1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Table Prayers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Swedishguy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. QuoVadisNation

QuoVadisNation keeping your angel alive

My family doesn't do table prayers, except when both my Polish grandmothers come over for Thanksgiving and the like. And in those instances, they're always in Polish; so I barely have any idea what they're saying anyway.

2. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Is a table required for this? Weird.....

3. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Yes I would assume for table prayers you would need a table.

4. QuoVadisNation

QuoVadisNation keeping your angel alive

Table prayer is just another word for prayer before a meal (considering how most meals take place on a table :) ) Would one need a table? I don't know. :lol:

5. dh_epic

dh_epic Cold War Veteran

It depends on the event. For my family, it usually comes whenever there's a more extended family there -- like with my aunts and uncles and grandparents. That's usually Easter and Christmas, but occasionally it might be a birthday or even mother's or father's day.

Usually someone just kind of makes it up as they go along. Expressing thanks.

6. b etor

b etor princess

my family is very strongly catholic, so we always say grace before eating a meal. i tend to not when i'm not with them tho.

7. Shadylookin

Shadylookin master debater

my family doesn't. if god wanted thanks he should have got his butt down here and cooked the food.

8. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

No, a table isnt required. I mean you would still bless your food if you were on a blanket at a picnic.