Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Soylentblue's suggestion worked.

Sorry if I caused any hassle.

As an FYI, I've added a Sukritact's in front of the name, so it will have moved down from its old position with the mods that start with E.

You keep saying this, but unless I'm doing something wrong, my download isn't self-extracting. I have to manually unpack the zip file and, therefore, can name the folder whatever I want. Am I missing a self-extracting version or something?

EDIT: Scratch that. I named the file "Events and Decisions" in the MODS folder, but it shows up as "Sukritact's Events and Decisions" in the ingame Mod menu.

You keep saying this, but unless I'm doing something wrong, my download isn't self-extracting. I have to manually unpack the zip file and, therefore, can name the folder whatever I want. Am I missing a self-extracting version or something?

EDIT: Scratch that. I named the file "Events and Decisions" in the MODS folder, but it shows up as "Sukritact's Events and Decisions" in the ingame Mod menu.
Well, yes. They upload is a non-self-extracting zip file....

The mod name is defined by the modinfo file in the folder, not the folder name itself.

I'm getting a bug with the new version where I try loading a saved game and I get greeted with a large blank event box with a comet. No text, no options, can't do anything. I don't know what logs to post or if it'll even be an issue in other games yet.

I'm getting a bug with the new version where I try loading a saved game and I get greeted with a large blank event box with a comet. No text, no options, can't do anything. I don't know what logs to post or if it'll even be an issue in other games yet.

yup i get that too... you can get around it by quicksaving and then loading your save while on that screen... youll get a bunch of extra magistrates sometimes

Updated to the new version, still have the problem with civ-specific decisions. They just don't show up. Am I the only one who has this problem?

yup i get that too... you can get around it by quicksaving and then loading your save while on that screen... youll get a bunch of extra magistrates sometimes

Well that's not working for me since I use the community patch and DLL mods don't like loading games in-game. Going to have to roll back to an older version, because I'll take crashes every now and then over not being able to continue games.

If you're having bugs, please post your mod list and logs.

Well that's not working for me since I use the community patch and DLL mods don't like loading games in-game. Going to have to roll back to an older version, because I'll take crashes every now and then over not being able to continue games.

They added in-game loading back into the CPP.

whats the community patch? the balance mod? not sure ive tried that one

Has anyone had any problems getting events to work for this version? Everytime I mess with my mods I get events for the first game, then any new games I start don't get them at all. Does what you set the turns between events affect how they work? I set mine to 15.

I'll see if I can get the logs from a new game if events don't appear for me again.

EDIT: Okay I did finally get some events (Great job on the pics btw, as well as the new ones). I noticed though the only thing tht was different was instead of playing with 34 civs, I was playing 12 for the test. So does the number of active civs affect the events?

EDIT 2: Nevermind again, seems its working. I can never tell why this mod decides to work only sometimes.

Okay, I was reading right now MPMPM thread and I saw that this mod causes desync after the first decision is taken. I'm wondering if this would work in a Multiplayer Game if you use it with only the Events enabled.

Thanks!

Has anyone had any problems getting events to work for this version? Everytime I mess with my mods I get events for the first game, then any new games I start don't get them at all. Does what you set the turns between events affect how they work? I set mine to 15.

I'll see if I can get the logs from a new game if events don't appear for me again.

EDIT: Okay I did finally get some events (Great job on the pics btw, as well as the new ones). I noticed though the only thing tht was different was instead of playing with 34 civs, I was playing 12 for the test. So does the number of active civs affect the events?

EDIT 2: Nevermind again, seems its working. I can never tell why this mod decides to work only sometimes.

Time between events is random; the setting is the mean time between events; but the time between actual events can still vary greatly.

Turns out the "comet bug" is caused by a mod conflict between Events and Decisions and a terrain mod installed in the core DLC folder. I don't know the exact name of the mod, only that its folder is called "MP_MODSPACK".
What logs should I post?
EDIT: Getting comet bug again, even though I removed the mod I thought was offending. I have the Enlightenment Era mod, all of JFD's civs, and Events and Decisions. Odd.
EDIT2: Tried disabling Events and Decisions. Everything got screwed up. I got the comic bug again, and Lenin's war music was playing.

I got the comet bug running nothing but the core game and E&D v2

edit: Actually I only have gotten the comet bug once and doing a quick save then loading the quick save seemed to clear the notification out.

I've just uploaded another version that should allow you to help. Please redownload and enable logging (here's how). If you experience any crashes that are probably related to Events and Decisions, please post your Lua log here. Hopefully this will help us pinpoint where exactly in the code the mod is crashing.

Thanks for your support!

I am playing with mac, a map script, 6 player, standard pace, only one mod usually. I experience crash after an event occur. Decision panel is great and never bothers the game.

One time after the game crash it deletes the other existing mods and only one mod is left.

Can you explain this to me? thanks

Heavily inspired by the mechanics of the same names in Europa Universalis IV; Events and Decisions is a mod and framework that hopes to inject a bit more historical flavor into the game, and to allow other mod creators to do the same. Events and Decisions is supported by the majority of modded civs and custom mechanics.

Download | Wikia

E&D Updated, Changelog:
  • Reverted to NewSaveUtils as the default saving mechanism
  • Added option to switch between TSL and NSU
  • Removed print statement from PlotIterators.lua
  • New "Cultural Development" event
Delete the previous version of this mod (if one exists) before installing.

Given that a fair number of people seem to be having issues with TSL, and the issues are much more game breaking than the occasional crash, I've revered to NSU as the default save mechanic. Players who have had no problem with TSL and would rather stick to it may change the settings in the options file.
Changing this WILL BREAK saves that were made with a different save mechanic. Choose one method of saving and stick to it!

The Cultural Development is a small flavor event.

To add support:

Code:
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Events_CulturalDevelopments
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Events_CulturalDevelopments
------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS 
Events_CulturalDevelopments(
	CivilizationType		text  REFERENCES Civilizations(Type)	default null,
	CultureType				text									default null,
	Description				text									default null);

INSERT INTO Events_CulturalDevelopments 
		(Description,									CivilizationType,					CultureType)
VALUES	('TXT_KEY_EVENT_CULDEV_POLAND_01',				'CIVILIZATION_POLAND',				'JFD_Eastern');
-- Language_en_US
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Language_en_US (Tag, Text)
VALUES
	(
		'TXT_KEY_EVENT_CULDEV_POLAND_01',
		'Culinary masters in {1_City} have developed an extraordinary new dish comprised of thinly-chopped potatoes fried in great vats of oil. For some reason, they have termed this wondrous invention the French Fry.'
	);
CivilizationType takes precedence over CultureType; where no used caption from either matching category is available it draws from a pool of generic captions. You may leave either CivilizationType and CultureType blank to limit to that particular civ or culture type. Leaving both blank adds a generic caption, and as visible in Poland's event, the CultureType does not necessarily have to match the civ's CultureType (cause Russian Vodka makes more sense than Austrian Vodka)
JFD's Cultural Diversity is required for captions via CultureType to function for vanilla civs.
Captions MUST have a "{1_City}" to specify where the development has occurred.

A number of JFD's Civs and all of Tomatekh's civs already have support.

Top Bottom