Team Pitboss - BTS

I didn't have any trouble login into the Pitboss II game. But it doesn't work here.

Earlier I logged on to the game, but the IP address wasn't working so I checked the network and saw that "Gingi" the computer that was hosting it had a different IP address than the one I had written down. I tried connecting to this address and it worked. So there was an IP shift. But currently it looks like the hosting computer is not on the network.

Earlier I logged on to the game, but the IP address wasn't working so I checked the network and saw that "Gingi" the computer that was hosting it had a different IP address than the one I had written down. I tried connecting to this address and it worked. So there was an IP shift. But currently it looks like the hosting computer is not on the network.

Yes, there was an IP shift. So the new IP is 5.33.126.14. This didn't change anything though. Everyone should be able to log back in easily.

Earlier I logged on to the game, but the IP address wasn't working so I checked the network and saw that "Gingi" the computer that was hosting it had a different IP address than the one I had written down. I tried connecting to this address and it worked.

I had the same experience, so anyone having trouble should follow SCs lead. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like Gingi has this covered already.

Not sure why, but it looks like Gingi's hosting computer is offline again...

I don't think he realised that his computer needs to be on at all times if he's going to host a pitboss game. :p

I didn't know that either.. seems a bit weird. So Gingi has to be online 24 hours a day the next 8-10 months?:eek:

Well, that or someone takes over. :p

But why do you think that it's weird? I thought it was obvious. How are people going to connect to your PC to play if your PC is turned off or is offline? :p

I think usually people use a separate computer than the one they normally use to host the game and try to leave it on all the time. If that will not be the case with this it would be good at least to have an idea of what times it will be online.

Well, that or someone takes over. :p

But why do you think that it's weird? I thought it was obvious. How are people going to connect to your PC to play if your PC is turned off or is offline? :p

Well, im totally new to mp games,I didn't know you actually has to get access to the host's PC everytime you load the game. But when i think about it, it is kind of obvious..:p

I still can't connect if it's up. Does anyone want to try a PBEM, it would certainly be less of a hassle.

I still can't connect if it's up. Does anyone want to try a PBEM, it would certainly be less of a hassle.

Gingi isn't up right now. Did you try joining the other game. That one is up.

I did, nothing.

OK this is getting a little :crazyeye:, we can't play a pitboss where the CPU is only on at certain times.

We need to do something about this whole situation. Here are the reasonable choices AFAICT:

First, we scrap this pitboss, then:

1. I can start trying to figure out how to host 2 pitbosses at the same time. It may take a while, but I know it can be done. If we go this route, everyone who is not playing AMAZON Pitboss II will have to wait a little for a Pitboss game.

2. Someone WHO HAS HOSTED A PITBOSS BEFORE can volunteer to host a new pitboss. If we go with this option (or option 1) anyone who is still interested in playing pitboss and wants to play NOW rather than waiting is welcome to take remake20's spot (Egypt) on AMAZON Pitboss II as he can not log in. You would be taking over from the AI, so you will set your own password.

3. I can start AMAZON Pitboss II over (again) but this time with everyone included in one Pitboss. If we go this route, there will be 24hrs to sign up, and then 24hrs to login and play before your civ is converted to AI to let the game move forward. The rationale is, if you do not check the forum everyday, you probably will not play your turn everyday.

Everyone who still wants to play pitboss please choose one of the above options, and I will get to work on it.

Anyone mind doing a PBEM, I know I can do those.

I have a question. Im going away during easter and Im not sure Ill be able to play my turns every day, what do i do? Do I put my civ on AI til I get back or what is the best way?

@Sommerswerd: I'd be fine with any of the 3 options, but since I don't have a PC I can leave on all the time, and I don't really want to make you host 2 games at once, I'll vote for #3. Of course I'd be fine with options 1 or 2 as well, they just give me an extra game to play :)

RasmCiv, why don't you just take over for remake20 as Boudica of Egypt in AMAZON Pitboss II?

However, If there are more besides RasmCiv that want to play, and are not already playing AMAZON Pitboss II, We could go with option 3. If we do here are the settings I have:

Players
1. harvman -Ragnar of Holy Roman Empire
2. TheMeInTeam - Churchill of Mali.
3. SilentConfusion- Hannibal of Mongolia
4. nabaxo - Hannibal of Carthage
5. Majic- Random
6. RasmCiv - ???

Anyone else?
Also, any changes/different settings wanted?
Can someone volunteer to send a PM to the other AMAZONs to ask if they want to join the game. That way we can get an idea about whether we even need another Pitboss. If it is just RasmCiv who is wanting to play, then maybe RasmCiv can join the one currently running, and then we don't need another. If a bunch of other people want to play, then we can try to get a new one going.:)

Map Settings
Standard Map
Donut
Tech Trades Off
Simultaneous Turns 24 hr timer
Huts off
barbs raging
Events off

@ Majic - If you still want to play, you can start the game and then either "Retire" when you need to leave, or you can ask someone to sub for you while you are gone. If you "Retire" the AI will take over for you, and you will be able re-take control of your team when you get back from vacation.

Top Bottom