod). I'm certainly going to implement this for my own use too.

I'm also suggesting that the decision to generate a great person not be enabled until the medieval period. It can be too powerful that early in the game. Someone getting a great engineer can too easily mess with any early wonder race, and getting a great scientist essentially gives you half of Babylon's UA.

I wish this would be a thing too; sometimes when I play with E&D someone gets a Great Artist in the Ancient era and become influential with everyone they meet before they get a chance to combat it...

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Well done, sukritact. You broke Google.

Having the same issue here as OpenWorldAddict. The game crashes to desktop as soon as I make a decision on the first event. Other mods are Gedemon's Revolutions, Cultural Diffusion, Advanced Set up, Culturally linked starting locations.

Hey,sukritact:)

Inspired by and based on your work,I'm working on an event-decision-civic-policy structure that combines policy in civ5,civics in c4 and government and decisions in victoria 2 together.Here is my design:

Policies are redesigned as "Social Science" that unlock units,buildings and wonders as technologies,provide buffs as original policy and allow decisions to be made and civics to switch from.

There are two types of decisions:a "positive" decision can be activated by players at any time as long as the conditions are met;a "passive" decision is the "responses" to a related event,which means you cannot activated it until the event happens.Some decisions will simply provide a one-off reward,others will have a long-term impact.Many decisions will change your civics and you can deactivated them by switching to other civics or simply turn them off.

Civics,like it does in Civ4,are devided into different aspects:Government,Economy,Labor,Military,
Thought and so on.There can only be one civic in each aspect at a time and all civics have both advantages and disadvantages,and none of them can suit all situations.

Magistrate is renamed as "Reform Point".Most of the decisions will consume it to activate/deactivate.Players receive RP when they advance to a new era,adopt a policy or conduct a revolution(a special decision that causes temperate anarchy).

I have no problem in coding but I need some advices(eg.What decisions and civics exactly should be added in and what are their effect? ).As you have made such an excellent work I think you may have some great ideas.

Hey,sukritact:)
I have no problem in coding but I need some advices(eg.What decisions and civics exactly should be added in and what are their effect? ).As you have made such an excellent work I think you may have some great ideas.

Sry that i am not sukritact:lol: but i remembered C2C Civics from Civ4. So here are some examples:

You can split Civics like this:
Government // Rule // Power // Society // Economy // Military // Religion // Health** // Immigration**//Education// Agriculture // Language // Currency // Labor // Welfare

*If you plan to include Ηealth and Plague Mod
**If you plan to include Emigration Mod

Each Civic will have negative and positive results

For Government Branch you can have
Chiefdom
Despotism
Monarchy
Republic
Theocracy
Democracy
Totalitarianism
Technocracy

For Despotism you can have: +15% Military Production // + 5% Construction // - Allows the construction of Royal Tomb)

You can also make some buildings Obsolete or Enable them by selecting a Civic
You can add bonus to Improvements and resources for a specific Civic
Civ4 also have Maintenance Costs for Palace/Cities/Armies...also War Unhappiness, i don't know if you can add them here.

For Rule Branch
Obedience
City States
Magistrates
Meritocracy
Bureaucracy
Vassalage
Confederacy
Federal
Martial Law
Mind Control ?
etc

Can you please upload the mod to Civfanatics, the Workshop, Mediafire, MEGA, or basically anywhere else but Google Drive? The download limits on the file are going to prevent a lot of people from being able to obtain the latest version.

Can you please upload the mod to Civfanatics, the Workshop, Mediafire, MEGA, or basically anywhere else but Google Drive? The download limits on the file are going to prevent a lot of people from being able to obtain the latest version.

Done.

Top Bottom