Sukritact's Events and Decisions

An amazing mod, however for me it crashes constantly, usually whenever I click like the "accept" button of a decision. For example the Hebset festival, while playing as Djoser I click the "5 days of we love the King in all cities" then the game crashes. Hopefully you can help me with this because I really like playing with this mod enabled . (I had to put both logs in a .rar, since for some reason I't wouldn't allow me to upload the notepad documents, sorry.)

E&D isn't printing any errors, but you probably should update CP for Norway and Carthage.

I love this mod, but i have some problems with it. The Civ specific decisions come out like this: TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_BABYLONGATES.
The decisions where it adds a modded building like: Babylon gates or byzantium walls doesn't show up in the city, and i doesn't get the benefits from them.
However the Aztec royal army decision give me the 30 xp to the jaguars.
Also i Use the JFD byzantium mod, while playing as Theodora and the decision he made where the city with palace get 15% more tourism seem to work and isn't worded like TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_BABYLONGATES, but just 'Renovate the Capital'.
I can't really figure out what the problem(s) is. I have attached the lua logs which is part of E&D i can upload all of the logs if needed.

Looks like a mod conflict. Dunno with what.

Thank you, i will try to find out, which of my mods is making this issue :)
I have tested with the mods i use, it seems to be fixed. Can it be because i might have loaded Cultural Diversity or Civ IV Traits before E&D?

Hey do you plan on making Ideology only events and decitions? This would be a neat late game feature if you're interested :)

Hey do you plan on making Ideology only events and decitions? This would be a neat late game feature if you're interested :)

JFD's added some here, although they're of varying quality.

The Autocracy one would be okay if it could be used at will - but I'm pretty sure it's a one off

Natan's complained about the Order one before, and he did actually give reasoning.

Can't recall the Freedom one - maybe it is amazing...

Hey I'm having some trouble with this mod. Some civilizations simply don't show the specific events while some others do. I played as Victor Emmanuel and I captured four city states and I couldn't form Italian nation. As much as I played as Gian Galeazzo and couldn't perform specific decisions. I don't know which files I have to send here I don't quite understand .lua and this sort of things but as soon as you tell me which files I gotta send I will do that. Would you help a little noob? Hahahahahaha

That's the CBP, with the installer. You only need the CP, which is 30MB and makes only improvements to the AI and expands upon tools for modders. You only need to download (1) Community Patch.zip.

Noob question: Is it safe to say this mod will now be compatible with CBP in terms of balancing?

I'd say so. CBP is pretty comprehensive.

I tried E&D on short game and it's really fun to take decisions for his civilisation ^^
Sukritact you have already made a great work on this project and I hope you will continue to work on it.

Despite that, I need your help to start debugging a conflict with another mod:

I use :
Spoiler :

Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v 5)
Cultural Diffusion (v 18)
Revolutions (v 9)

This three mods work together but with E&D the mod "Revolutions" seems to have probems to load. (log file line 1206)
And the file Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua seems to have a problem with the parameter value on line 32. (log file line 1205)

Separatly E&D and this pack of mods are working well.

Do you have any idea what is going on and how I can fix that ?

Thank's in advance for your help !

Attachments

• Lua_log.txt
    258 KB · Views: 54
I've tried the E&D mod a handful of times and I like it. However, I believe I only used it on another PC.

Now I've switched to a new PC and can't find the mod in game. I searched but didn't find it on Steam. I've downloaded the file but now I don't remember in what folder to save the file.

Can someone please advise me?

I've tried the E&D mod a handful of times and I like it. However, I believe I only used it on another PC.

Now I've switched to a new PC and can't find the mod in game. I searched but didn't find it on Steam. I've downloaded the file but now I don't remember in what folder to save the file.

Can someone please advise me?

C:\Users\PCNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Heavily inspired by the mechanics of the same names in Europa Universalis IV; Events and Decisions is a mod and framework that hopes to inject a bit more historical flavor into the game, and to allow other mod creators to do the same. Events and Decisions is supported by the majority of modded civs and custom mechanics.

Download | Wikia

Events and Decisions Updated:
  1. The "New Decisions Available" notification now tells you what decisions are available
  2. Added fonticons for events and decisions

If you use CiD, please wait until JFD updates CiD to support this latest version.

Events and Decisions Updated:
  1. The "New Decisions Available" notification now tells you what decisions are available
    [/LIST

1. Oh, this is a nice addition. :)

I have experienced a similar problem to KondGame here:
Hey I'm having some trouble with this mod. Some civilizations simply don't show the specific events while some others do. I played as Victor Emmanuel and I captured four city states and I couldn't form Italian nation. As much as I played as Gian Galeazzo and couldn't perform specific decisions. I don't know which files I have to send here I don't quite understand .lua and this sort of things but as soon as you tell me which files I gotta send I will do that. Would you help a little noob? Hahahahahaha

I was playing as JFD's Muskovy and none of the civ-specific decisions appeared, though the generic decisions worked fine and events were appearing. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced something similar.

This issue will be cause by a mod incompatibility, but not between E&D and Muscovy. If you can pop over to my thread with your Database log, I may be able to help figure it out. Although one questions stands out: Are you using Cultural Diversity?

Top Bottom