TCIT: Sunday July 16, 3pm MST/PDT (-7), 2200 GMT

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
The next turnchat is scheduled for:

Wednesday July 19, 1900 GMT (2000 BST) 2PM CDT

Handed off to Oldbus due to conflicts with the time. And never did get that template edited in... :blush: :coffee:

President

Move the science slider up to you are either breaking even or slightly losing gold. Then let the game adjust it.

Send the settler to "red dot". Name it "Red dot" till we can get a formal naming poll.

robboo said:
Some suggestions...try to finish that settler(BW) towards the end of the TC. I think we will repoll/discuss its settlement location. Dont stop play just for it..it can sit a little while.

The settler's finished - it's already 1W2S of BW. I think it should probably stop where it is for now.

BTW, I'll post an updated Atlas tomorrow morning (done most of the work, but I'm too tired just now)

OK I will correct that...I didnt see it and forgot to check on the BW build que.

Secretary of State
cancel copper for 4gpt deal (Russia) and make a wheat for 5gpt deal (also Russia), if Peter doesn't accept then make a clam for 5gpt deal.

At the moment, I don't think we should get a peace deal, but if war weariness is getting to high, or a large stack of Bismarck threatens our lands, then try making a peace deal with him giving us something, or a peace deal with no-one giving anything.

Stop if: -we meet a new civ, -someone declares war on us.

Instructions for West Licentia:

Abydos--complete the market and set to catapult. If war finishes assign one citzen to the horse and the other to the grass.
Old Sarai and Constitution Falls--if war finishes change the city to maximum growth and change the build to barracks.

Auda City - has to go backwards for a little while. Work all hammer tiles and the pigs - they will be starving this winter. The build queue is fine.

Toot Uncommon - Move the citizen from the cottage on the river 1S2W of the city to the forest 2N. Add a sword to the build queue, or if peace declared, build granary.

Bascilica - Maximise hammers first, and food second. Add a sword to the build queue. Whip units if city is in danger.

Unless the MoI has other plans, the worker India can mine the hill 2S1W of Toot ( it is there now), and worker Juliet can farm the river bend (replace the cottage) 1S2W of Toot.

It may be necessary to push this one back a bit. We tried to see Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday and it was completely sold out, so we're trying again today. If it's rescheduled it will be 10PM Monday night (0500 Tuesday morning GMT).

Aargh! Hope TC is late - otherwise I am :(

Instructions:

Basic Plan

To attack Berlin without suffering damage to land in Licentia

Strategies

Move cats (with defenders) to Berlin and reduce the defences. Suicide the cats to soften up the defenders and then release further troops to finish the job. The tiles we'll use for the attack are the hill 1N of Berlin and the pigs 1NW of Berlin.

Maintain a strong garrison in Basillica which is the most likely point of German counter-attack and at least 2 defenders in other border cities.

Maintain some defenders on our borders to cover counter-attacks and provide refuge for any seriously damaged troops.

Promotions

Please carry out any promotions I explicitly mention below. If I don't mention a possible promotion, leave that unit unpromoted unless it is likely to be in conflict with the enemy (in attack or defence). In that case, promote as seems most appropriate to you at the time.

Pre-turn

Rename archer 'Def3 a' (2S of Toot Uncommon) to 'TU garr b' and move to Toot Uncommon.
Rename the crossbow 'Def1 d' (2N1W of Basillica) to 'Ba garr j' and move to Basillica.
Rename archer 'Ba garr i' (in Basillica) to 'Def2 d' and promote to Guerilla I. Move it to forest 2E1S of Basillica.
Move axe 'Def1b' (in Fort Impervious) to forest 1SW of Basillica.
Move archer 'Def2 a' (2NE of Basillica) to hilly jungle one square NE.
Ensure archer 'Ba garr b' (1N2E of Basillica) is fortified.
Move 2 catapults (1NW of Basillica) to the forest 2E1S of Basillica.
Rename horse archer 'Ba garr d' (in Basillica) to 'Def1 e' and move to forest 1SW of Basillica.
Move the two cats 3N1W of Basillica to the forest 1SW of Basillica.

Attack units

The units grouping 2E1S of Basillica are attack group Alpha and the ones grouping 1SW of Ba are attack group Beta. Alpha will go to the hill 1N of Berlin and Beta will go to the pigs 1NE of Berlin. Neither should set off until BOTH have the minimum units:
Alpha - Sword, 3 cats, spear
Beta - archer, horse archer, 2 cats.

Once both are ready, start moving. Each one can attack Berlin as soon it is in position.

Cats should be promoted Barrage I if poss. If further promos are available, then: Accuracy for 1 or 2 if city defences still in place, otherwise mixture of Barrage II, Combat I and City Raid I. Further promos for a cat should follow it's predecessor (eg City raid II, combat II).

Use horse archers to pillage stuff we are on, or tiles closer to Licentia. Also the farm and village north of Dortmund if it looks safe. Retreat if danger.

Once defences are down, sacrifice cats and then use other units as appropriate.

Attacking German units

Attack units in Germany if got 80% or better chance of winning.
Attack units in Licentia south of Basillica if got 65% or better chance. If units penetrate past Basillica use appropriate nearby troops to eliminate them.

Other Units

Basillica Garrison: This should remain at 1 axe, 1 crossbow and 2 archers minimum.
The guards with the units 1E of Basillica should remain with those workers.
Crossbow to complete in NPC in 1 turn: move to forest 1 SW of Basillica and fortify.

Any other units that move of get built: reinforce whichever attack group requires them.

Building

If you can build military units and have no instructions, consider cat, spear, crossbow, axe.

Govenor of boaring Wallow (if this TC hasn't been played yet)

Finish the horse archer (5 turns). Start another HA. We should be able to get 2 out this TC, I think.

Official Instructions from the Minister of the Interior

Worker Actions
The stack containing workers Alpha, Bravo, Delta, and Echo, should be busy building roads in West Licentia. Please continue building the roads with the following priority (ignore the rally point):

The stack containing workers Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, and Kilo, should be busy building roads in Auda Minor. Please continue building the roads with the following priority (ignore the rally point):

Charlie will continue to build farms around Fort Impervious. Build farms on the grassland tiles first (2S and ENE), followed by the plains tiles (1E and SSE).

India and Juliet should continue chopping Jungle near Toot Uncommon.

Please do not let any worker remain within 2 moves of any enemy troops. If you have to hide out in a city for a while to avoid the enemy, please do so.

I'm pretty sure I'm next up. I think I will play it at 20:00 BST (19:00 GMT) on Wed 19 July.

Are you going to keep these instructions?

Yes - I can't see why they would need to be changed. It saves everyone a load of hassle if I don't try and post another TC thread.

PM dave and ask him to change the title?

What part of America?

GeorgeOP said:
What time is that in America. I just can't figure this time thing out.

I'm assuming you're in Milwaukee. According to a site I found by Google (www.timeanddate.com), you're currently 5 hours behind GMT, so it would be 14:00 Milwaukee time.

Top Bottom