tao_1 vanilla emperor training/succession game

tao

Deity
When looking at this thread, I see a dire lack of Macintosh/vanilla games. With me having finished both gotm48 and sgotm8, I have spare time for civ.

Thus I want to enquire about players interested in a vanilla succession game with strong training elements. We will discuss options and alternatives much more frequently than in usual succession games. Potential participants are 4-5 players (preferably on Macintosh) on the regent/monarch level wanting to improve their game and willing to trust me in guiding them. In case you are interested, please post. And of course one or two more experts for guidance are also welcome.

Please be warned that some people consider me sometimes to be "direct" in my postings. :blush:

tao said:
Please be warned that some people consider me sometimes to be "direct" in my postings. :blush:

I can vouch for that. ;) I'll be sure to shadow this one. For anyone interested, tao is the real deal. He's the Bobby Knight of Civ3. :)

1. Yes, vanilla Macintosh and vanilla Windows are compatible.
  2. No, I never posted "comfortable at sid"; this was just attributed to me.
  3. No, not Greece; I already have a starting position in mind. (Those who recognize it, please keep quite.)

Attachments

• tao_1_start.jpg
    tao_1_start.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 483
Interesting start, forces players to consider placement of their first settlement. A placement one tile to the south will allow the luxury tile to be improved, as well as keep the bonus tiles to the west within the city's radius after borders expand. Also, the bonus game resource remains accessible. Moving the worker first may illuminate more terrain, but not much since there is not a hill or mountain to move on for several turns at least. Definitely want to remain by the freshwater, for city growth beyond 6 w/ out an aqueduct.

I need all the help I can get.

But I must warn you, I tend to be verbose. Not wise or smart or correct, just verbose. You will know what I am thinking.

This is a sign-up (my wife will kill me :D )

CommandoBob

I won't have time to actually play this, but I will be following. I have won at Emperor once - GOTM 42, but I'm not 100% comfortable there.

Is there room for questions/input from the peanut gallery on this one, or should we just stay out of the way?

I'm just getting started at CivIII, so I doubt I'm up for a game of emperor (about 3/4 of the way through my first Chief game), but I have a Mac and would love to play a succession game with folks. If tao thinks I can limp along with everyone, I'll join, otherwise I'll just lurk and learn what I can.

Sign me up. I can hold my own on higher difficulty levels, but I certainly am not as hardcore as alot of the people on here so im all for it, plus, i am a good listener.

If there's still any room, I'd like to join :)

Geez, look at your post:day ratio! :eek: Although, it does seem that many members have multi-thousand postcounts, unlike most other forums.

I prefer lurking. :)

I agree, spamming providing discussion is good for learning. :D

Anyway, what VC, and are there any variants/rules?

Ah. I like legions, and I humbly suggest we go for (early) conquest.

Top Bottom