Team Pitboss - BTS

I tried it with and without password. Nothing [pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

For me it is in sync now. Do you know what it means to be in sync or out of sync?

Nope, but I'm pretty sure we want it in sync. So it should be OK now.

And I don't think that the problem is the game's password. If it is, I can add one easily.

Just another chat advertisement. Get on chat, look at the OP of "Social Hang-out: Meet other people."

Nope, but I'm pretty sure we want it in sync. So it should be OK now.

And I don't think that the problem is the game's password. If it is, I can add one easily.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with having a password or not.

Is it via Hamachi or not?

Yes. Use the directions in the first post but connect to this IP instead: 5.33.126.14

Anyone else have trouble logging in?

So far SilentConfusion, Mayic, Fireflames, Nabaxo, RasmCiv, Zach :)confused:) and I have logged in and made our turn.

Someone called Zach (his leader name) logged in into Harvman's civ (Ragnar of the Holy Roman Empire). Is that you, harvman?

It seems that I just can register there for a free of charge test abonnement. And after that? Do I have to pay for it?

You won't have to pay for it. The free version is fine for what we're doing.

EDIT: Make sure you're downloading the LogMeIn Hamachi program. I accidentally downloaded one of the other LogMeIn versions first.

It seems that I just can register there for a free of charge test abonnement. And after that? Do I have to pay for it?

I thought that too. But you only have to pay for it if you are going to use it commercially.

One question: why exactly did we have to use Hamachi instead of the normal Direct IP? I mean, you guys could've just connected straight to me rather than connect with Hamachi.

I copied and pasted.
HOLY $#!% r20 is that what you have been doing all along?!?:eek:

You CAN NOT copy-paste! You have to type the IP out.:) Sometimes (not always) when you copy-paste the IP it does not work. This has happened to me before.

I hope it works for you now... Computers are so finicky:badcomp:
One question: why exactly did we have to use Hamachi instead of the normal Direct IP
If you have a static IP and you know how t set up a pitboss with it, then we don't need Hamachi at all. You can just give us your direct IP and we can connect that way...:woohoo:

But if you have a dynamic IP (that changes all the time, like from a phone or cable company) then you have to take some additional steps to make it work. If you know how to do this (I don't) then again, we can just connect to you directly, without Hamachi.

Otherwise, we need Hamachi.

Hope that helps:)

Well, you could use dyndns for dynamic IPs. But I think Hamachi is just fine.

Oh and copy-pasting works perfectly fine for me. :p

Wait, so we don't need Hamachi after all!? :eek:

So how do I go from hosting the pitboss on my Hamachi IP to my normal IP? Do I just go offline from Hamachi and the game will automatically move back to my actual IP?

I'm going to go try that now, which means the pitboss may be down for a while. However I'm not really sure if it will work so I'm backing up the game (saving it) on my computer.

EDIT: OK, so I went offline from Hamachi, went onto BtS, and logged in like I would normally do. But it still doesn't use my normal IP, it uses the Hamachi IP. Also I found out two things: I don't need to be online on Hamachi to host it, because I could log on fine. And also I found out that you guys don't need to be online on Hamachi to be able to connect. So you don't even need to download Hamachi.

Ok, I'm going to try to remake this pitboss on my own IP. But I saved it so you guys don't have to start over.

If you just give us your direct IP we should be able to connect... As long as you don't use a router.

If you use a router, there is a possibility that the router will not be able to tell which computer on your network to route the Pitboss traffic to. Port forwarding comes into play here, but again, I am not sure exactly how to do it.

Yes. Use the directions in the first post but connect to this IP instead: 5.32.42.244

Anyone else have trouble logging in?

So far SilentConfusion, Mayic, Fireflames, Nabaxo, RasmCiv, Zach :)confused:) and I have logged in and made our turn.

Someone called Zach (his leader name) logged in into Harvman's civ (Ragnar of the Holy Roman Empire). Is that you, harvman?

oops... I guess I'm a little less anonymous now:blush: That's me though, no worries.

If you just give us your direct IP we should be able to connect... As long as you don't use a router.

I tried that. Even I can't log in with my own IP, it's still hosted on the Hamachi one. After I tried going offline from Hamachi I tried everything from closing the program to hosting one on Hamachi and one not (because I'm pretty sure one IP can only host one at a time). Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled Hamachi and my new (Hamachi) IP (sorry for the mess) is 5.33.126.14. I tried logging on with this IP and it worked for me, so I'm pretty sure it should work for everyone else. Everyone, use this (^^^^^^) IP from now on. Remake20, maybe this will fix the problem, who knows?

I have another question. Why exactly are we using Direct IP connection in the first place? I mean, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just host it on the Internet and then put a password on it so that random people don't try to log on?

If you use a router, there is a possibility that the router will not be able to tell which computer on your network to route the Pitboss traffic to. Port forwarding comes into play here, but again, I am not sure exactly how to do it.

That explains why I can't use my own IP. I have, like 6 computers on the network.

I have another question. Why exactly are we using Direct IP connection in the first place? I mean, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just hot it on the Internet and then put a password on it so that random people don't try to log on?

You are talking about playing through the Gamespy lobby.
1. When you put up a game on Gamespy, Nobody can play unless Everyone is logged on all at the same time. Otherwise Gamespy makes you Vote on whether to switch non-present players to AI.

What is different about Pitboss is that you can just leave the game up 24hours a day and players can log in and out whenever they want.

2. Gamespy does not allow you to set turn timers in terms of hours. You can put the turns on Blazing speed, Fast, or Slow. I think a "Slow" turn is about 3 minutes IIRC. So that is just not conducive to the kind of game we are playing here.

3. Finally, the MTDG is being played using Pitboss. The whole point of the Team Pitboss game is so that everyone can Learn to use and play Pitboss, so everyone will be able to take turns being turnplayer if they so choose.

You are talking about playing through the Gamespy lobby.
1. When you put up a game on Gamespy, Nobody can play unless Everyone is logged on all at the same time. Otherwise Gamespy makes you Vote on whether to switch non-present players to AI.

What is different about Pitboss is that you can just leave the game up 24hours a day and players can log in and out whenever they want.

2. Gamespy does not allow you to set turn timers in terms of hours. You can put the turns on Blazing speed, Fast, or Slow. I think a "Slow" turn is about 3 minutes IIRC. So that is just not conducive to the kind of game we are playing here.

3. Finally, the MTDG is being played using Pitboss. The whole point of the Team Pitboss game is so that everyone can Learn to use and play Pitboss, so everyone will be able to take turns being turnplayer if they so choose.

I didn't mean one on the Gamespy lobby. I meant a Pitboss, just it uses Internet connection rather than DirectIP. When you set up a pitboss, the first screen chooses which mod to use, or if not to use a mod at all. The second one, which looks like this:

chooses what connection type to use. How about we just set it up with Internet?

If I remember correctly, Hamachi installs a driver on your PC. That's why you don't have to have Hamachi running...But I can be wrong about this. :p

Top Bottom