System requirements are out!

Well, I should be good then. My i5's only a 3rd gen but everything else is at/above recommended. Some tinkering and it'll likely run well. Glad I got a new monitor recently so I can have a much better resolution!

Can somebody competent please have a look on my stuff?

+ I have 27'' BenQ GW2765HT monitor (2560x1440).

It seems pretty obvious that I am doing great with Memory, Hard Drive, Processor and monitor.

Not sure about graphics though, I do not have separate video card but there is one integrated in the processor (if I remember correctly). Any idea if it is good enough? I want to be on "recommended" level at least.

Thanks

EDIT: If video card is not good enough, any recommendations which to buy? Good enough, but cheapest one, I need it for Civ 6 only.

For comparison, these are the Civilization 5 requirements:

Spoiler :
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics:256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free

But recommended GPU for Civ 5 is FAR, FAR A WAY too weak for that (Civ 5) game...
Also these specs for Civ 6 are kinda similar to XCOM 2 which sucks in case of performance...

CNot sure about graphics though, I do not have separate video card but there is one integrated in the processor (if I remember correctly). Any idea if it is good enough? I want to be on "recommended" level at least.

Unlike Civ5, there's no mention about integrated Intel graphics even in minimal requirements. You may be unable to run the game at all. Although most likely it will be playable in strategic view.

Hmm, the only place where I might come up a *little* short is on the video card. It's above the minimum requirements, but lower than the recommended-specifically mine is an AMD R7 220 Card.

Still, it's pretty clear I'll be able to play the game with few issues!

Also these specs for Civ 6 are kinda similar to XCOM 2 which sucks in case of performance...

Humm.. thats not good, being firaxis probably uses same graphics engine...

The problem is always the graphics card, or they make good use of it or not.

Is the i7 2600k able to run the recommended specs? I dont know what 4th generation means.

An i7 should be able to run it easily, assuming your RAM and Video Card are up to the task!

Humm.. thats not good, being firaxis probably uses same graphics engine...

The problem is always the graphics card, or they make good use of it or not.
XCOM used a very different engine. For civ 6 the engine has been built from the ground up, in house.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Unlike Civ5, there's no mention about integrated Intel graphics even in minimal requirements. You may be unable to run the game at all. Although most likely it will be playable in strategic view.

I can verify this.

With Intel integrated, Civ 5 normal view is a mess, but strategic runs just fine.

I don't mind. Gameplay looks clearer anyway.

crossing my fingers...

I have an i3-530@ 3,66 ghz, ati r280, 12gb ram. My gpu will do i guess, but the cpu might not. I guess I'm gonna give it a shot. What do you guys think? Any suggestions regarding upgrades?

Just checked, not updated yet. Hopefully soon. I don't have a gaming PC so I'm not sure if my computer will play it... Still ordered it though :D

Anyone know if I can?

I have this computer.

Graphic Card is quite weak, but you should be able to play the game.Processor is good.

I can verify this.

With Intel integrated, Civ 5 normal view is a mess, but strategic runs just fine.

I don't mind. Gameplay looks clearer anyway.

My PC has Intel HD integrated and I can run an 18 civ game normally (not in strategic) fairly well with mid to low settings, but I think my (3rd gen) I7 and extra RAM (8gb total) were making it possible. Beyond Earth also runs decently. I'm gonna try minimum settings at first, and strategic if that isn't really flowing. Hopefully I can get this working. May need to sacrifice background processes to clear out RAM (which I believe, please correct me if nor, is where Integrated pulls RAM from), however. Been meaning to do that anyway.

Nice to finally have this revealed. My laptop should run it pretty well, a nice change after difficult times with civIV and V. And with only 12gb of space required I should be able to squeeze it on the SSD.

So I guess it's time to pre-order the game for good.

Just checked, not updated yet. Hopefully soon. I don't have a gaming PC so I'm not sure if my computer will play it... Still ordered it though :D

Anyone know if I can?

I have this computer.

If you click on the My Computer Details tab on their site, you can download a small .exe (assuming you trust them) file that will itemize your system for easier comparison with the specs.

I need to check mine when I get home. I will get more RAM 'cause I can, but I may need a new Video Card. :eek:

I have an AMD Phenom X6 1055T (2.8 ghz) processor... Seems to be about 40 % worse on most specs than the recommended processor. Am I in trouble? I like to play on big maps (not huge though), to boot... Should I use up my quota of :sad::sad::sad: for the year, because there's no way I can afford a processor upgrade just now?

EDIT: I guess I confused minimum with recommended specs... Since it's the processor that's the bottleneck though, it might mean that I'll be restricted to playing on smaller maps. Oh well, as long as I can play at all it's not too bad.

Meh, I have an I5 3570K but its overclocked to 4 gigs so all should be fine. I FAR exceed all those specs by a long shot.

Notice that the OS MUST be 64 bit which is a good thing!

Top Bottom