technical question regarding the dll

antaine

King
So I'm trying to swap two civs from RFC 3000BC. I've exchanged all their references, changed maps, areas, etc. For the game to reflect the changes I've made to the cpp files, however, I now need to compile them and produce an altered .dll

The problem is, this is the first time I've ever attempted to compile anything. I'm using MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, but I don't know how to get that folder of files (CvGameCoreDLL) into the file that I need (CvGameCoreDLL.dll).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Those are the instructions that I followed over a year ago. I hope they still work. You will have to replace the Makefile with the one from the .zip file. Read on C++ coding and compiling, you will find it interesting and very useful if you want to learn how to mod/program.

Attachments

• Info.zip
    362 KB · Views: 103
before I try to actually do this, should I use that makefile? There's a line in the instructions that says "(The Makefile will only work on the most recent as of now BtS version 3.17 you should be able to modify it for other versions of the game however, if you need it)"...we're on 3.19. What sort of modification(s) should I do to it?

before I try to actually do this, should I use that makefile? There's a line in the instructions that says "(The Makefile will only work on the most recent as of now BtS version 3.17 you should be able to modify it for other versions of the game however, if you need it)"...we're on 3.19. What sort of modification(s) should I do to it?

The makefile that I included with the info works for BtS 3.19 with RFC and RFCEurope specifically. You want to use the CvGameCoreDLL in the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization folder.

Right...I've already edited those coredll files (not the ones in the original game folders)...I may not have all the maps exactly as I'd like them to be, but this should let me know if i'm on the right track with everything else.

thanks for verifying that this makefile will work. I'll try it out in the next couple days.

Top Bottom