1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Ymir9

Ymir9 Warlord

Hello, Hello.

Not certain if this is a bug, but I thought I'd like to report it anyway.

In CoreDecisions.sql, line 82:
    Code:
    VALUES		('BUILDING_DECISIONS_WEIGHTSFORMAL', 			'BUILDINGCLASS_FACTORY',	'YIELD_PRODUCTION', 	1);
    Shouldn't 'BUILDING_DECISIONS_WEIGHTSFORMAL' be 'BUILDING_DECISIONS_NATIONALISEUTILITIES' instead?

On a related note I would strongly recommend either buffing the Nationalize Utilities decision or significantly reducing its cost as the 5+ turns of lost capital yields is usually worth much, much more than any of the current benefits for the decision.

Cheers!

2. SonofaRose

SonofaRose Protektor of Fatherländ

I'm basically in the same boat right now, I say basically, cause there has so far been two civs which have always functioned for me, E&D and all! Germany from the vanilla game and JFD's Napoleonic France(it's awesome btw) But others don't seem to work for me either..

3. Cocsam

Cocsam Chieftain

Well I tried playing as Germany today after seeing your post but it doesn't work for me either.

4. Popedesu

Popedesu Chieftain

Crashes randomly with random events on mac 10.10, newest version of civ on steam. The only mod I have was the enhanced user interface.

5. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

First issue with E&D ever for me. Just loaded a save twice, both times got the death of a great artist event and crashed when picking the gold for culture option both times.

Attached Files:

• logs.7z
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
  6. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

what is the installation process ?

7. TLhikan

TLhikan Chieftain

Download the file, unzip with 7-zip (it's free and super helpful), go to documents-my games- Sid Meier's Civilization 5-mods and put the unzipped folder in there.

8. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

Mine down not download as a zip file ?

9. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

You can probably still open it with 7-zip.

10. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Heavily inspired by the mechanics of the same names in Europa Universalis IV; Events and Decisions is a mod and framework that hopes to inject a bit more historical flavor into the game, and to allow other mod creators to do the same. Events and Decisions is supported by the majority of modded civs and custom mechanics.

Download | Wikia

E&D Updated, Changelog:
    • Mod renamed "Sukritact's Events and Decisions"
    • Main system migrated to Table Saver Loader
    • Event Image Support Added
    • Images added for the majority of random events
    • German Decisions reworked
    • New Events; Rebel Uprising, Exceptional Advisors, Corruption and Assassinated Official
    • Multiple minor changes/bug fixes

Hopefully the mod will be more stable now that it relies on Table Saver Loader for the main save/load system. The old save/load functions have been hooked up to TSL, so modders don't need to worry about support.

Events now support images. To add an event image, simply add an EventImage entry, for example:

Code:
    local Event_ExceptionalAdvisors = {}
    	Event_ExceptionalAdvisors.Name = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_EXCEPTIONALADVISORS"
    	Event_ExceptionalAdvisors.Desc = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_EXCEPTIONALADVISORS_DESC"

Event_ExceptionalAdvisors.EventImage = "Event_Parliament.dds"
    	Event_ExceptionalAdvisors.Weight = 5

11. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

12. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Chieftain

Mere words cannot express the pure happy state I am in!!!! :D

13. Soylentblue

Soylentblue Chieftain

I just downloaded and installed. First problems I have ever had with this mod loading. Never had any luck getting any National Events for any Civ other than Poland. First off an error message came up stating "failed to load comet.dds" then where the begin should come up a greyed out event and decision screen came up with a red box right in the middle.

Could not get a screen shot of it.

I will try again.

Edit. 2nd Try.

Mod is no longer in the Mods list to load.

Whats up?

14. Mmkay126

Mmkay126 Chieftain

I'm getting a similar problem. I'm using Revolutions as well as Saga of Man, & it seems that the cities in the Empire Stability screen don't show up. I really want to use these mods together :-(. Have anyone found a solution to this?

15. Mmkay126

Mmkay126 Chieftain

I'm getting a similar problem. I'm using Revolutions as well as Saga of Man, & it seems that the cities in the Empire Stability screen don't show up. I really want to use these mods together :-(. Have anyone found a solution to this?

16. Soylentblue

Soylentblue Chieftain

Looks like the mod was pulled from the Steam database. Can't try that version. The version you have for download here will not show up in the Mods list when self installed. At least for me.

17. sukritact

It was never in the Steam Workshop and will likely not be in the foreseeable future.

Do you have all the EXPs and DLC? What mods are you playing with, what game version do you have? Do you have logs?

18. Soylentblue

Soylentblue Chieftain

"Do you have all the EXPs and DLC? "

All of them except the map expansions. The Mod worked before but now, like I said, It does not even show up in the available mods to load.

Which log(s) would you want?

19. sukritact

Lua and database.

As an FYI, I've added a Sukritact's in front of the name, so it will have moved down from its old position with the mods that start with E.

20. Soylentblue

Soylentblue Chieftain

Ok starting fresh. Cleared my cache so there were no Mods active. Launced Civ V. Have all the DLC Civs installed. Version of Civ V is 1.03.279 I do believe that is up to date?

Copied unzipped folder into the Mods folder. It does not show up in the Mods available to activate.

I have no clue.