Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Why are St. Mark's Basilica and Santa Maria del Fiore treated as World Wonders and all the other unique wonders like Theodosian Walls or Ishtar Gate are treated as NWs? It this temporary?

Why are St. Mark's Basilica and Santa Maria del Fiore treated as World Wonders and all the other unique wonders like Theodosian Walls or Ishtar Gate are treated as NWs? It this temporary?

It's because those two were easy to find splash screens for :p

I have had an increase in crashes as well...No clue what is causing it, since I had them every so often even before I installed the mod.
(is that different than a CTD? sorry for the newb-ness).

I had only Events and Decisions enabled and I crashed during the Ancient Era when I tried to exit to the main menu.

Edit: I can now confirm that the crashes that happen when loading a save in game and exiting to the main menu are caused by this mod alone. I have no idea why Events and Decisions would do this though.

So, we've established that buying the Great People Enacted Decision gets you a random great person, including UU Great Persons of other nations (with UU Great Generals being by far the most common I've seen).

Well, I got a Venetian Merchant (as Prussia) and, suddenly, I could no longer produce Settlers. I'm not sure whether it was upon acquiring the Venetian Merchant or using him. In any case, I didn't notice it for awhile because I wasn't building settlers at the time (I think I had one in Queue that I forgot about).

So, we've established that buying the Great People Enacted Decision gets you a random great person, including UU Great Persons of other nations (with UU Great Generals being by far the most common I've seen).

Well, I got a Venetian Merchant (as Prussia) and, suddenly, I could no longer produce Settlers. I'm not sure whether it was upon acquiring the Venetian Merchant or using him. In any case, I didn't notice it for awhile because I wasn't building settlers at the time (I think I had one in Queue that I forgot about).

I wonder if this is something about the Venetian Merchant code? Looking at the Lua for the decision, all it does is make a table of every unit in the game that falls under the unitclass for great scientist, great engineer, great merchant, or great general, and picks one randomly. So it's certainly possible to get a unique version of one of those -- arguably, since they're all equally weighted, I'm guessing you're more likely to get a unique than a regular one, since there's more great person UUs than there are great person classes.

Given that you can potentially get a Merchant of Venice other ways (such as being gifted one from a city state), I wonder if this is an issue that crops up elsewhere? I can't see anything in the Decisions code that would trigger this...

All I can say, I've never got such an error; all MoVs I got worked, used them for trade missions and I could still build settlers. I'm going to see if it happens to me in my future games, but I doubt it, honestly.

IIRC, Sukritact wanted to limit this decision to only the vanilla Great People, without the civ-unique ones. Don't know if he still wants to make that change though.

Hey Sukritact, loving the MOD so far!!

Just wanted to point out (though I'm not even sure this is unintentional) that I got a merchant of Venice while playing as Japan after I enacted the 'Request the services of a Great Person'. While I was excited, don't know if it seems fair and is how you intended.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 386
Hey Sukritact, loving the MOD so far!!

Just wanted to point out (though I'm not even sure this is unintentional) that I got a merchant of Venice while playing as Japan after I enacted the 'Request the services of a Great Person'. While I was excited, don't know if it seems fair and is how you intended.

Thanks!

I think we mentioned it a while ago. It is a valid occurrence, because the Merchant of Venice has the Great Merchant unitclass.

IIRC, Sukritact wanted to limit this decision to only the vanilla Great People, without the civ-unique ones. Don't know if he still wants to make that change though.

I'd say keep it in, but make it a more rare occurrence to receive a unique GP. Perhaps a 10% chance to get a UU GP? 5%?

For the Event "A Destitute Noble arrives at the Court," the mouse over for the first option to turn him away gives me "TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_DESTITUTE_NOBLE_OUTCOME_RESULT_1"

I think it's safe to move from beta to a general release.

I've added a few more Random Events to the game, The Judiciary court is no longer purchasable; the Great People decisions will now only provide GPs you normally have access to (So no more Russian/German/Chinese Merchants of Venice). The Palace now also provides +1 Magistrate per era.

Thank you for all the work you put into this mod!

So it doesn't crash anymore?

I'm not getting any enact decisions in the dropdown menu. Would something conflict with this mod?

All I'm seeing is "Events and Decisions (v 1)\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'SetValue' (Must be of type boolean, nil, number, or string)". Quite often.

Also somewhat related since Sukritact coded More Civs' Mexico, this keeps showing up, too: "Mexican Civilization (v 3)\Lua/MexicoScripts.lua:41: attempt to index local 'garrisonedUnit' (a nil value)"

Bug report:
I enacted Appoint the Shogun and he and his two samurai showed up in a different capital! It was the last person I had declared friendship with (Carthage), if that helps.

All I'm seeing is "Events and Decisions (v 1)\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'SetValue' (Must be of type boolean, nil, number, or string)". Quite often.

Also somewhat related since Sukritact coded More Civs' Mexico, this keeps showing up, too: "Mexican Civilization (v 3)\Lua/MexicoScripts.lua:41: attempt to index local 'garrisonedUnit' (a nil value)"
It may be a conflict between this mod and another. Are you using any other mods? Gedemon's Historical starting dates breaks the mod for sure.

Bug report:
I enacted Appoint the Shogun and he and his two samurai showed up in a different capital! It was the last person I had declared friendship with (Carthage), if that helps.

I'll take a look.

Top Bottom