[NFP] SV Bug in Apocalypse

dbwithlemon

Chieftain
Haven't seen it mentioned yet. But in my game this week, the turn after I launched my exoplanet expedition, my city that launched it was wiped out by a comet.

It set me to move at 0 per turn and I couldn't get moving until I set up some lasers.

Just an FYI for everyone.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet. But in my game this week, the turn after I launched my exoplanet expedition, my city that launched it was wiped out by a comet.

It set me to move at 0 per turn and I couldn't get moving until I set up some lasers.

Just an FYI for everyone.

That’s a nuisance. I hope they fix it in the forthcoming patch.

Is this a bug, though? I remember reading somewhere that pillaging the enemy spaceport was a way to stop exoplanet expedition progress, but haven't seen anywhere if that is an intended feature or not.

Is this a bug, though? I remember reading somewhere that pillaging the enemy spaceport was a way to stop exoplanet expedition progress, but haven't seen anywhere if that is an intended feature or not.

I think it’s always been the case in GS that losing the city would halt your ship, I didn’t think it was enough simply to pillage the spaceport! It still obviously doesn’t make sense though... but then again I hate the whole 50 turn wait mechanic anyway.

I mean it never really came up before, but with Apocalypse mode the chances of losing the city are obviously that much higher!

I think it’s always been the case in GS that losing the city would halt your ship, I didn’t think it was enough simply to pillage the spaceport! It still obviously doesn’t make sense though... but then again I hate the whole 50 turn wait mechanic anyway.

I mean it never really came up before, but with Apocalypse mode the chances of losing the city are obviously that much higher!

I think it makes some sense if you imagine needing to guide this expedition in some way... but then what would make even more sense is if it continued to travel as long as there is one spaceport, not just the spaceport that it was launched from.

The laser stations make more sense as a location-specific thing - where if that specific spaceport loses power or gets pillaged, they stop providing their effect

Top Bottom