Term 1 - Judicial Thread

Provolution said:
Well negative again Mr blackhole, who purposedly misspelled my name :)

WEll, he has been gone for 2 weeks now, and we may well deputize our deputy if the runner up does not show up. We are not going to have subsidary mid term elections anyways, and Blackheart knows what the Dept has been doing. In fact, the Judiciary is working on this issue right now. As a citizen, you sould rest your little head and let the Judicary do the process. Well Blackhole, you are about to use up your quota for insults without me getting back...
i really didnt mean to misspell your name, i have to burn that into my brain..., but if u want to get technical my name has an underscore in it, i am truly sorry about the name thing

i am just trying to point out the only legal way to get him out of office is a CC/PI under my interpetation of the law
by no way did i try to make it negative, or anything... you take every critisized comment i give u negative, while I mean nothing to be negative
all i wanted to to was insure that the law was followed, but i guess i wont comment on the judiciary's activities anymore
the problem with a vague rulset(i like it better than a strict one) is that it can be interperted many ways and as a citizen I can point out my idea what it is...

Black_hole You are fine, but the Judiciary are already looking into it. I wanted Blackheart to take over now, as he is the only one that is fully up to speed with the program we awas elected on. The deputy is supposed to follow that program.

Provolution said:
Black_hole You are fine, but the Judiciary are already looking into it. I wanted Blachole to take over now, as he is the only one that is fully up to speed with the program we awas elected on. The deputy is supposed to follow that program.
u mean blackheart take over ;)

Black_Hole said:
u mean blackheart take over ;)

Take over and prepare my plans for world domination :king:. But really, I haven't seen Bootstoots on in a while and as Provolution said, I am up to date on current affairs and plans.

The problem that has arisen for me is that while boots has actually posted in the absence registry, he gave no definite time of the end of his absence. This leads me to conclude he's out for the long haul.

I agree with the Judge Advocate. Considering this and the newly proposed legislation in the proposed poll for an Amendment to Article G of the Constitution, I would think that Minister Provolution's problem is "in-house" and could be dealt with as such. G.2 states that the Deputy position is appointed, and there for Bootstoot's replacement would not be handled by the President. The President would handle vacant "elected" positons, as stated in G.3 and that would be for an absence of 6 days. Bootstoots has been away for 10 days now. I find it feasible that a Minister could at this point replace his Deputy with another appointment.

Sir Donald III has presented this Court with a request for a Judicial Review on his proposed poll for an Amendment to Article G of the Constitution.

This request has been accepted and posted in post #3 of this thread as DG5JR11.

DG5JR11

In reviewing this Proposed Poll, I as Chief Justice, find that it in no way conflicts with existing law. The Legislation passes my review.

DG5JR11

After review of the proposed legislation and standing legislation, I find the Amendment to article G does not conflict with existing law. This poll should move to the polling process.

Your Honor, Point of order:

In the Judicial Log Post #12, it says that Article G deals with Provinces and Governors. This is incorrect. Article G deals with Terms of Office, Deputies, and Vacancies and Appointments to Elected Offices

Sir Donald III said:
Your Honor, Point of order:

In the Judicial Log Post #12, it says that Article G deals with Provinces and Governors. This is incorrect. Article G deals with Terms of Office, Deputies, and Vacancies and Appointments to Elected Offices

Sorry, SD3. I was reading too many JRs at once, and trying to update everything. Thank you for the correction. My apologies, I will correct the error.

CJ Cyc

Thank you, Mr. President. I must say, last night's Turn Chat revealed a much stronger Chief Executive. Well done.

Does a government office not defined in the constitution allowed to post legally binding instructions in the Turn Chat Instruction Thread?

Example; http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2105358&postcount=2

Articles Pertaining to this:
Article D:
Article D. The Executive branch is responsible for determining
and implementing the will of the People. It is headed
by the President who shall be the primary Designated
Player. The President shall take direction from a
council of leaders and from other elected and appointed
officials via the turnchat instruction thread. The President
shall be tasked with control of worker actions.
1. The Minister of Domestic Affairs shall be
responsible for all domestic initiatives, worker allocation,
as well as the distribution of funds, as prescribed by law.
2. The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible
for matters involving treaties with foreign nations,
as prescribed by law.
3. The Minister of Defense shall be responsible for all
military strategy and troop activities, as
prescribed by law.
4. The Minister of Trade shall be responsible for all
trade, domestic and foreign, and the use of resources,
as perscibed by law.
5. The Minister of Science shall be responsible for all tech
acquisition, as prescribed by law.
6. The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the
keeping of the peace and the construction of wonders.
The Office of City Naming is not in the constistution as seen above.

Article J:
Elected officials must plan and act according to the will
of the people. The will of the people will be determined
through discussion and polls, formal or informal. If pertinent
discussion is done outside the scope of the DG forums, then it must
be documented in the Turnchat Instruction Thread 6 hours
prior to the commencement of the turnchat by the appropriate
leader.
As you can see Epimethius is not posting as an elected leader or even a deputy, altho he is a deputy he is posting instructions which have no elected offical overseeing them thus they should be declared illegal.

Article N:
Article N: Rights reserved to the people
As provided by Article A of this constitution, all actions not
forbidden by forum rules, or by this Constitution, are presumed to
be within the right of every citizen. Actions prescribed by this
Constitution may be substituted by other similar actions, provided
such substitution lies within the spirit of these rules.

since the constitution doesnt explicitaly outlaw this, it could be considered legal. But, I consider the above to be within the spirit of the constitution, thus illegal.

I would like to thank the court in advance for considering my Judical Review request, and i am sorry if i posted it wrong...

Black Hole has requested a Judicial Review to consider whether a Government Office not defined in the Constitution is allowed to post legally binding instructions in the Turn Chat Instruction Thread. He is referencing Articles D, J, and N with this request. An example of the post can be found here.

This request has been accepted and posted in post #3 of this thread as DG5JR12.

DG5JR12

I will preface this Opinion with a brief history of the Office of City Naming.

City naming was started back in Demogame 1. The initial idea to create this citizen's perk was well accepted, as it increased citizen participation and helped develop our nation's historical content. The naming of each city was done from the Citizen Registry (CR), through the memory of the people present at the chat, not a bonafide list of names. This turned out to be a bad idea, and in Term 4 we decided to figure it out from the begining and make a list.

In DG2, the Cartographic Office (lead by FortyJ) not only listed our maps for us, but also did a great job with our first official listing of city names in chronological order.

DG3 saw the emergance of the Office of City Names (created by zorven). This was another great piece of work.

DG4 saw the Census Office take control of not only the Demographics of our citizens, but the City Naming list (again created by zorven). This was indeed the best application for both ideas thus far. By having both the census and city naming located in the same thread, citizens could announce a move to a new city and update their city naming right at the same time (provided they updated their citizen registry post). Niether of these needed game applications were an elected Office, but designing the Census Office, zorven wisely assumed the responsibility named in Code of Standards (CoS) H.2 of the DG4 Constitution.

Please take note that all of these attempts at city naming were done by people in their first Demogame, except in DG4, which turned out to be the cream of the crop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In regards to Black Hole's question, I did not need to go beyond Article D to come to a conclusion, as it covers the points I need to make a decision.
It states:
Code:
The President shall take direction from a 
council of leaders and from other elected and appointed 
officials via the turnchat instruction thread.
Epimethius position is niether elected or appointed. I can find no reference of the City Naming office being part of the Domestic Deputy Minister's responsibilities. He is certainly not a member of the Council of Leaders in his city naming capacity. The Turn Chat Instruction thread is for these Leader to communicate with the President/DP legal Instructions for use in the Turn Chat. Therefore, Epimethius has no legal authorization to post binding instructions for the President/DP in said thread. I believe it may have been my idea for the City Naming Office official to post the city names for the President (as a courtesy). The amount of names posted by that official would reflect the amount of cities to be started in that Turn Chat alone. I still see no problem with this, but all of the added comments and instruction by Epimethius are unneccesary and unwanted as well as illegal. He cannot demand of or instruct the President/DP to do anything in this capacity.

Article J speaks of elected officials planning and acting according to the WOTP. As Epimethius was NOT elected to this voluntary position, this Article is irrelevant.

Article N speaks of the rights reserved to the People. Also about how all actions not forbidden by forum rules, or by this Constitution, are presumed to
be within the right of every citizen. Well, posting instructions are not within the rights of all people, as stated in Article D of the Constitution. With the other legislated contradictions I see to Epimethius' actions, I cannot find them to be within the spirit of the law. So for me, Article N is also irrelevant.

DG5JR12 Opinion ~ In the eyes of the Chief Justice, Epimethius, in his capacity as the head of the City Naming office may post the names of cities to be started in a Turn Chat Instruction thread as a courtesy to the President/DP. But he has no authority to post any binding instructions concerning the names, nor can he alter any of the registered names.

I would like to thank the CJ for his kind words in DG5JR12 about my past work.

Top Bottom