• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tactical AI will be updated in patch (official)

EmpireOfCats

Death to Giant Robots
The list of changes in the upcoming patch has new entries. This one looks really good:

Military – Defensive tactical AI update. When you are at war and threatening an enemy city, the AI will better utilize the garrison, as well as the surrounding terrain in defense of the target city.

We're getting there. Patch ETA is still this week.

Very cool, looks like some good new additions. I hadn't seen this one either:

•City - Add a Puppet city strategy that turns off training buildings and emphasizes gold. (new 10/14)
(Great change by itself, and it implies that there are other Puppet city "strategies?" Wonder how those will be implemented in-game.)

Very cool, looks like some good new additions. I hadn't seen this one either:

(Great change by itself, and it implies that there are other Puppet city "strategies?" Wonder how those will be implemented in-game.)

Or it means they're adding a "Puppet City" strategy to the AI's list of city strategies, i.e. no change from the player perspective. Since the AI governs build order in puppet cities, having a specific strategy for governors of all puppet cities would let them make puppet cities less draining.

And incidentally, focusing them on gold is an AWESOME idea.

Long way to go, but I still maintain that the bones of a great game are here. It feels like it was pushed out early, but as long as they continue to support it it'll get there.

Or it means they're adding a "Puppet City" strategy to the AI's list of city strategies, i.e. no change from the player perspective. Since the AI governs build order in puppet cities, having a specific strategy for governors of all puppet cities would let them make puppet cities less draining.

I forget where I saw it, probably in the last few pages of the big patchnote thread, but it was confirmed to be basically this; a new city governor AI to be applied to puppet cities, nothing different to the player's eyes except better build/tile choices.

Great new additions, this patch is looking amazing for a 1st real patch. Love the puppet city changes, obvious resource buildings needed to go but i'm interested in how the other change is implemented, i would really like that they wouldn't build training buildings at all as they can't even use them.

Top Bottom