Team Pitboss Game

Hahahah.. that's a drama.

How virtual machine looks? Isnt there something like "onscreen keyboard" for it? Where you have pause button?

Hmm... I can't log in at all

Windows has an on-screen keyboard under accessorries>ease of access. it has a pause button. (assuming you are using windows on your virtual machine).
Looks like there is a lot of diplo going on ;) I am not stuck in diplo, but I still did not figure out how to pause/unpause playing on the virtual machine on Mac :(

Game reloaded from the latest Mayic autosave. Thunderstorm knocked out the power.

Hey mayic, you know you don't have to convert to ai, you can just give him your password etc and he's good to go. I'm bringing this up as this pause is really shutting everything down and no one can seem to get this thing going for you. Just an option cause at this rate we'll be down for some time

Windows has an on-screen keyboard under accessorries>ease of access. it has a pause button. (assuming you are using windows on your virtual machine).

Yeah, I am using Windows - and indeed they have an onscreen keyboard. I activated it and opened the game, but could not see it from the game level - it fills my whole virtual machine window. Looks like I have to move to lower resolution - or post in the Mac forum. The worst part is that from clicking randomly around I am now stuck in diplo, too. Hope I did not crashed the game.

Try setting the game to run in "Window mode" and not in full screen. Then you can have the keyboard over the game.

About the paused game and Majic being unable to retire, there is easy remedy. Cal must kick him to AI from the server and Drat will claim his civ.

Try setting the game to run in "Window mode" and not in full screen. Then you can have the keyboard over the game.

About the paused game and Majic being unable to retire, there is easy remedy. Cal must kick him to AI from the server and Drat will claim his civ.

Yeah, I think I close to figuring that out - you're window mode is the answer, not lower resolution. But since I am stuck in diplo as everybody else, cannot do anything now.

Would be great if Cal could help Mayic - but I am afraid Cal is having RL troubles and everyone stuck in diplo - so our bad luck continues :-(

I'm available to help out if needed so you can send the password other login info to me. I've also a slow enough secondary machine that can be used to overcome the paused game problem. In slow machines there is a time window to push Pause/Break button right before the diplo window is opened.

I'm available to help out if needed so you can send the password other login info to me. I've also a slow enough secondary machine that can be used to overcome the paused game problem. In slow machines there is a time window to push Pause/Break button right before the diplo window is opened.

Hi Plako, do you mean you could un-stuck me? Would be nice, but I am not the problem - not this time ;-) We have to anyway wait for a dratboy to be able to play for Mayic, and apparently we lost contact with Mayic and game host is on a leave of absence. So thank you very much, but at the moment we have to wait anyway.

Ugh... so the game is still paused and i'm still stuck in a diplo screen.

Anyways, I'm going into the field early tomorrow (not white beaches unfortunately) and I can only be online for another hour or so... and alas, I haven't been able to pin anyone down to sub for me.

I'm still hoping that maybe someone (or several people) can cover for me. RegentMan/Plako/2Metra, I know you guys have said you might be able to help out in some capacity (if not no worries). I will send you guys a pm with some really basic info. And worst case scenario I can always be kicked to AI.

Thanks everyone and sorry for not being more proactive on this!

-Cav

I will be away starting June 15-th and possibly without internet, or at least very limited/unsure, but if the game is unpaused till then, I can play for you in the upcoming week.

I have kicked Mayic to AI :)

Good news: I logged in and claimed the civ.
Bad news: Still stuck in diplo window and so game is still paused. I was hoping that the resulting AI boot would clear out Mayic's previous diplo windows, but alas...
Silver lining news: the game pause means the AI didn't play my turn and do all the stupid things that AIs do. :rolleyes:

Unpaused. I was not stuck in diploscreen :) BTW, did Cav get a sub or do we need to repause tomorrow to sort that one out?

Unpaused. I was not stuck in diploscreen :) BTW, did Cav get a sub or do we need to repause tomorrow to sort that one out?

I think Plako volunteered - Plako, are you available to sub for Cav?

Great that the game is finally unpaused :D

I can, but I think Ninja volunteered already.

Ninja may indeed volunteered, but only for a couple of days:

I will be away starting June 15-th and possibly without internet, or at least very limited/unsure, but if the game is unpaused till then, I can play for you in the upcoming week.

Best try to sort it between you two that somebody would play for Cav.

On a personal note, Plako, I was looking forward to doing diplo with you :p

Top Bottom