Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Seems E&D isn't compatible with the Mercenary mod. Are there being worked on making the two compatible, or have the developers no interest in that whatsoever? There seems to be no way to access the mercenary screen..

Seems E&D isn't compatible with the Mercenary mod. Are there being worked on making the two compatible, or have the developers no interest in that whatsoever? There seems to be no way to access the mercenary screen..

They're perfectly compatible... Have you researched Mercenary Contracts? Is the button available on Additional Information?

JFD: I have tried a number of mod-combinations and found out what went wrong (I think). You are correct, I was using Cultural Diversity and that broke it. However, I was also using the Papal States civilisation which also seemed to stop the decisions from appearing.

They're perfectly compatible... Have you researched Mercenary Contracts? Is the button available on Additional Information?
Oh, that's no error! I left a game where I used the Mercenary mod. I then activated the E&D mod and didn't notice the Mercenary wasn't activated (for some reason or another).

Dear Sukritact!

May I ask what happened with the Initiate Tax Reforms decision? I'm assuming it got replaced by the Levy War Taxes decision? (which is perfectly fine, I'm just curious)

Thank you for the wonderful mod!

Dear Sukritact!

May I ask what happened with the Initiate Tax Reforms decision? I'm assuming it got replaced by the Levy War Taxes decision? (which is perfectly fine, I'm just curious)

Ask JFD; his mods change a a good number of mods. Initiate Tax Reforms is still available in base E&D

MINOR BUG: I can't vouch for all religions since I always take Tengriism, but when the religion-specific Decisions (Sacrifice to Yobb Seb Yer-Sub and . . . the other one Compile the Irk Bitig) are available, the Tool Tip on the pop-up has the old "TXT_KEY..." error. Do you need logs or a screenshot or anything?

Dear Sukritact!

I change it with CID, as I felt the original was never worth the Culture. So I bumped up the Gold reward, and restricted it to war time for flavour and balance.

I've been trying to incorporate my own art into the mod (or my version of it ;)) but without success - there's a blank space where the art should be (i.e. the window is taller, giving space for art but none appears). I've made the art 150 pixels high and 450 pixels wide (as per Jan's art) and have tried a couple of different compressions in dds format (BC2/DXT3 and BC3/DXT 5), both in RGBA8 format. Of course, I've set VFS=true in case anyone was wondering.

Could you shed some light on the correct dds set-up for these pictures please?

I've been having issues with Civ V recently. Once I get to turn 70-200ish and try to reload my saves I can't. I can't even get past the loading screen. I'm suspecting it's E&D, as that's what it was earlier that was causing the crashes, but I'm not certain now that it's been updated. If someone could take a look at these logs and help me out I would be eternally grateful. I've been pulling my hair out on this for over a month now. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it would be huge for me if someone would take the time and help me out. E&D, Mercenaries, and the Enlightenment Era are some of my all time favorite mods. I wouldn't want to play without them. I'm seriously desperate for help.

Mods List
E&D
Mercenaries
Enlightenment Era
Longer City/Unit/Religion Name
More Goody Hut
Colored Religions
Submarines Ignore Borders
Conquest For Unique Unit
Conquest For Unique Building
England-Toft Flags
Really Advanced Setup
Civ Names by Policies
Religion- Improved Customization
Less Warmonger Hate (BNW)
Civ 5 Improvements Patch
Resource-Granary Includes Bison
Barbarians- Unlimited EXP
Contextual Unit Names- UI
Contextual Unit Names- Enemy Reconnaissance
Leaders Like War
RED Xtreme
Pantheon Wonder
Lumber Mills on Jungle
Civilization 5 Diplomacy Values
Faster Plot Expansion
Barbarian Immersion Enhancements
Artificial Intelligence
Terrain-Pontoon Bridge
Units at Half Cost
Buildings at Half Cost
Trading Posts Grow Into towns
RED modpack
Titans of Commerce, science, and industry
3 units per tile
Separate Great People Counters (BNW)
Info Addict
Town Square
Slower Science Longer Eras
Resource- Mint Includes Copper
Faster Aircraft Animations
Units- No Futuristic Units
Emigration
Capture+
Stronger Guided Missile
Scouts Ignore Borders
Fortress Borders

Attachments

• xml-Peters21.rar
    8.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Lua - Peters21.rar
    219 bytes · Views: 47
  • Database-Peters21.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 31
I've been having issues with Civ V recently. Once I get to turn 70-200ish and try to reload my saves I can't. I can't even get past the loading screen. I'm suspecting it's E&D, as that's what it was earlier that was causing the crashes, but I'm not certain now that it's been updated. If someone could take a look at these logs and help me out I would be eternally grateful. I've been pulling my hair out on this for over a month now. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it would be huge for me if someone would take the time and help me out. E&D, Mercenaries, and the Enlightenment Era are some of my all time favorite mods. I wouldn't want to play without them. I'm seriously desperate for help.

Mods List
E&D
Mercenaries
Enlightenment Era
Longer City/Unit/Religion Name
More Goody Hut
Colored Religions
Submarines Ignore Borders
Conquest For Unique Unit
Conquest For Unique Building
England-Toft Flags
Really Advanced Setup
Civ Names by Policies
Religion- Improved Customization
Less Warmonger Hate (BNW)
Civ 5 Improvements Patch
Resource-Granary Includes Bison
Barbarians- Unlimited EXP
Contextual Unit Names- UI
Contextual Unit Names- Enemy Reconnaissance
Leaders Like War
RED Xtreme
Pantheon Wonder
Lumber Mills on Jungle
Civilization 5 Diplomacy Values
Faster Plot Expansion
Barbarian Immersion Enhancements
Artificial Intelligence
Terrain-Pontoon Bridge
Units at Half Cost
Buildings at Half Cost
Trading Posts Grow Into towns
RED modpack
Titans of Commerce, science, and industry
3 units per tile
Separate Great People Counters (BNW)
Info Addict
Town Square
Slower Science Longer Eras
Resource- Mint Includes Copper
Faster Aircraft Animations
Units- No Futuristic Units
Emigration
Capture+
Stronger Guided Missile
Scouts Ignore Borders
Fortress Borders

Is 3 units a tile a DLL mod? If so, It'll cause conflicts with Artificial Unintelligence.

Hey everyone. So, I kind of got into Civ V late, but I've seen this used by Marbozir in a lot of his videos and wanted to try it out. However I have a couple questions and a couple of problems. When I go to the mediafire link, it says that the file should be 4.41mb in size, however the file I downloaded is only 97kb. I've downloaded it 3 times to make sure, and every time it has always given me a 97kb file.

Also I've tried moving it to the Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS folder, but the game doesn't see it. I've tried deleting the Civ5ModsDatabase file in the cache folder. I've tried changing the extension to .7z and .zip and .rar as well but neither 7 Zip or WinRAR will open it. WinRAR tells me "No archives found" and 7 Zip tells me "Unsupported Command". Any help would be appreciated.

I feel like it should be apparent that I've done my homework before coming to the forums. Am I missing something? I'm at a loss at this point, so I figured I'd ask on the forums.

Hey everyone. So, I kind of got into Civ V late, but I've seen this used by Marbozir in a lot of his videos and wanted to try it out. However I have a couple questions and a couple of problems. When I go to the mediafire link, it says that the file should be 4.41mb in size, however the file I downloaded is only 97kb. I've downloaded it 3 times to make sure, and every time it has always given me a 97kb file.

Also I've tried moving it to the Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS folder, but the game doesn't see it. I've tried deleting the Civ5ModsDatabase file in the cache folder. I've tried changing the extension to .7z and .zip and .rar as well but neither 7 Zip or WinRAR will open it. WinRAR tells me "No archives found" and 7 Zip tells me "Unsupported Command". Any help would be appreciated.

I feel like it should be apparent that I've done my homework before coming to the forums. Am I missing something? I'm at a loss at this point, so I figured I'd ask on the forums.

Try saving the file using your browser, if you're otherwise using a downloader. I've found mediafire links don't download properly through third-party downloaders.

I've been trying to incorporate my own art into the mod (or my version of it ;)) but without success - there's a blank space where the art should be (i.e. the window is taller, giving space for art but none appears). I've made the art 150 pixels high and 450 pixels wide (as per Jan's art) and have tried a couple of different compressions in dds format (BC2/DXT3 and BC3/DXT 5), both in RGBA8 format. Of course, I've set VFS=true in case anyone was wondering.

Could you shed some light on the correct dds set-up for these pictures please?

Try using Whoward's DDS Converter and select 'Custom' for the image type. For whatever reason, converting images to DDS from GIMP or Photoshop just never works for me in-game.

Try saving the file using your browser, if you're otherwise using a downloader. I've found mediafire links don't download properly through third-party downloaders.

Thanks for the reply JFD. I was actually only using my browser to begin with. I have the latest version of Chrome. After that failed repeatedly I tried using Free Download Manager (FDM) but even that kept giving me a 97kb file. Same thing happens with Firefox. I kind of wonder if mediafire itself isn't screwed up. Is there an alternative link? A dropbox or something perhaps?

I hate mediafire to begin with. It bugs out and keeps refreshing when I click to download something. So I either have to right click and "Save link as..." or delete my cache/cookie settings for it to work properly. And even then it only works once before bugging out again.

P.S. - I was able to download it on my phone, still a 97kb file, 96.8kb to be exact. Maybe it's just me, but I think the mediafile upload is broken. O.o

Here - I've zipped up the mod and put it to my dropbox. See if that works for you.

Funny story. So I tried with Internet Explorer again, and I've tried before. I told it not to use FDM, but being dumb Internet Exploiter, it said "**** you!" and downloaded it using FDM anyways. But it actually downloaded correctly this time! Would have been nice if it worked correctly the first 50 times I've tried like a week ago though. >.<

Ofcourse then I come back to edit my reply and see yours. Thank you for that however, JFD.

If anyone else has trouble with the mediafire link I got it to work by:
  1. Downloading Free Download Manager
  2. Opening the link above with Internet Explorer
  3. I right clicked on the download button and selected "Save target as..."
Sometimes mediafire will bug out when you left click on the button, and instead of downloading it will just refresh the page. Doing this will avoid that.

Hopefully that will help anyone else who comes here for that very issue in the future incase you remove it from your DropBox. Thanks again though, JFD.

I'm not sure if this's the right thread, but I like to know how to code the Lua for a custom civ if I have a Decision to enact, which permanently produces +1 to every Yield except :c5food: Food every time the Decision is enacted. I've searched for such a function in the other civ's codes for, but couldn't locate anything that might be useful.

In case you don't really understand how I interpreted it:
Spoiler :

Requirement/Restrictions:
Player must be Saiyan Industries (Son-Gohan/SSJ-Gohan)
Must have built the "Alter Ego"-National Wonder in the :c5capital: capital
May only be enacted from the beginning of the Renaissance Era
May only be enacted once per era
Costs:
1 Magistrate
15% Energy (The same yield from VV's Planeptune)
Rewards:
Alter Ego yields +1 :c5science:, :c5production:, :c5gold:, :c5culture:, :c5faith: and :tourism:. This increases each time the decision was enacted.

Using community patch with auto installer enhanced user interface and Jfd core mod with rise to power
When I use event and decision game plays normal but technology tree only name and rest of the explanation is not there It is black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using community patch with auto installer enhanced user interface and Jfd core mod with rise to power
When I use event and decision game plays normal but technology tree only name and rest of the explanation is not there It is black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you using the latest RTP version and the latest CP beta (17/2)?

Also, please try to narrow down the mod causing the issue, rather than posting the same thing on many threads.

Top Bottom