T3 External Consulate: MAs against the French?

Which MAs against the French?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bertie

Prince
The French have attacked us. We are busy with the Dutch and are about to finish off the Indians, but we should be able to take their city of Marseilles and possibly Avignon, which are located on our subcontinent. In meantime, we’d like to enter into several MAs against the French to punish them and to weaken some of our allies. These are the deals we can strike:

Maya will give us 1 GPT & 63 gold;
China will give us 41 gold;
Portugal will give us 16 gold;
Spain will enter an MA only if we give it 232 gold.
Japan will enter into an MA if we give it currency; it will also give us 1 gold.

The External Consulate suggests we enter into MAs with all 5 civs. The net cost to us will be 91 gold.

However, we’ll poll the following combinations of alliances:

MCP (Maya, China, Portugal) plus Spain and Japan.
MCP plus just Spain.
MCP plus just Japan.
MCP only.
Abstain/No MAs at all (I forgot to include the Abstain option on the actual poll, so if you wish to abstain vote "NO" and explain below.)

Discussion can be found HERE .

This is a public poll.
This poll will last 24 hours.
Select one option only.

i voted for all, although the cost you said isnt right, as MA increase in cost as you sign more, you could say the amount of allies we get for our money decreases as we get more (the law of diminshing returns, in other news i got 96% in my first economics asignment of the year)

This poll is invalid. Where is abstain? :p

I voted MCP only. I am quite indifferent about Japan (but would let them keep the 1 gold, IIRC their rep receives only a small hit if they break a deal with lump sum on their side).

Portugal should be able to hit France pretty hard with those AC's. Signing up Spain as well could easily lead to France's demise. Also, I don't like paying for it.
if you want to sign up Spain, you might consider paying in part lump sum and in part gpt.

CivGeneral said:
This poll is invalid. Where is abstain? :p

Yeah, I screwed this up as I said in the opening post:

Abstain/No MAs at all (I forgot to include the Abstain option on the actual poll, so if you wish to abstain vote "NO" and explain below.)

I'll be issuing instructions to enter into MAs with Maya, China, and Portugal as it's clear there is considerable support for those MAs. The poll closes shortly before the deadline for changes to the turnchat instructions, so I'll check again at that time to see whether the votes are there to also enter into MAs with Spain and/or Japan.

Actually.... :)

I don't know if I support the MA with China. It forces us into 20 turns peace with the Chinese. It should be OK, but maybe we could want to take them out b4 then?

Having said that we need a little building phase IMO and if this lasts 10 turns into Republic then fine. Go ahead Bertie. :D I'm talking out of my hat.

Poll is closed. We'll go MAs with Maya, China, & Portugal.

mad-bax said:
It forces us into 20 turns peace with the Chinese. It should be OK, but maybe we could want to take them out b4 then?

I think we want to keep the Chinese occupied with as many wars as possible for the moment. It'll likely be 20 turns before we'll have troops ready to attack them anyway. If we decide to do a ROP and explore their territory, as we've discussed, it could be longer than that. We may end up just ditching the idea of the ROP in that currently all our troops are tied up in more pressing concerns, and we may not want to delay our war with China that long. Unless, of course, we decide to exploit our ROP to position our troops . . . :mischief:

Bertie said:
Yeah, I screwed this up as I said in the opening post
No worries, I just did not vote since I felt it was not right voting in an invalid poll without an Abstain. Next time that happens, ask a friendly mod in the forums to add it in :).

Top Bottom