SUPERPOWERS: Clash of Civilizations [REVIVED/MP Compatible]

My god this looks incredible can't wait to play later today

Downloading not working, instead of 3 folders i just get one large file

Nevermind it was just me downloading from google drive and not github

Just want to say that this is already my favourite mod. I played a game as the Iroquois and took out America after a 50 turn war on standard speed, very difficult but fun

The best mod I've ever played, I really loved it. I don't know how many turns I played, but I got to get my culverines and conquer a civilization in a marathon, until I saw an update and decided to install it =). Making a parenthesis to my emotion, is it possible that in some update a unique fifth component for civilizations (* - *) is added?
I hope my english is good and thanks for the rescue of the mod Lt_Karan.

The timeline is broken. I can get to the industrial era by 1000A.D as America. I always get to the medieval era by 700B.C. Please fix the timeline. I have played on quick, standard, and epic speeds.

But it is my favourite mod and is very fun

Last edited:
The best mod I've ever played, I really loved it. I don't know how many turns I played, but I got to get my culverines and conquer a civilization in a marathon, until I saw an update and decided to install it =). Making a parenthesis to my emotion, is it possible that in some update a unique fifth component for civilizations (* - *) is added?
I hope my english is good and thanks for the rescue of the mod Lt_Karan.
I added a fifth and sixth UC in a test build, it seems possible but it was causing some issues so it wasn't released. It's a great idea and given the time, I would love to implement it. Your english is great, thanks for the response!

Just want to say that this is already my favourite mod. I played a game as the Iroquois and took out America after a 50 turn war on standard speed, very difficult but fun
There are some tips and strategies on the Discord, one of the most useful tips is to keep your cities on Food focus, once you have a massive population you can start accumulating a lot of bonuses and the population helps with providing manpower and increasing the size of your cities.

The timeline is broken. I can get to the industrial era by 1000A.D as America. I always get to the medieval era by 700B.C. Please fix the timeline. I have played on quick, standard, and epic speeds.

But it is my favourite mod and is very fun

The researches are already slowed down from the original version of the mod yet this issue persists. Been busy with IRL work, job etc lately, but I wish to release a quality of life update, fix these issues and add some more content (Made progress on adding additional policies and policy trees, tenets, UC) but other work just keeps getting in the way. You can help contribute on the Github or Discord if you have any ideas or suggestions, or would just like to contribute, thanks for all the feedback!

Hey, first time posting in this thread. Was itching to come back to Civ V and stumbled upon this mod by chance, installed it and gave it a go. Before I proceed, I need to disclose that I am strictly a wonderbuilder, so i'm not the best source of info for the average player/creator, but I thought sharing the experience could be useful. Coming from Vox, I wasn't expecting this mod to be this unique and engaging, but things like the goods and the manpower systems worked pretty well, and I like electricity as a concept a lot, makes sense in a way. More wonders to build too, and a bunch of new techs and policies kept it interesting for me, and micromanaging scientists, engineers and others to get certain resources justifies the high population numbers and the number of slots. I give this mod a solid 8,5/10, one of the very best here in the community. Now, for the suggestions: The projects for unique units are very interesting, but that chinese ship that does the trading missions is just about a light year above how they should work, I was getting like 4k-6k thousand gold from the three available and man, that destroyed any semblance of a global balanced economy. Should be like three missions total and out of comission they should go. Some of the wonders that give votes are also op as hell, started the congress with 8-10 votes vs 1 of each other civ without picking patronage, thats bananas. And the worst offense for me was the emmigration thing, where citizens would constantly join my cities every turn cause of some cultural influence; in 20 turns on epic, one city went from 17 to 26 pop, thats probably not right (or balanced I mean). It felt like I had punched a secret code and the cheting happened, and to be honest thats where I left, in Industrial with seven colossal cities in my roman empire that would not stop growing by themselves like magic. If that is how emmigration is supposed to work, it has to go, not a good feature at all. And maybe that fish creating skill from workers too, needs a nerf real bad. With all that said, though, might be a playstyle problem, a difficulty problem ( I started on small powers difficulty, probably a mistake, needed to be higher for sure) and straight up that expected avalanche of snow balls that comes with wonderbuilding, just several degrees colder than I'm used to. I love this thing, its really interesting and I'll be playing again soon. Thanks for the hard work and care, it truly shows. Peace.

Hey, first time posting in this thread. Was itching to come back to Civ V and stumbled upon this mod by chance, installed it and gave it a go. Before I proceed, I need to disclose that I am strictly a wonderbuilder, so i'm not the best source of info for the average player/creator, but I thought sharing the experience could be useful. Coming from Vox, I wasn't expecting this mod to be this unique and engaging, but things like the goods and the manpower systems worked pretty well, and I like electricity as a concept a lot, makes sense in a way. More wonders to build too, and a bunch of new techs and policies kept it interesting for me, and micromanaging scientists, engineers and others to get certain resources justifies the high population numbers and the number of slots. I give this mod a solid 8,5/10, one of the very best here in the community. Now, for the suggestions: The projects for unique units are very interesting, but that chinese ship that does the trading missions is just about a light year above how they should work, I was getting like 4k-6k thousand gold from the three available and man, that destroyed any semblance of a global balanced economy. Should be like three missions total and out of comission they should go. Some of the wonders that give votes are also op as hell, started the congress with 8-10 votes vs 1 of each other civ without picking patronage, thats bananas. And the worst offense for me was the emmigration thing, where citizens would constantly join my cities every turn cause of some cultural influence; in 20 turns on epic, one city went from 17 to 26 pop, thats probably not right (or balanced I mean). It felt like I had punched a secret code and the cheting happened, and to be honest thats where I left, in Industrial with seven colossal cities in my roman empire that would not stop growing by themselves like magic. If that is how emmigration is supposed to work, it has to go, not a good feature at all. And maybe that fish creating skill from workers too, needs a nerf real bad. With all that said, though, might be a playstyle problem, a difficulty problem ( I started on small powers difficulty, probably a mistake, needed to be higher for sure) and straight up that expected avalanche of snow balls that comes with wonderbuilding, just several degrees colder than I'm used to. I love this thing, its really interesting and I'll be playing again soon. Thanks for the hard work and care, it truly shows. Peace.
Agree with almost everything, some Wonders, Projects and Buildings do need nerfing. Immigration works in the way that if you dominate another Civs cultures entirely, then one citizen may immigrate per turn, to any random city in your empire, it can get pretty crazy if your culture vastly outnumbers those of your rivals. I believe this isn't as strong on higher difficulties where the AI can keep their culture up competitively so you may lose and gain some citizens per turn, it's listed in the Culture Tab if you want more information on how it works. Overall I'd say if you're a Civ veteran 6 and 7 difficulty are the best balance of challenging and enjoyable, where the AI will compete pretty harshly when it comes to building wonders. Wonders and Unique Units need a rebalance though that's for sure. The fishing nets might need a rebalance too, but honestly it's just a way to simulate how coastal cities/economies are almost always larger than inland cities.

I felt like maybe an emmigration every 3-5 turns on epic speed would be fine, 3-6 per turn is too much, especially if its the AIs against you. I had 2 40plus pop cities way before I should and my happiness was taking massive swings, and I was one turn building everything, on epic, thats like jumping on a wormhole every turn. The problem is not keeping up, is that eventually someone will take the lead and the avalanche will become unstoppable eventually anyway, kind of a berserk win more effect. About the nets, when I got the Natural gas drilling thing and paired that up with the massive 7 food 2 gold fishing tiles, that created so many resources that I felt I was never going to see the new ages that were added, cause the game would be over way before. They should be (probably) half as good and obtaining them should be a longer and more spread out process on the tech tree, its like end game values on a mid game feature. Thanks for the answer!

I felt like maybe an emmigration every 3-5 turns on epic speed would be fine, 3-6 per turn is too much, especially if its the AIs against you. I had 2 40plus pop cities way before I should and my happiness was taking massive swings, and I was one turn building everything, on epic, thats like jumping on a wormhole every turn. The problem is not keeping up, is that eventually someone will take the lead and the avalanche will become unstoppable eventually anyway, kind of a berserk win more effect. About the nets, when I got the Natural gas drilling thing and paired that up with the massive 7 food 2 gold fishing tiles, that created so many resources that I felt I was never going to see the new ages that were added, cause the game would be over way before. They should be (probably) half as good and obtaining them should be a longer and more spread out process on the tech tree, its like end game values on a mid game feature. Thanks for the answer!

Hi, I've just made a "patch" that changes how immigration/emigration works: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/pull/2 . Nothing is quite broken yet, so I think it is all good... But honestly I haven't tested this thoroughly.

• emmigration/immigration calculations only happens every 2 turns (3 on epic. It adapts to gamespeed based on the great people rate).
  • It makes sure that emmigration/immigration is only calculated once per player pair
  • It makes both player and AI to face emmigration/immigration (the code limited originally emmigration/immigration to humans)

Hi, I've just made a "patch" that changes how immigration/emigration works: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/pull/2 . Nothing is quite broken yet, so I think it is all good... But honestly I haven't tested this thoroughly.

• emmigration/immigration calculations only happens every 2 turns (3 on epic. It adapts to gamespeed based on the great people rate).
  • It makes sure that emmigration/immigration is only calculated once per player pair
  • It makes both player and AI to face emmigration/immigration (the code limited originally emmigration/immigration to humans)

This is amazing :), thanks for your effort! I've merged the pull into a beta branch and created a release for testing and published it on the discord. Hope people can try it out and check if there are issues.
Also a Discord is available if you would like a faster line of communication.

The beta branch release is available at the following link: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/beta
Installation Note: This is a Beta build, you will need to move your current Superpowers mod folder out of the install location and replace it with this one. There is more assistance available for installation on the discord.

Considering the price of everything else, isn't the Botanical Gardens too nerfed? A building that costs 345 resources and gives 1 food, 1 culture, 1 science and 1 production seems quite a waste of time... Specially if the building is blocked to be placed in medieval / renaissance eras.

Considering the price of everything else, isn't the Botanical Gardens too nerfed? A building that costs 345 resources and gives 1 food, 1 culture, 1 science and 1 production seems quite a waste of time... Specially if the building is blocked to be placed in medieval / renaissance eras.
Absolutely, a lot of balance will be fixed in the next update, especially with the new UC and UA overhaul. It's a great suggestion and there is a lot of buildings/ unit that need to be rebalanced. Hopefully the next update will be entirely focused on balancing.

The beta version of the UC and UA overhaul has been released.
NOTE: This is a BETA release, and a lot of stats/ localization still needs to be standardized. A lot of the abilities still require tweaking and may not play well/ balanced ingame. As such, all feedback is valued.

Changelog:
UCs overhauled, all Civs given two extra UC.
UAs overhauled, all Civs given an extra unique ability.
Civilization localization rewritten.
Fixed main menu display issues.

Link: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/v1.2.2b
(edited)

Some screenshots of the UA/UC rework below:
1124.png 1123.png 112.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom