Term 1 - Judicial Thread

Using the position of honorary chair of city naming does not entail him the right to request anything. Citizens must be clear that if Epimethius requests you to japanize your name, it is on the basis of citizen to citizen request and has no bearing on the position.

Order In The Court! :D I'm Baaack.

Thanks eyrei! :thumbsup:

:hammer:

:lol:

You will be missed Judge Advocate Immortal. Thank you for your participation in our rulings. Good luck.

Question for the court: if a compaint were raised against a citizen for infringing on someone else's basic rights, would such a complaint be handled prior to end of term, or after the next court takes the bench? Also does such a complaint need to specify the law which is alleged to be broken, or does the Judge Advocate decide that?

DaveShack said:
Question for the court: if a compaint were raised against a citizen for infringing on someone else's basic rights, would such a complaint be handled prior to end of term, or after the next court takes the bench? Also does such a complaint need to specify the law which is alleged to be broken, or does the Judge Advocate decide that?

Mr. President,

All of the listed prodedures for a Citizen's Complaint and be found in the second post of this thread. My apologies if that sounded a bit too administrative. In answer to your first question, unless a defendant were to plead guilty to a charge, a Citizen's Complaint processing would take at least 8 days, by law. If the defendant were to plead guilty immediately, the process would take a minimum of 5 days. This puts said process beyond the limits of the current Term, and therefore would be held over for the next Court. This would not mean that a CC could not be filed at this time, it just means it wouldn't be officially accepted for consideration until the next Term.

In regards to your second question, Section 8 of the Judicial Procedures (mentioned above) state that the Article or lower Law alledgedly violated would need to be stated in the charge. As this court also seeks to educate the general public in Judicial matters, if a citizen were not sure how to approach a CC properly, said citizen could PM the Chief Justice with the complaint (as stated in the above Judicial Procedures) and ask for assistance in filing the CC. The charge would then be posted in the appropriate list (post #3 of this thread) and communication between the Chief Justice and the Judge Advocate would begin the process.

This Court is hereby closed. The Term 2 Judicial Thread will open later today. At this time I would personally like to thank Public Defender KCCrusader and Judge Advocate Immortal for their participation in the Judicial matters of Term 1. I would also like to thank the citizens of Japanatica for their involvement in these matters.

Hail Japanatica!

Top Bottom