Team Pitboss - BTS

Well I thought I'd get this started. I haven't played in a Pitboss before (except the past MTDG, but I don't think that counts), but I understand how it works. Could someone tell me what you have to do to host it, besides setting it up. All game settings are debatable, so go ahead and start posting your preferences. If you would like to play, but do not have BTS post below and we will get you another game. Of course we are using 3.19 ;). Post your leader preferences too. The only thing I really want is unrestricted leaders, cause I hate the civ of my favorite leader.

After finding out what it takes to host a PTBS game I have found out it will be easier to use Hamachi like the other one.

Directions
First Download "LogMeIn Hamachi"
1. Go to the LogMeIn Hamachi website.
2. Make an account and then login to the "LogMeIn" website
3. In the Top Menu (Blue Bar), select Products and scroll down to LogMeIn Hamachi
4. Then select Download in the Menu on the left side of the screen
5. In the Download Window Click "Install LogMeIn Hamachi" and once it installs, let Windows "Run Hamachi Now"

Private Network Log in
1. When Hamaci starts Go to the Hamachi Menu bar and select Networks-->Join Existing Network
2. Network ID: Team PBTS (I know I wrote it wrong)
3. Password: Amazon
Almost Done!

Pitboss Log in:
1. With Hamachi Turned On and Logged in, Start CIV BTS
2. Goto Multiplayer--> Direct IP
3. In the IP box (on the right) you enter: 5.32.42.244 (Password: None)
4. Then find your civ and set the password

From now on to log on you just start up Hamachi (you will be logged in automatically) and then Start Civ and log in to pitboss.

Line-up:
Remake20 - Boudica of Egypt
Calis - Darius of THRM
Silent Confusion - Washington of Persia
Majic - Random
TMIT: Churchill of Mali
RasmCiv - Hammurabi of Zulu
Gingi - Plain old Rome, how boring ;)
FireFlames - Random
Harvman - Ragnar of THRE
Nabaxo - Carthage
Sommer - Inca

That's 11.

Any other takers.

I would play; random civ.

I could try it, would suck at it tho, dont play multiplayer very often, but i guess I would learn a thing or two. And I will be away during easter, probably wont be able to play. But I dont know, maybe that can be solved in some way.

Anyway, if Im in Ill go random.

People have until Friday to sign up.

When will this game be played?
I would like to try this out, just not sure if i have time

Starting Saturday until when ever it ends. I need settings discussion. And also since we have some people from levels like noble and people up to deity (TMIT), is there any rules that we could set up to make sure the players that are not as good wouldn't fall way behind other people? We could do teams if you want, setting up better players with people who aren't as good.

Starting Saturday until when ever it ends. I need settings discussion. And also since we have some people from levels like noble and people up to deity (TMIT), is there any rules that we could set up to make sure the players that are not as good wouldn't fall way behind other people? We could do teams if you want, setting up better players with people who aren't as good.

Ok, how long does a game usually take, and at what time does it start? are anyone on this thread european?:p

Ok, how long does a game usually take, and at what time does it start? are anyone on this thread european?:p

Depends, it could take longer than the game, but probably not. Usually at least 3 months.

Although I am one of those noble/Monarch players, I'd prefer solo action, as I probably do not have the time to discuss the action. I won't be too disappointed if I'd be eliminated early on. :)

I am European, yes ;)

Most of our team is from Europe.

The point of this game is to learn how to use pitboss so that when the demogame starts everyone will know how it works. If it were just a normal game maybe the skill level should try to be balanced, but as the game is all to help Team AMAZON I don't think we should put any limitations on players.

I think we should all help each other out as much as possible, since we're all teammates.

Also don't worry if you will miss a turn or two. It's better to play, since the game is mostly just to learn how to play pitboss.

Since we all seem to be trustworthy how about no turn timer.

Since we all seem to be trustworthy how about no turn timer.

What if someone is gone for a while, though? Will we be able to end the turn before they come back (not sure how this works)? I think it'd be ok to have a turn timer. We just shouldn't worry too much about missing our turn from time to time, since this is a teaching game, and not super competitive.

What if someone is gone for a while, though? Will we be able to end the turn before they come back (not sure how this works)? I think it'd be ok to have a turn timer. We just shouldn't worry too much about missing our turn from time to time, since this is a teaching game, and not super competitive.

Well with a TT then if someone leaves I would guess we would pause it, so that doesn't speed up anything. And if we play in teams then your partner could play, but that's just an idea. What exactly happens if you miss a turn? If you had a settler going somewhere does it stay in one spot or does the AI play your turn?

I'd recommend a 1 day (or more if the players want it) turn timer. Sometimes no matter how trustworthy someone is, things happen to them that block their access to computers for a while (it fries, some major life event occurs, work drags them out of town, etc).

Probably the best way to prevent skill disparity from turning into a runaway game very early is to pick a map script like wheel, donut, or islands that prevents people from insta-gibbing each other. Although, if we are doing islands I'll want to change my leader and I doubt I'm alone ;).

As for teams or not, I'd like to mimic what the MTDG is doing, so that people get a feel for how it functions.

I'm one of the non-European players (USEast time zone) :/. But I can swing early or late games sometimes.

Well with a TT then if someone leaves I would guess we would pause it, so that doesn't speed up anything. And if we play in teams then your partner could play, but that's just an idea. What exactly happens if you miss a turn? If you had a settler going somewhere does it stay in one spot or does the AI play your turn?

I think if you don't log in for the turn your pieces stay where they were, but if you had them on automove they'd continue on with where they were going. I don't think we should pause the game much if at all.

Top Bottom