1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tanks Obsolete?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eduardo72, Nov 1, 2016.

1. GhostSalsa

GhostSalsa Emperor

One could argue that players who only use optimal strats on a totally imbalanced, eventually to be double- and triple-patched, and 'very hard to get a challenge from the AI in' game, as if there's some "weird way" to play infinite-deal solitaire, are doing something wrong. The game is broken just have fun

2. Woobyluv

Woobyluv Chieftain

There needs to be a mechanism that once a unit is obsolete by a % of the players, all civs are assumed access to the resource to then build units. You are still way behind but not so much that you can't catch up.

3. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

Just get rid of unit obsolescence. Have a filter for showing/hiding units based on era. Solves overcrowding the production list and doesn't hurt gameplay at all.

Oh, and make unit upgrades more expensive in total (adding the initial value of the old unit) than building the new units from scratch.

George Abitbol likes this.
  4. mnf

mnf King

I'm not sure that's a good idea. The strategic resource grab is part of the game. If a player is looking to take out that part of the game, there's the abundant resources option.

5. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

I think overall I like strategic resources, but there are definitely some implementation issues that need to be resolved. It seems silly that I can reach a point technologically that I can launch a manned mars mission, yet be unable to defend myself because my people forgot how to make planes without aluminum or even how to ride a horse. It also seems silly that I can roll a huge Pangaea map with abundant resources and only have 1 oil resource on the entire landmass.

I like the idea of being able to build obsolete units (at least the previous in the tree), maybe at a production and upgrade cost adjusted for inflation of resources (to help negate the possibility of production of cheap units then upgrading exploit that would probably happen otherwise)

Maybe give this more expensive unit a slight buff for the increased upgrade cost? Maybe remove resource requirements for this obsolete unit? Idk, just tossing out ideas, try not to hate too hard, I know most of my ideas are bad

skyclad likes this.
  6. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

Another guy that wanted to build obsolete units was the Duke of Wellington. He said if he had 5,000 Longbow men, he would have easily defeated Napoleon. The problem was nobody knew how to shoot them anymore.