Term 2 - Fanatikan Nation Science Department- Coorporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Strider
Cyc: I normally have a link to the science screen, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Also like I've said a thousand times.... After lit we WILL go poly/monarcy..... The libries/GL will hopefully speed up are path to it (maybe even faster than if we didn't research lit, through I doubt it)

I really hope we do not have to wait until we have the great library before getting Monarchy. :king:

The only public poll relevant to the topic indicated that Poly/Monarchy should be our path. Yet, the turn chat logs indicate that voting approved Lit.

I know the forum poll was not at quorum, and that it was close in any case. However, I would welcome explaination from the FNSD on this seemingly contradictory event.

Thanks!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyc: I normally have a link to the science screen, but I haven't got around to it yet.

And I've said it a thousand times, too, Strider. I (we) don't need to see a copy of the damn Tech Tree. We need a screen shot of the Science Advisor from the most current t/c so WE know exactly where we are are. I already know the order and options of the tech tree post in CFC. We need "current" info...

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I forgot. You're like SAaM, and paly the Demogame without ever having a running copy of Civ3 v1.29.

I'll post one. I have to do 3 things as a Jedi-in-training in the RPG. ;)

I can do it within 5 minutes.

I donate to you this screen:

Thank you for duplicating the screenshot that I posted on page #2 of this thread, CT.

? I read Strider didn't post one.. oh well...

Originally posted by Cyc
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I've said it a thousand times, too, Strider. I (we) don't need to see a copy of the damn Tech Tree. We need a screen shot of the Science Advisor from the most current t/c so WE know exactly where we are are. I already know the order and options of the tech tree post in CFC. We need "current" info...

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I forgot. You're like SAaM, and paly the Demogame without ever having a running copy of Civ3 v1.29.

Actually I do have a running copy of Civ3 v1.29f. It's just that I do not know how to do screenshots and I don't have the time to be tought or figure it out myself.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
The only public poll relevant to the topic indicated that Poly/Monarchy should be our path. Yet, the turn chat logs indicate that voting approved Lit.

I know the forum poll was not at quorum, and that it was close in any case. However, I would welcome explaination from the FNSD on this seemingly contradictory event.

Thanks!

Bill

1) The poll was a tie.... 8-8 As science leader it was my job to break the tie... I picked lit.

2) Yes I know that the poll was closed at 7-8, but I got a few pm's saying that people did not see the poll and wanted to go for lit I made them into 1 vote for a tie.

Off Topic: You guys are saying that we need monarcy to win the war? Even are military leader (and ex-military leader (falcon)) agree's with me that we should go for lit.

Hey, you leave my Hunter out of this. OK? :)

Bill

1) The poll was a tie.... 8-8 As science leader it was my job to break the tie... I picked lit.

2) Yes I know that the poll was closed at 7-8, but I got a few pm's saying that people did not see the poll and wanted to go for lit I made them into 1 vote for a tie.

Off Topic: You guys are saying that we need monarcy to win the war? Even are military leader (and ex-military leader (falcon)) agree's with me that we should go for lit.
That is extremely bad form. Off-poll PM's are not votes in the poll. If the poll doesn't reach quorum or people PM you that they didn't know there was a poll and missed their vote then you put up a new poll and make sure people know that it is there. You do not arbitrarily decide to use ghost votes to create a tie and then use your leader tie-breaking power to reverse the actual results of the posted poll.

When I posted that poll I placed links to it in this thread and in the poll registry.

I am not saying we need Monarchy to win the upcoming war with the Aztecs. We have (and have had for a number of turns) a force sufficient to deal with the likes of Montezuma. I am looking forward to the time when we must face the Americans and Japanese. I see many wars ahead and they will become more and more difficult to prosecute successfully if we do not focus our energies on them.

Republic is a good government for war making but we will need luxuries, markets, temples and cathedrals to keep the people happy. We are a long way from gaining those things and in the mean time monarchy is much better than despotism! :king:

Quoting Donsig:
Republic is a good government for war making but we will need luxuries, markets, temples and cathedrals to keep the people happy. We are a long way from gaining those things and in the mean time monarchy is much better than despotism!

And that should have been our policy since iron working.

Bill

Strider,

First, I don't think we need Monarchy to win the early wars, but later on, on this difficultly level, where our medium to large cities will be pumping out unhappy citizens everytime someone is born, we need it.

On Regent or Monarch level, I have successfully controlled citizen moods during war, and long wars at that, but Emp and Diety require more options.

Having said all of that...

I hope you realize that by taking votes in a secret manner after a poll is closed, and by using them to create a tie breaker that allowed you to institute your preferred path, you have committed an offense that is PI'able.

The poll didn't reach quorum, so I think we ought to just let this one go, but this is in my eyes a major problem. I hope that you will not commit such violations in the future.

Bill
Chief Justice

Strider,

First, I don't think we need Monarchy to win the early wars, but later on, on this difficultly level, where our medium to large cities will be pumping out unhappy citizens everytime someone is born, we need it.

On Regent or Monarch level, I have successfully controlled citizen moods during war, and long wars at that, but Emp and Diety require more options.

I hope you realize that by taking votes in a secret manner after a poll is closed, and by using them to create a tie breaker that allowed you to institute your preferred path, you have committed an offense that is PI'able.

The poll didn't reach quorum, so I think we ought to just let this one go, but this is in my eyes a major problem. I hope that you will not commit such violations in the future.

Bill
Chief Justice

Bill.... Almost everything is PI' able.... I've seen both you and donsig break the constitution..... even Shaitan.

Who has said we are going to have later wars? Is that 100% certain? Also the path to lit will speed up are technological advancment.... I believe that will help us out ALOT more then monarcy. Also if we build the GL then we could aquire poly (even monarcy itself) from it.

Strider,

Bill
Chief Justice

Look bill.... I did not get voted, because of my skill in following the const. I got voted for my skill in scientific affairs..... I expressed my opionion about the quorums which is why I choose to let Donnsig post info polls and then make my decisions from their results... Like I've always have....

I let the last demogame through about an age a turn..... My way of working stuff works and I could care less what you say about it....

Bill.... Almost everything is PI' able.... I've seen both you and donsig break the constitution..... even Shaitan.

I am honestly not sure what you are referring to here, or what if anything, donsig's name has to do with it?????

You don't think there is anything wrong with taking votes in secret?

Who has said we are going to have later wars? Is that 100% certain? Also the path to lit will speed up are technological advancment.... I believe that will help us out ALOT more then monarcy. Also if we build the GL then we could aquire poly (even monarcy itself) from it.

I am certain that we will have later wars, what civ game on this level doesn't have them?

There is no doubt that the GL is good, in fact I always beeline to it. But with three cities, or four or five by the time we hit Lit, would we really stop and build libraries? And with the size of the cities, what actual number of beakers bonus would we get...not much.

It's just a difference of opinion.

I have no problem with Lit winning the poll. But poll voting in secret is not acceptable, and you should recognize that. I am surprised you disagree.

I am honestly not sure what you are referring to here, or what if anything, donsig's name has to do with it?????

You don't think there is anything wrong with taking votes in secret?

I am certain that we will have later wars, what civ game on this level doesn't have them?

There is no doubt that the GL is good, in fact I always beeline to it. But with three cities, or four or five by the time we hit Lit, would we really stop and build libraries? And with the size of the cities, what actual number of beakers bonus would we get...not much.

It's just a difference of opinion.

I have no problem with Lit winning the poll. But poll voting in secret is not acceptable, and you should recognize that. I am surprised you disagree.

No.... I do not think secret votes are legal.... and I did not do that.... If you look at the poll you can see are Military leader's post says he wanted a vote for lit, but got their to late.... It is my duty as science leader to make sure ALL citizens are heard and express's the opionions....

My way of working stuff works and I could care less what you say about it....

Well thank you, and I will be sure to hold your opinions in the same high regard.

Bill

Well thank you, and I will be sure to hold your opinions in the same high regard.

Bill

As will I'll do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom