SUPERPOWERS: Clash of Civilizations [REVIVED/MP Compatible]

Lt_Karan

Chieftain

(Community Edition)
Current Version: 1.0
Original Author: Lincoln_lyf

A Total Conversion Modpack originally created by the amazing Lincoln_Lyf, with a special emphasis on strengthening the core Economic, Military and Political gameplay of Civilization V, while ensuring longevity and heaps of new content. Currently undertaking the task of fixing bugs, adding content, and balancing the experience to ensure a challenging experience for both new and returning players.

Join us on our Discord Server, to help keep this project alive.
Check out the Quickstart Guide here.

SUPERPOWERS aims to provide a fresh, challenging, and content rich experience with optimal stability, balance and performance to make it viable for a Multiplayer experience.
Some core tenets regarding the design philosophy of this experience are as follows:
  • Expand upon the amazing base laid by Lincoln_Lyf
  • Perform changes to the balance to ensure no unfair advantages
    and to make the experience more challenging.
  • To provide a rich late game experience with added mechanics
    such as electricity, manpower and a plethora of new techs,
    buildings and units.
  • Ensure and improve Multiplayer compatibility.

Exciting Late Game Experience
    - 4 unique components for all 43 Civs: Many modern units and buildings
    - A fully new designed Tech Tree with two new eras: World War Era and Future Era
    - A fully new designed Policy Tree and Ideologies
    - Plain water plots can be improved
    - Strong terrain modification abilities in the late game
    - Space race: launching orbital satellites for global effects
    - More challenges in the late game from enhanced AI and increasing maintenance cost of your nation

Realistic and Challenging Domestic Affairs
    - 200+ new buildings, wonders and improvements
    - Cities will have corruption & public Security issues
    - Cities will upgrade by reaching higher population levels, unlocking advanced buildings, wider working distance, but causing pollution and traffic problems
    - New Strategic Resources with global effects: Manpower, Consumer Goods, Electricity
    - Move your capital to a new place for a better efficiency
    - Move your population inside your cities for a better efficiency
    - Nations with a higher Tourism Output will attract international immigrants from other countries
    - Happiness will be more important: affecting tourism output and international immigration

Enhanced Combat System and Modern Warfare
    - 2-unit-per-plot system for units’ coordination operations and larger battle scale
    - 100+ new units and promotions
    - Highly specialized military units with diverse abilities and cost
    - Realistic naval units and air units design, powerful but expensive
    - Unique legendary elite & experimental units in real history await you command
    - Workers can turn into militia units for war mobilization or logistics service
    - War is dangerous: intensive war will cause population loss and even nuclear winters.

Comfortable & Efficient Game Experience
    - Fully tweaked game balance: no “weak” civilizations, policies, wonders, units, etc
    - Adaptive difficulty level: AI’s bonus depend on your performance
    - Rapid & compact game pace with zero “garbage time”
    - Automated Management & Batch Operations: control hundreds of cities or units in one-click

As of now, the project is only available in a MODPACK version that has to be manually installed due to use of DLL mods, however a Steam release in the future would be optimal.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    SUPERPOWERS V1.0:
    DOWNLOAD

STEPS TO INSTALL
    Step 1: Download the release of choice from the links above.
    Step 2: Extract the contents of the zipped file to: Civ 5 Directory/Assets/DLC
    Step 3: Ensure the folders, MP_MODPACK, UI_bc1 and UI_Mainmenu are
    placed in the "DLC" folder.

(OPTIONAL) Delete the cache folder in My Documents/My Games/Sid Meirs Civ 5, to ensure optimal functionality.

Spoiler Immense Thanks: :

If I have missed any of the amazing modders who made this possible please forgive me and contact me on the Discord Server.
  • DLL:
whoward69 for DLL - Various Mod Components

• Ÿ EUI:
bc1 for EUI elements

• Ÿ New Luxury Resources:
Barathor for More Luxuries MOD

• Ÿ Coding:
Gedemon for RED Events, flags for stacked units, aircraft animation speed and ranged units counterattack related codes
CaptainCWB for codes optimization and UI elements
Tokata for additional DLL editing, Civilopedia and UI elements
Barathor for AssignStartingPlots.lua, Map Setup.lua
Maximus for new attack effects (AoE damage) related codes and combat UI related codes
Machiavelli24 for Reform and Rule related codes and Policy_FreeBuildingClass.lua
Ninakoru for Smart AI related codes
FramedArchitect for Faerun Fantasy Mod and Global Warming MOD related codes
Redox for Light Touch: unit automation related codes
Coban for helicopter hovering related codes
Hulfgar for Hulfgars Industrial Warfare related codes and concept
far_away_land for Settler joining city codes & some debugging tasks
bc1 for backgroud image Lua codes

• Ÿ 3d Models
Wolfdog for many modern and renaissance units’ models
Snafusmith for many modern and ancient units’ models
Danrell for many WWII units’ models
Danrell, Nutty for MiG-15 model
Ekmek, asioasioasio for UAV model
Ekmek, KnelRivendare, Jinzor for B52 model
bernie14 for templar and teutonic mounted knights models
Barathor for new resource models&icons
other 3d units models: Wolfdog, Snafusmith, Danrell, Ekmek, asioasioasio, KnelRivendare, Jinzor, bernie14, Barathor, Snafusmith(Smitty), JTitan,Deliverator, Walter Hawkwood, Refar, Patum333, hangman, Deliverator, BouncyMischa

• Ÿ Icon/ Visual Art Elements

Icons & Images: Barathor, JanBoruta, Jamie Meyer, Moriboe, sukritact, Pouakai, Sukritact, Envoy (@fourfourhero), Pouakai, zsofiadome, BlackFeather_, Empoh, Tokata, Institute of Swedish Safety; Security, freepik.com, iranaware.com, photobucket.com, Brainbug's Egyptian Army (Retextured) von Brainbug (v1.0), calxibe.com, wallpoper.com
JanBoruta for some units and building icons
BlackFeather_ for Spanish Armada icon and Super Power MOD Logo
Moriboe, sukritact, Pouakai, Sukritact, Envoy (@fourfourhero), Pouakai for some new buildings and new wonders icons and concept

• Ÿ Languages
Chinese: MarbleGargoyle, LI, Seven

• Ÿ Promotion & Test:
Tokata, Ben, Dante, BlackFeather_, GanJunWuDi, 38AA, HJQ, xiaofeng, seraph, Li, Seven, Xingen, Tianshu, SkyWalker, Arno, bot, ryst

• Ÿ Proofreading & Document Editing:
爱玲的安逸人生, Seven

• Ÿ Cited Documents:
Wikipedia, www.azquotes.com , www.brainyquote.com

• Ÿ A few images or concepts are from those works:
ACE Combat (published by Namco Bandai Games and produced by Project Aces)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (published and owned by Activision)
World of Warships and World of Tanks (Wargaming)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)
Cities XL 2012 (Focus Home Interactive)
Others from Google Images Search

• Ÿ “Clash of Civilizations” is inspired by political scientist Samuel P. Huntington’s The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order, published in 1996

• Ÿ The names of unique national wonders “Ministry of Truth”, “Ministry of Plenty” and “Ministry of Peace” are inspired by English author George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four, published in 1949.
Ÿ

Screenshots

Spoiler View :

Last edited:
i thinking the first thing to do is make compatible with community patch and have the possibility to play with others mods not a closed modpack.

i thinking the first thing to do is make compatible with community patch and have the possibility to play with others mods not a closed modpack.
A lot of features from Community Patch are already integrated, and other mods are compatible with this project, just not all of them (Those which replace pre-existing files and functions )

Thanks a lot dude for this.
Just wondering is there a chance vassals can be integrated into this?
I've been trying to integrate some more mods like Vassals/ Corporations. It might take a bit more time since it usually either interferes with EUI or the mods lua files, but it should be possible if a concerted effort was made.

SUPERPOWERS V 1.1 HOTFIX OUT NOW

Changelog:
  • Reverted to v88 WHowards DLL All associated bugs regarding mechanics (splash damage/diplomacy) now fixed.
  • Fixed Helicopter units missing anti tank promotion.
  • Anti tank promotions buffed by 50% (Too weak vs armoured units in current meta)
  • Missing images fixed. (World Congress Projects)
  • Fixed religion icons not displaying correctly (Compression issue) Issues regarding annexation and puppeting fixed.

PS: Old version save games might not be compatible.

Installation instructions on the Discord/ Initial Post: https://discord.gg/CtwmyXbttw

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQJ_-XsBcL_zpqQK-PyVffqx_bmISCR_/view?usp=sharing

I started a game with your mod(looks great btw) but it crashes whenever I go to the strategic view. Either it's my old rig or a bug?.. but I never had that problem before with the older version of this mod. Regardless, I'm glad to see you chose to revise this amazing mod. It's the best mod for civ5, in my opinion.

I started a game with your mod(looks great btw) but it crashes whenever I go to the strategic view. Either it's my old rig or a bug?.. but I never had that problem before with the older version of this mod. Regardless, I'm glad to see you chose to revise this amazing mod. It's the best mod for civ5, in my opinion.
It's a known bug at the moment, I believe some of the new units and buildings are causing this, but I am trying my best to fix this one. Glad you enjoy, there's a lot more info on the Discord (we also report bugs and suggestions there!)

I am glad that this mod I love has been revived.
Contrary to the research text, I can't see a few units of the future era, so do you have any plans to update them? (EX. Arsenal Ship)

Last edited:
I am glad that this mod I love has been revived.
Contrary to the research text, I can't see a few units of the future era, so do you have any plans to update them? (EX. Arsenal Ship)

Glad you enjoy it! The Future Techs integration is mechanically almost complete (maintenance costs, electricity costs for buildings, pop requirements etc), however the texts need to be updated. Leads to some confusion because some Future Units were removed to keep with the original vision of Lincoln_Lyf, and sticking to a slightly realistic approach to Future Era tech and units. A lot of units from the Future Era mod have been disabled as of now (Dinosaurs, Biounit etc). The Arsenal Ship in particular was removed because the model was already being used by the Railgun Battleship, however if you have any ideas or suggestions hop on over to the Discord!

Glad you enjoy it! The Future Techs integration is mechanically almost complete (maintenance costs, electricity costs for buildings, pop requirements etc), however the texts need to be updated. Leads to some confusion because some Future Units were removed to keep with the original vision of Lincoln_Lyf, and sticking to a slightly realistic approach to Future Era tech and units. A lot of units from the Future Era mod have been disabled as of now (Dinosaurs, Biounit etc). The Arsenal Ship in particular was removed because the model was already being used by the Railgun Battleship, however if you have any ideas or suggestions hop on over to the Discord!
Thank you for your answer!
I'm already looking for discord from time to time.
It's not an idea, but my favorite part of this mod is the part where the unit upgrade line is kept clean and tidy.
I hope all kinds of units will have their own upgraded version in the future era.
Thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for your answer!
I'm already looking for discord from time to time.
It's not an idea, but my favorite part of this mod is the part where the unit upgrade line is kept clean and tidy.
I hope all kinds of units will have their own upgraded version in the future era.
Thank you for your efforts.

The link to the Discord is here: https://discord.gg/CtwmyXbttw
We're usually more active there, and it's a bit easier to communicate ideas, suggestions and bugs there.

Also if you enjoy unit upgrade lines, then a lot of new options have been added. Since modern naval and airforce units cost a lot of maintenance, the slightly less high tech variants are not considered obsolete and can still be constructed by nations with weaker economies. As for the Future Units, they can be upgraded to from Information Era units, or you can choose to produce Information Era units if you cannot handle the massive maintenance costs associated with constructing cutting edge Future era units.

So the problem is on my end? Because when I transfer the mod to DLC I see the mod itself but not the three folders, and the mod doesn't activate when I start the game.
its three folders and you put all 3 separately in the DLC

edit: I think the three folders are in the actual mod folder, then you take them out

Last edited:
So the problem is on my end? Because when I transfer the mod to DLC I see the mod itself but not the three folders, and the mod doesn't activate when I start the game.

Pretty much what Lipski said, but if you need more help head over the the Discord, there is a more detailed guide with pictures on the Discord.

Top Bottom