sween32

The Worthless
Here is the final version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Download:
http://casperfusion.com/civ3/FantasyMod.htm

S W E E N 3 2 ' s F A N T A S Y / L O T R M O D 3 . 0

Ok, it's not completely Tolkien-correct, but the books were written from an imagination, so use your own.

I'll get to details of the Civs and the UU's in a sec, but first the best civ's for your style of gameplay...
Best Overall Civ: Dwarves
Best Domination Civ: Southron
Best Conquer Civ: Southron
Best Diplomatic Civ: Hobbits
Best Space Race Civ (if the chart went that high): Merfolk. Ironic, huh?

U N I T A D D - O N S / R E P L A C E M E N T S

BRAVE
Replaces Warrior for Civilizations who aren't supposed to have big burly barbarians.
Same stats as Warrior

PONY
Replaces horsemen for Dwarves and Hobbits
Cost: 2
A/T/M: 1/2/2
Upgrades to: Knight
Pre: Horseback Riding, Requires: Horses

WANDERER
Once there is Literature, the Hobbits are off to write their novels and the Dwarves are off to record locations of new resources.
A/T/M: 0/0/1
Pre: Literature
Abilites: Build Colony, All terrain as road

FIRE LONGBOWMAN
Longbowman is turned into a 3/1 unit that shows up a bit earlier, and it's old position is replaced by Fire Longbowman, a 4/2 unit.
Cost: 4
A/T/M: 4/2/1
Pre: Invention

C I V I L I Z A T I O N S

T R O L L S

The Barbarian Tribes

D U N E D A N

Leader: King Elros
Bonuses: Militaristic, Religious
Free Techs: Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial

UU: Ranger
Cost: 7
A/T/M: 2/4/4
Pre: Chivalry, Requires: Iron

G A R G O Y L E S

Leader: Mistress Echidna
Bonuses: Industrious, Religious
Free Techs: Masonry, Ceremonial Burial

UU: Overseer
Cost: 6
A/T/M: 3/5/1 (defensive unit)
Pre: Construction

S P R I T E

Leader: Emporer Ceres
Bonuses: Religious, Commercial
Free Techs: Ceremonial Burial, Alphabet

UU: Faerie Noble
Cost: 4
A/T/M: 2/1/2
S/R/F: 2/2/2
Pre: Mysticism
Abilities: Bombard

G O N D O R

Leader: King Isildur
Bonuses: Militaristic, Commercial
Free Techs: The Wheel, Masonry

UU: Schiltron
Cost: 3
A/T/M: 2/3/1 (defensive unit)
Pre: Fuedalism, Requires: Iron
Abilities: Draft

D W A R V E S

Leader: King Balen
Bonuses: Industrious, Scientific
Free Techs: Masonry, Bronze Working

UU: Axeman
A/T/M: 3/4/1
Pre: Iron Working, Requires: Iron

H O B B I T S

Leader: Madaam Lobelia
Bonuses: Scientific, Commerical
Free Techs: Alphabet, Bronze Working

UU: Guard
A/T/M: 1/4/1 (defensive unit)
Pre: Bronze Working (nullified by free techs)

I M P

Leader: Cheeff Thugg
Bonuses: Militaristic, Expansionist
Free Techs: Warrior Code, Pottery

UU: Raider ( NASTY UNIT )
Cost: 8
A/T/M: 4/3/2
S/R/F: 4/3/2
Pre: Chivalry
Abilities: Bombard

G I A N T S

Leader: King Goliath
Bonuses: Militaristic, Industrious
Free Techs: Warrior Code, Masonry

UU: Aggressor
A/T/M: 4/3/2

S O U T H R O N S

Leader: Lord Sauron
Bonuses: Militaristic, Religious
Free Techs: Warrior Code, The Wheel

UU: Wraithrider
Cost: 8
A/T/M: 4/4/2
Pre: Chivalry, Requires: Iron, Horses
Abilities: HIDDEN NATIONALITY

C E N T A U R S

Leader: Leader Chiron
Bonuses: Religious, Commerical
Free Techs: Ceremonial Burial, Alphabet

UU: Hunter
A/T/M: 3/1/2
Pre: Hoseback Riding, Requires: Horses

G N O M E S

Leader: Governor Tomkey
Bonuses: Industrious, Expansionist
Free Techs: Masonry, Pottery

UU: Garden Dweller
Cost: 6
A/T/M: 3/3/2
Abilities: build road, irrigate, plant forest, clear pollution, join city

M E R F O L K

Leader: King Nedakh
Bonuses: Industrious, Scientific
Free Techs: Alphabet Writing

UU: Mermaid
A/T/M: 0/0/3 (sea unit)

G O B L I N S

Leader: Great Zarrangggelburrugg
Bonuses: Militaristic, Scientific
Free Techs: Warrior Code, Bronze Working

UU: Wolf Rider
A/T/M: 4/3/3

O R C

Leader: General Halforc
Bonuses: Militaristic, Expansionist
Free Techs: Warrior Code, Pottery

UU: Urak Hai
A/T/M: 1/2/2
Pre: Bronze Working

W O O D - E L V E S

Leader: King Elvenking
Bonuses: Expansionist, Commerical
Free Techs: Masonry, Alphabet

UU: Wood Archer
A/T/M: 2/2/1
Pre: Warrior Code

E L V E S

Leader: Lady Galadriel
Bonuses: Scientific, Religious
Free Techs: Bronze Working, Ceremonial Burial

UU: Mounted Archer
A/T/M: 4/3/1
Abilities: All terrain as road, Blitz

Download:
http://casperfusion.com/civ3/FantasyMod.htm

sounds nice
but how about evryone having diffrent unit and there should be no planes no tanks no space race
:nuke: :cry: :nuke:
ok se the mowie read the books to get the units

:sniper: :sheep:
:cry: :cry:

Of course.

For example, only certain civ's can make horsemen. If they can make horsemen, then they can't make archers, and visa versa. If they can't make either then their UU is usually really nasty.

There are riflemen but that's not until you learn gunpowder and that comes with much much much much much research later in the third age.

It's a simple mod with no new animations, but it has an extremely quick download time, it works well, and (most importantly) it's very fun. Especially with the Dwarves. :)

oh, and there's only three ages, which should create a nice climax cause they'll be plenty of time for war without paying for advances.

sounds good, im at work right now (yes it sucks)... but will be downloading it tonight when i get home, sounds like a little tweaking might be in order (no offense i hope, im just that big of a tolkien fan), but i have been wanting to find a good fantasy mod, and this one i think would take the cake.

if you dont like the idea of someone messin with your mod lemme know, but if i change anything i'll send it to you first.

i just wanted to say that you did a great job on this. i'm in the mid of a game with the dwarves and haveing a blast!!

the one prob with it is that there aren't enought civ specific units. if you don't mind i'm thinking about adding more stuff to it in general. more troops more buildings that sort of thing.

if i post it on here i'll give you a lot of credit. however i won't do anything unless i have your permision. thanks for the mod :cool: :goodjob:

Actually, adding to it would be great!

I was actually hoping somebody would because even though I'm a Tolkien fan, I don't know enough about it to create an entire accurate mod and I'm glad just to get the ball rolling.

Just make sure you post it cause I want it too.

The mod sounds great!
Would someone be so kind as to give me instructions for installing it correctly....I suck at comp tech stuff :confused:

Thanks.....

thanks. i'll make sure I post it. what do you do to post a mod anyways? do you just zip it and attach it to an e-mail or what?

anyways I've redone the tech tree for the most part and changed the governments, and the civs a little, but for the most part left those alone. alos changed uranium to mithril and aluminum to refined iron. if you have any ideas for more units let me know. oh I also made 2 different troll units for the barbarians only, and changed they're chip to pirates. what's going to take the longest is the units. there won't be any new graphics unfortunatly:cry: cause i don't have the know how or the programs to do it.
anyways that's what's going with it right now.

There is a prophet unit out there what you may wish to incorporate inot your mod as a wizard or something.

Other units you may consider adding are the crossbowman and the fire archer.

Cool looking units would make this mod something special.:goodjob:

I was actually going to add the crossbowman and the fire longbowman (would be available to all civs that don't have bows in the mod, except southron cause the wraithriders are just too nasty) in the next version.

But I was waiting for the Mounted Archer to come out (what happened to it? it looked so good!) for the Elves UU and the Midievil Axeman (so the Dwarves UU actually looks like an axeman instead of a legionaire.) I also was waiting something I could use for the Giants UU, Aggressor, so it didn't look like a simple warrior.

The whole point to the mod is small download size and imagination. The goblins don't have to look like goblins. Who cares if the orcs look the same as dwarves? I saw somebody else making a Tolkien mod with new graphics for every unit for every civ. Imagine downloading that mother? Foget downloading it, MAKING it! I'd rather use my imagination.

thanks for the idea godlearner. as isaid before i can't make new graphics. i really wish i could but i can't. i have the prophet unit and you right, it would make a good wizard. i'll do what i can about making it more wizardish.

i'm open to anymore ideas, and if i think of any i'll let you know sween. it'll probably be a copule of days before i get done however. and then i'll have to make sure it works so it may be a little while. i'll get it done as fast as i can however.

i have a mod made already but its got a ton of resources no water and i messed with the terrain and some other stuf and the culture for some of the buildings is is different (like a marketplace wouldn't get you a little culture. it's just to much for me cause you've got stuff from other places coming in). anyways if you want to try it i'll get it on here.

i'm about to the end of my rope with the units. if you have anyideas let me know andi'll tell you if i've got it yet. it owuld take a long time to put a list of them here so i won't . . . .yet.

also buildings and wonder/small wonders would be very welcome. i don't want to get rid of any for a lack of ideas but i'll be hard pressed to think up enough.

that's all for now.

axid

here is a beta test of the mod, it is not finished bu i wanted some input before i finished. it may be in a wole lot of parts. cause of how big it is. if you want a list of neew units let me know and i'll get it on here.

edit. sorry to anyone who has downloaded this. i had some units graphics i couldn't get to work so i replaced them. there is still something wrong so if someone wants to go in and make sure i have the right unit graphics with the right thing, please let me know andlet me know if something is wrong. that's it for now.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• new mid earth mod. beta 1.zip
    42 KB · Views: 237
please ignore this. it was a mistake.

I'm a big fan of LOTR and very excited about playing this mod pack, however, I have not had any luck installing or playing it.

I'm using the orginal download and extracted all the files to Scenarios/sween32's Fantasy Mod then I copied the Civilopedia.txt file to the sween32's Fantasy Mod directory and added the ~Add to Civilopedia.txt contents to it.

The game starts just fine, but as soon as I try to build a brave, then game crashes...help.

I'm using Windows XP on a P4 1.6GHz w/256MB and I've upgraded Civ3 to v1.17f.

Any suggestions?

Richard

Here's a title I made from a pic of Minas Tirith.

attached at the bottom is the ready to use pcx put it in the civ3\art\ directory. Feel free to add it to your mod!

Attachments

• mizaq-minas-title.zip
    447.9 KB · Views: 200
mizaq, that looks awesome. i'll definatley include that in my version of the mod.

Umm...why can't the races be more tolkien-correct? I can easily come up with 16 middle-earth nations/races...we don't need centaurs, gargoyles, and sprites in it. Also, I didn't see it, but is there a middle-earth map? or is this just a mod of other things?

I wanted to make a LOTR/Fantasy mod to satisify fantasy fans (although I admit I wouldn't mind have Easterlings)

My final version should be coming out soon. It is all I can do due to workand life, but other modders are free to do what they want to and publish it.

Since the Horse Archer is out (big grin), the elves will have that as their UU (the Mounted Archer) graphic (before it was just the longbowman graphics). Also, since the archer civs are very weak on the defensive side, i'll be adding a defensive archer unit.

Alot of stuff will be fixed, but I still have to work out some kinks.

Top Bottom