SUPERPOWERS: Clash of Civilizations [REVIVED/MP Compatible]

The UC and UA overhaul is still a work in progress, however some much requested features including more victory conditions have been incorporated in this beta release. Some old features such as AI difficulty scaling were found to have been not working at all, and the code has been cleaned up to make it work. There might be some issues with super AIs, and all your feedback is welcome.

Changelog:
Aircraft buy costs increased to make them less affordable.
Cannot purchase Information Era+ bombers/fighters (Stealth Bombers/ Stealth Attack Aircraft)
Cannot purchase Nuclear weaponry (Who's selling?)
Cannot purchase Nuclear Attack Submarines/ SSBN (AUKUS ahem)

AI Intelligence scripts fixed;
The scripts were not loading due to syntax and logical errors.
The AI Difficulty mechanics should now function properly and include:
AI will scale up in difficulty once eras progress.
AI will get the proper buffs for their difficulties.
AI will be able to handle the economy much better now.
Blobbing AI empires are penalized; and an AI snowball should be less prevalent.

New Victory Conditions:
Religious and Economic victory were included.

Download Link: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/v1.2.3b
Join us on the Discord at: https://discord.gg/FJQ85CwUyC

Lt_Karan thanks a lot for this nice update of superpowers :)
I ve played a lot superpowers older versions without the new user interface and I d like to state some bugs/questions/suggestions, or maybe some things I dont know yet in this UI.
1. I cannot puppet cities, I dont have any option when conquering a city, it automatically goes occupied with resistance X turns.
2. Finishing Liberty gave me two great people instead of the usual one, and the info still says one. I also think that a golden age began before finishing Liberty, buying the previous from last policy.
3. I cannot see the % of rationalism;s policy for science, I have 50 happiness and I should have 10% more science, is this missing info from UI or the extra science is gone?
4. Same question goes for electricity, does it give me % on science if I have more than I need? Again I cant see something in science.
5. Where is the Civilopedia in this UI? Sorry im not familiar with it. Is there another option for the "Economic View" of cities instead of the left bar "cities"?
6. Maybe golden ages are long, I am almost constantly in one, after finishing Liberty, two great Artists, then golden age from Order policy etc, 80% of my turns are golden aged.
Thanks !

Lt_Karan thanks a lot for this nice update of superpowers :)
I ve played a lot superpowers older versions without the new user interface and I d like to state some bugs/questions/suggestions, or maybe some things I dont know yet in this UI.
1. I cannot puppet cities, I dont have any option when conquering a city, it automatically goes occupied with resistance X turns.
2. Finishing Liberty gave me two great people instead of the usual one, and the info still says one. I also think that a golden age began before finishing Liberty, buying the previous from last policy.
3. I cannot see the % of rationalism;s policy for science, I have 50 happiness and I should have 10% more science, is this missing info from UI or the extra science is gone?
4. Same question goes for electricity, does it give me % on science if I have more than I need? Again I cant see something in science.
5. Where is the Civilopedia in this UI? Sorry im not familiar with it. Is there another option for the "Economic View" of cities instead of the left bar "cities"?
6. Maybe golden ages are long, I am almost constantly in one, after finishing Liberty, two great Artists, then golden age from Order policy etc, 80% of my turns are golden aged.
Thanks !

Sounds like an improper installation especially the puppet cities issue, seems like the DLL might not be properly installed. I suggest you get the latest version from the Discord(https://discord.gg/FJQ85CwUyC) or Github(https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/v1.2.3b) and if you need any help with the installation the instructions are listed on the discord as well. The missing UI information is a known issue since the integration with EnhancedUI, it should be integrated into the tooltips in a future update.
Also the Civilopedia can be opened with F1 or right clicking any unit image. Hop over to the Discord for faster replies, Civfanatics notifications are a bit iffy for me right now.

SUPERPOWERS 1.3 is finally out for the holiday season, and brings a massive amount of content, changes and reworks, expect further hotfix releases if any issues come up.
This release wraps up most of the work in progress for the past couple months, and the future roadmap should be an interesting one.

The 1.3 release is available on the Github (scroll to the bottom): https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/1.3

Installation Instructions are available on the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/FJQ85CwUyC; Or you can simply paste the files in the following location: Civ V folder/Assets/DLC

Changelog is available on the Github and Discord servers.

SUPERPOWERS 1.3 is finally out for the holiday season, and brings a massive amount of content, changes and reworks, expect further hotfix releases if any issues come up.
This release wraps up most of the work in progress for the past couple months, and the future roadmap should be an interesting one.

The 1.3 release is available on the Github (scroll to the bottom): https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/Superpowers/releases/tag/1.3

Installation Instructions are available on the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/FJQ85CwUyC; Or you can simply paste the files in the following location: Civ V folder/Assets/DLC

Changelog is available on the Github and Discord servers.

A dream come true (*U*), six unique units (*-*) ... Thank you very much Lt_Karan :'D (by the way I cry with happiness :]).

I started a game with the Incas, and I have an idea :D. I noticed that in that civilization there is a duplicate unit, there are two "chasquis" :O... the "chasqui" that moves only three squares could be replaced by a new building called "Waru Waru". This construction was presumably adopted by the Incas of the Wari culture, this is like an excavation surrounding the crops filled with water, which by absorbing solar radiation emits heat at night protecting the crops from the low night temperatures typical of the punas, which in the game could be represented by the tundra C:, what do you think of my idea c:?

Ideally, this would be a box improvement, but I'm aware of how difficult it is to create a modo :c... I tried once and ufffffff I couldn't do anything :'v... but I can contribute with cool ideas and historical review :].

I hope my English writing is fine, greetings Lt_Karan :D, I hope you are having a great new year :D.

A dream come true (*U*), six unique units (*-*) ... Thank you very much Lt_Karan :'D (by the way I cry with happiness :]).

I started a game with the Incas, and I have an idea :D. I noticed that in that civilization there is a duplicate unit, there are two "chasquis" :O... the "chasqui" that moves only three squares could be replaced by a new building called "Waru Waru". This construction was presumably adopted by the Incas of the Wari culture, this is like an excavation surrounding the crops filled with water, which by absorbing solar radiation emits heat at night protecting the crops from the low night temperatures typical of the punas, which in the game could be represented by the tundra C:, what do you think of my idea c:?

Ideally, this would be a box improvement, but I'm aware of how difficult it is to create a modo :c... I tried once and ufffffff I couldn't do anything :'v... but I can contribute with cool ideas and historical review :].

I hope my English writing is fine, greetings Lt_Karan :D, I hope you are having a great new year :D.

Your English is great, and that's a good catch, I'll try replacing the Chasquis with something else. Also thanks for the great suggestion, and apologies for the late reply, just check this forum every week or so, usually we discuss daily on the Discord, but I'll try to stay more up to date here. A new update is on the way which will have these fixes! Happy belated new year too my friend!

Your English is great, and that's a good catch, I'll try replacing the Chasquis with something else. Also thanks for the great suggestion, and apologies for the late reply, just check this forum every week or so, usually we discuss daily on the Discord, but I'll try to stay more up to date here. A new update is on the way which will have these fixes! Happy belated new year too my friend!
Perfect :D!!! I'm already looking forward to a new update :D. I am playing a game, with the most standard configuration (continents, standard resources, time would be the only thing that is not common since I put it on marathon to enjoy each time :]) and I am having a lot of fun C: the mod is quite achieved, you really not only revived the mod, but also improved it a lot (*-*), I wish I could collaborate more :(, I really wish the mod grows a lot \(*°*)/.

And no problem Lt_Karan, the important thing is that you answered my friend :], remember that I'm here to help with whatever I can :D, I'll try to create a Discord account and join… sometimes social networks scare me :O, I still have to take value >:D.

Does your mod work with any content of JFDLC, like rise to power or cities in development? Vox populi end turns in late era have decreased a lot due to database cleanup, why dont you try to do the same in this amazing mod?

Does your mod work with any content of JFDLC, like rise to power or cities in development? Vox populi end turns in late era have decreased a lot due to database cleanup, why dont you try to do the same in this amazing mod?
I've tried some RTP modules, and it seems to boot up just fine, but I haven't done a full play through with it, I've also tried some of Iskas mods and they seem to work fine when loaded on top of the modpack in the usual manner. (Take this with a grain of salt though, as I have not play tested this a lot)

Also the VP end turn optimization sounds great, I'm not sure what it is and I'll have to look into it, is it part of a recent update and are there any posts they have made regarding it? Thanks for the great input, seems like a game changer!

You could also run some tests and see if this mproves end turn speed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2625109123
LuaJIT cannot be integrated into mods, and has to be installed manually into the game directory, so we have added links on the Discord on how to install it.
We have more fixes listed on the Optimization channel on Discord, there a few more tweaks that can help speed the game up quite a bit. I'm on a pretty mediocre PC so I often have to make changes with the performance in mind as well.

Appreciate the Vox links! They are very informative.

This looks awesome and I will definitely try it at some point, but let me just ask this right away. I'm assuming this isn't compatible with R.E.D., but is there any ethnic diversity in this mod or any compatible mods to use instead? I also like to play with mods that slow research times down so I can enjoy the eras I'm in. I'm aware that mods like that cause big issues with Great Scientists being OP when the research percentages are tweaked, but it makes me enjoy the game a lot more. Anything I could do while playing this mod to accommodate myself there? Playing Marathon speed is a slog. What I'm currently using is this
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2534406827
Marathon research speed with standard everything else, but I adjusted it to make culture accumulate slower as well.

Appreciate what you're doing.

This looks awesome and I will definitely try it at some point, but let me just ask this right away. I'm assuming this isn't compatible with R.E.D., but is there any ethnic diversity in this mod or any compatible mods to use instead? I also like to play with mods that slow research times down so I can enjoy the eras I'm in. I'm aware that mods like that cause big issues with Great Scientists being OP when the research percentages are tweaked, but it makes me enjoy the game a lot more. Anything I could do while playing this mod to accommodate myself there? Playing Marathon speed is a slog. What I'm currently using is this
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2534406827
Marathon research speed with standard everything else, but I adjusted it to make culture accumulate slower as well.

Appreciate what you're doing.

Some R.E.D variety is integrated into the mod already, so there will be some level of ethnic diversity, but I haven't checked that in a while. If you're like me and feel it's more immersive when the units and formations are smaller, then it should be possible via a submod.
Also slowing down research times is easily achievable, I've been tweaking some of the speed settings, and setting the research costs to be longer, and reducing the science from Great Scientists is all possible (via difficulty settings), I'll work on making a submod to increase load times, also I could post a simple 5 minute guide using which you can increase research speeds as much as you want.
I'll probably post the submods after the upcoming Steam release, but I could post the guide on how to edit the values on Discord pretty quickly.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!

That would be great if you can post it on discord. I'm currently using a longer eras mod on base game (+RED). It made the research at 400% and adjusted number of turns plus time passed per turn, but that didn't flow very well with the rest of the game values. I increased culture and faith to 300%, growth to 150%, non unit construction to 200%, and great people to 200%. I'm still testing it, but adjusting the amount of science a great scientist puts out needs to be nerfed. I just don't know how to do that.

That would be great if you can post it on discord. I'm currently using a longer eras mod on base game (+RED). It made the research at 400% and adjusted number of turns plus time passed per turn, but that didn't flow very well with the rest of the game values. I increased culture and faith to 300%, growth to 150%, non unit construction to 200%, and great people to 200%. I'm still testing it, but adjusting the amount of science a great scientist puts out needs to be nerfed. I just don't know how to do that.

I've been making progress on this, technically you would need to edit the "UnitDiscoverPercent" value if you would like to reduce the science you get from great scientists, this still requires testing imo, but it's worth trying out. Here's a useful write up that was posted on this forum:

Some code related to the game speed that can be tweaked to your own preferences.
You will need to make the changes in XML/GameInfo/GameSpeeds.xml

GrowthPercent - amount of food needed for a city to grow
TrainPercent - amount of production needed to produce units
ConstructPercent - amount of production needed to produce buildings (including wonders)
CreatePercent - amount of production needed to produce projects
GoldPercent - amount of gold you get from ruins, barbarian camps etc.
GoldGiftMod - effectiveness of gold gifts to city states
BuildPercent - time that workers spend to build improvements
ImprovementPercent - time needed for improvements to grow to other improvements (unused in Civ5)
GreatPeoplePercent - amount of great people points needed to get great people
CulturePercent - amount of culture needed to gain territory and policies
BarbPercent - probably affects the speed of barbarian spawning
FeatureProductionPercent - amount of production you get from removing features (only forests give you production, unless it's changed in a mod)
UnitDiscoverPercent - amount of science you get from a Great Scientist when discovering a technology (I'm not sure if it works)
UnitHurryPercent - amount of production you get from a Great Engineer when hurrying production
UnitTradePercent - amount of gold you get from conducting a trade mission with a Great Merchant
GoldenAgePercent - golden age length
HurryPercent - probably affects the cost of buying things in cities
InflationPercent, InflationOffset - AFAIK inflation is not used in Civ5
VictoryDelayPercent - time for the spaceship to reach its destination (I'm not sure if it's used)

Of course these parameters are percentages, so 100 means that the value is unchanged, 50 halves it, 200 doubles it, and so on.

Thanks. I've been playing with a lot of those values to get a good pace on everything. I also found a mod that adjusts the beakers given by great scientists. This is what it is editing...

Game Data --> Units --> Update --> Unit_Scientist --> Set BaseBeakersTurnsToCount.

I believe the default value is 8, so lowering it to 3 or 4 should solve the issue.

Thanks. I've been playing with a lot of those values to get a good pace on everything. I also found a mod that adjusts the beakers given by great scientists. This is what it is editing...

Game Data --> Units --> Update --> Unit_Scientist --> Set BaseBeakersTurnsToCount.

I believe the default value is 8, so lowering it to 3 or 4 should solve the issue.

Thanks this info is very useful, I found a further explanation on how it works if it might be useful:

(Science income) * <BaseBeakersTurnsToCount> * <ResearchPercent> / 100

where BaseBeakersTurnsToCount is defined under <Units><Type>UNIT_SCIENTIST</Type></Units> and ResearchPercent is defined under <GameSpeeds><Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type></GameSpeeds>, <GameSpeeds><Type>GAMESPEED_EPIC</Type></GameSpeeds>, <GameSpeeds><Type>GAMESPEED_STANDARD</Type></GameSpeeds>, and <GameSpeeds><Type>GAMESPEED_QUICK</Type></GameSpeeds>.

The default value of BaseBeakersTurnsToCount is 8, while the default value of ResearchPercent is 67 for Quick, 100 for Standard, 150 for Epic and 300 for Marathon.

A quick update leading up to Steam Release. Pushing this out for more community feedback and balance recommendations. Very much still WIP, major fields that require attention include texts, smoothing out policies a bit more, balancing improvements and UA.

Changelog:
POLICY REWORK Three new trees to guide your Civ into the Modern World:
Prosperity, focuses on the accumulation of Capital to improve the lives of your citizens and improve productivity.
Domination, to subversively control world politics and acting as a global police while cementing imperial ambitions.
Harmony, plays along with nature, sustainable development and a focus on the lands that the Civ resides on, to bring peace.

Adjustments to Difficulty, 6-8 should be much harder now.
Trade has been adjusted to give reduced GPT, balancing the economy should be a peace time task that requires planning and strategy.
Calendar fixes to prevent reaching the Industrial Era in 1000AD (Highly experimental, please excuse any disparities)
Terrain Improvement Balancing (Thanks to HELLOTHERE)
Long Awaited Religion Rebalance (Big Thanks to DimensionDog)
UC Fixes (Regards to DimensionDog)
Fixes to Tech Stack Overflow Bug in the late game Big Fixes for Marathon Players, more policy trees are available in the Classical Era, compared to the limited options before.
Tech costs have been increased in the early and mid game to allow more playtime in these eras.
Cities will expand to a 7 tile radius (only 5 range will be workable, EXPERIMENTAL)

There are a few more minor changes one can find in the Github commits list.
Heartiest thanks to HogFrogget and Eirenex for their amazing help. DimensionDog has really made great contributions this update, and no amount of thanks could ever be enough.

The installation instructions are available on the Discord Server.

Download Link: https://github.com/TheKaranRawat/SUPERPOWERS/releases/tag/1.5.5.1

Attachments

• pascal-quidault-senators-cover02.png
    pascal-quidault-senators-cover02.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Hello there, first of all thank you for keeping this mod up to date and cause I am writing for the first time to share my thoughts.

Firstly, is there any way to find a unique skins for some unique units (like icbm, weishi mlrs, neo-dreadnought & hacker for example), new or existing ones from mlrs or cruiser collections

or they do not even exist? Is it possible to create new ones ?

like BRAZILIAN mlrs ASTROS for example would be a great choice for weishi, but this is for civ4

Alternative, It would be nice to know how to replace the existing skins with others by our owns

I think also kinetic bombarment and sr1 blackbird should have other more complex or smart abilities in comparison to their existing ones that we have to use only one click and nothing else

Secondly, it would be nice to see some other medieval-renaissance Era wonders like pont du gard (engineering) krak de chevalier (machinery), golden pavilion, kronborg, fashil ghebbi, and versallies in industrial era

Last edited:
Top Bottom