1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by lincoln_lyf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

Free cultural and food-keeping buildings, that should be in all cities due to accepted social policies, seem not to appear in the annexed cities.

Is it a bug or a feature?

2. Kannloar

Kannloar Chieftain

Hi folks

I've the tech tree issue and the industrial era issue too.

I manage to finish my game thanks to the in game editor.

The tech tree is ok in the editor.
    And i give me the last industrial tech in the editor too. After that the tech dialog box was fixed. But i've to do the same for the IA. IA was stuck in industrail era too.

Bye

PS ; thanks for this amazing mod. I've a lot of fun playing it !

3. seanb1979

seanb1979 Chieftain

how are people playing this mod with zero luxury resources?

4. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

5. seanb1979

seanb1979 Chieftain

6. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle Chieftain

If there are no luxury resources, it's not this mod doing it.

7. bc1

bc1

In order to make your mod compatible with EUI, it seems there is only a need for:
    -- instruct users to remove CityView.lua, CityView.xml, CityView_small.xml and UnitPanel.lua files from your mod
    -- remove lines 2744 to 2776 from your CityView.lua, and add the following code to the end of NewCorruptionRule.lua:
    Code:
    GameEvents.CitySoldBuilding.Add(
    function( playerID, cityID, buildingTypeID )
        local player = Players[ playerID ]
        local city = player and player:GetCityByID( cityID )
        if city then
            if buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CITY_HALL_LV0
            or buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CITY_HALL_LV1
            or buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CITY_HALL_LV2
            or buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CITY_HALL_LV3
            or buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CITY_HALL_LV4
            then
                print("City Hall sold! Set Puppet!")
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CONSTABLE,0)
                city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CONSTABLE_I,0)
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION,0)
                city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION_I,0)
                city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION_II,0)
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_BARRACKS,0)
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_ARMORY,0)
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_ARSENAL,0)
    --            city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_MILITARY_BASE,0)
                city:SetPuppet(true)
                city:SetProductionAutomated(true)

--            if not player:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes.POLICY_TREATY_ORGANIZATION) then
                    city:ChangeResistanceTurns(city:GetPopulation()*0.5)
    --            end

--selling anti-corruption will disable its function

elseif buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CONSTABLE then
               city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_CONSTABLE_I,0)

elseif buildingTypeID == GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION then
               city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION_I,0)
               city:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_POLICE_STATION_II,0)
            end
        end
    end)
    Please note I have not tested any of this (time...) so it actually may not work as is :crazyeye:

Cheers

8. hafyboy

hafyboy Chieftain

I find the air units are soooo weak. I tried playing as america and made a bunch of stealth fighters to attack. But all it took was bunch of SAMs and poof, gone. and when they do land a hit, its barely any damage...

I understand sometimes its easy to make airpower OP, but given that a modern tank can easily destroy other units in one hit it seems very awkward to have extremely unreliable air units.....

9. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I beleive i can beat you :)

10. MegaDeth777

MegaDeth777 Chieftain

City States don't spawn at all.

Resources and goody huts also don't spawn, I can force resources with RA mod so it's fine. But not having an incentive to explore early is kind of a pain.

Only have this mod and really advanced running.

any ideas ?

11. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

You right.
    CityStates, ressources and ancient ruins are missing when this mod is loaded.
    But, it's said that the BNW version has to be 1.0.3.279
    Mine is .144
    Yours as well?

Does someone is able to confirm that running .279 makes it fine?

12. seanb1979

seanb1979 Chieftain

when i force resources with RA, only the parameters of putting them near the players works.. spreading random ones out around the world doesnt do anything.. except fish and atolls, for some reason, they work

13. mezzanine

mezzanine Chieftain

The main problem I have with this mod is that the overpowered trade routes. Even in early ages, you end up with over 5 trade routes with good returns and this makes economic management sooo easy. Coupled with the purchase costs of both units and buildings are also lowered in the mod, I end up buying everything I need without really losing time for producing. Once every possible buildings are bought and there are still so much gold to spend to, there is nothing to do but buy a lot of units and at the end I end up with huge armies, which create even more logistical headache than this mod tries to eliminate with 2 units per hex change.
    I play in marathon at emperor difficulty setting, so maybe this has something to do with this, but currently trade routes makes this game enormously easy.

14. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

How do you fix this via the editor? I looked through the thread and didn't see it.

15. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

Ok, I downloaded the IGE and learned the entire era. It seemed to fix it. Now, however, there is another problem. I cannot make workers or work boats.

I'm sorry if I come off as frustrated, but I've been a Civ player for years. Civ 5 seems to have more problem with the mods than any of the other versions. I haven't gotten a single modpack, for Civ 5, to work without issues. Using the IGE to fix an issue is frustrating because now, I'm WAAAY overpowered compared to the AI.

I appreciate the work that has been done with this but it's frustrating. Are there any total modpacks, similar to this or Call to Power (also broken) that doesn't have game halting issues with Civ 5?

It doesn't seem like any of them are "complete" compared to what was out for Civ III and IV this late past release.

16. Majyk

Majyk Chieftain

Same issue for missing resources and everything that isn't around a starting location for a Civ's first city AND upon getting the latest Research item to have it show up...

This with the CP/CBP et al. MODS, so there is something going around with these MODS, lately.

Confirmed others having the same problems, in this thread, too:

17. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

And now what ?

I can't play anymore without the "2upt feature" provided by SP Mod but this ver5.0 doesn't run as great as it looks and should. Don't you think?

One of the best CIV5 modpack needs a final 5.1 step i believe. :crazyeye:

We love you Lincoln

18. junsumoney

junsumoney Chieftain

Angkor Wat gives free Burial Tomb instead of free Temple to all cities. Is this intentional and the description for Angkor Wat is outdated?

19. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle Chieftain

Burial Tomb is the Egyptian's Temple.

20. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

I had found a workaround to the tech tree issues a couple weeks ago and it appears to have held up through a few times played-through. Since I'm lacking the source, I don't know the core issue, but it seems to be effect the two technologies with no benefits associated to them: Fertilizer and Genetic Engineering. I have simply renamed the technologies (in Technology and TechPreq.xml in SuperPower Complete (v5)/XML/Technologies) by appending a '2' to the Type.

Affected files are attached here, but I'd strongly suggest that you copy the installed versions before you paste these in their place.

Hopefully this'll offer people a more robust workaround until it can be dealt with in the next release.

Attached Files: