sween32's Fantasy/LOTR Mod

no, as it says on the pic, the artist is Ted Nasmith. I have a few others that make great backgrounds, but I figured this was the best one that went along with the whole palace/castle in the background theme of the original pic.

I couldn't find this part of the message board, that's why it took so long to reply to this thread.

just a question but could people help me think of building names, and wonder names, ive got techs and units, but other thatn that i can't think of anything. thanks

Here it is.

http://casperfusion.com/civ3/FantasyMod.htm

Changes:
- Barbarians are no longer just Trolls (ie Rohan, Ents)
- Elvish UU Mounted Archer implemented
- Longbowman turned into 3/1 Construction
- Firelongbowman implemented, 4/2 Invention

This is all I can do for this mod due to no time. Modders can change it to their will and publish it if they wish.

I downloaded your mod and followed the directions on installation. I started playing the Dwarves and so far, I'm enjoying the game.

I've run into a couple of problems and I'm not sure how to fix them.

1) The race specific units are available to every race (at least the Dwarves so far). I've checked the .bic file and confirmed certain units are set to be available to specific races but for some reason it's not working correctly.
2) The default location for the units_32.pcx file is in the Mounted Archer folder. I copied the units_32.pcx over to the units folder but then discovered certain tiles are blank, like #73 (Wanderer).
3) Also concerning the Wanderer, the .ini file points to the Worker Modern folder, but I have a folder called Worker Modern Times instead. I think I can fix this one easily enough.
4) The game has a tendancy to crash on me fairly often. It could be because of the previous mentioned problems, but I can't be for sure.

I hope this helps. If I find anything else, I'll be sure to add it in another post.

I hope there is some way to fix this as I really like this mod pack.

Thanks,

Shultster

Originally posted by shultster

1) The race specific units are available to every race (at least the Dwarves so far). I've checked the .bic file and confirmed certain units are set to be available to specific races but for some reason it's not working correctly.

I have no idea what would cause this.

2) The default location for the units_32.pcx file is in the Mounted Archer folder. I copied the units_32.pcx over to the units folder but then discovered certain tiles are blank, like #73 (Wanderer).

3) Also concerning the Wanderer, the .ini file points to the Worker Modern folder, but I have a folder called Worker Modern Times instead. I think I can fix this one easily enough.

Seems like you're version is different or there's some serious problems. #73 is the Modern Worker icon, and I hope alot of people don't have the "Worker Modern Times" folder difference cause that will cause alot of complications.

I did not realize there was a units_32.pcx in the Mounted Archer folder. It must have come with the Horse Archer graphics, and it escaped my editing. Do not use this. It will be removed from the modpack.

4) The game has a tendancy to crash on me fairly often. It could be because of the previous mentioned problems, but I can't be for sure.

In my current game as my personal favorite civ, the Elves, I've been getting this problem alot too. The only way I can guarentee a crash is by conducting espionage on a Dwarven town. But other times it's random. This just started to happen though, and I'm almost into the 3rd age. I tested the errors by saving the game near the end of every turn, and on the rare occasion that it would crash, it would not happen again from the saved game.

There is no reason for this problem that I can see. I've tested all units and they all work fine. My last game I played was with the Dwarves (winning by cultural victory) and I had no problems whatsoever.

I hope somebody can find a solution, as this mod has been a much bigger success than I thought (too bad my CubaMod wasn't so successful) and I'd like to finally wrap up all problems and let it be.

Ok, I restored the original units_32.pcx and now everything looks fine. Also, I modified the Wanderer.ini file so it reflected my Worker Modern Times folder instead of the Worker Modern folder. I don't know how I would have a different version other than the fact that I've upgraded with the v1.17f fixpack.

The crashes I've had have been similiar to the ones you've described. I would replay from the autosave and do something slightly different and the game would continue on.

I try play a new game with the fixes I've made from your suggestions and see what happens. Hopefully the race specific units will work correctly this time.

Thanks for your help...kewl mod pack :goodjob:

Shultster :cooool:

how's the play of this mod going? any stories?

When I find some precious time I'm going to take the new patch and redue this mod. I'm not sure when this will be but it should be soon.

Top Bottom