1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Teams: 2 humans vs computer teams

Discussion in 'CivRev - Multiplayer' started by Civ5373, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Civ5373

Civ5373 Chieftain

The computer in private team mode does not give much resistance. It usually only builds 1 or 2 cities and offers not much competition. The computer does not act like in Deity mode. How do you make the computer play at a higher level? My friend and I end up beating the game very easily. Please help.

2. Sn1p3rk1ll3

Sn1p3rk1ll3 Warlord

As far as I know, you can't adjust the ai difficulty in multiplayer (and it's set to Kingish...).

You might just try facing eachother and give yourselves some real competition :p

Hope that helps!

3. GGrayson

GGrayson Le CivRêve

You need to adjust the handicap.

The AI on MP is set to King.

20% handicap= Emperor
    40% handicap= Deity

Still, with two human players playing together, it's still easier to beat the AI in this format, because your doubling your advantage over the AI, as you and another human will actually use strategy, whereas the AI just kinda does random things, never really using a coherent strategy (don't choose good tech paths, hardly ever attacks w/ more than one unit per turn).

4. Civ5373

Civ5373 Chieftain

Thank you for the information. I do not know how to change the computers handicap. I cannot select it in the options. Should I simply change my own handicap?

5. Sn1p3rk1ll3

Sn1p3rk1ll3 Warlord

You can't change the ai handicap....

The handicap applies on yourself : 40% handicap gives you 20% discount on unit production I think....
    -If this can be confirmed, I'd be a happy player :p

6. MorteEterna

MorteEterna Prince

40% handicap means all things that you can build in your city, have a lower cost of 40%

Then a warrior costs 6 hammers

7. Civ5373

Civ5373 Chieftain

I hope they change this problem in the next patch. I do not know where to send such a suggestion.

8. MorteEterna

MorteEterna Prince

They won't patch it anymore. And we have already told you how to solve the problem, play on multiplayer if you can, and you will see that playing good players is like playing on deity on your first game (the real first game), or something like that

9. Civ5373

Civ5373 Chieftain

That does not fix the problem of wanting to play a game with your friend against two deity computers. You can set the difficulty in single player but not in multiplayer. The suggestions made are great alternatives, though. Relax.