Term 2 - Foreign Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by donsig
We can acquire horseback riding from the English in return for contact with the Japanese. We can get writing from the Indians for contact with the English. Does the Foreign Ministry endorse these trades or are there other trades possible?

Yes, the ministry agrees with these trades. See if they will also give us some money for the contacts, CT said other nations were broke, so I don't think selling techs is posible. But a few coins for the contact plus the tech should suffice. :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Originally posted by Shaitan
There you go, EA. Just do your editing in Notepad and you'll see how it'll look on the page. Everything between the [ code ] tags stays lined up.

Thanks! :goodjob: I'll do that next time :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Originally posted by neutral leader
why not just use the five groups the game divides them into?

I did think of that, but since other things also come into play when deciding how to treat other cultures I thought taking all of these things into acount was more accurate.

Ehecatl Atzin

Trade is asking FA to look at the potential deal for our next turn:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=536390#post536390

Our first round of trading would be with the English. We will then take it to the forums again, and determine any new techs/contacts, as well as our secondary goal to acquire contact with Babylon. (and possibly get Horseback Riding)

Originally posted by Chieftess
Trade is asking FA to look at the potential deal for our next turn:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=536390#post536390

Our first round of trading would be with the English. We will then take it to the forums again, and determine any new techs/contacts, as well as our secondary goal to acquire contact with Babylon. (and possibly get Horseback Riding)

The Science Department also urges you to look and consider this trade.

EA, sorry for not bein here, my comp had a Klev virus. i need to install mcaffe, then I'll will come back.

Just one more day! Tomorrow I'll be on!

Originally posted by Raven1er
is this place alive?

Looks like it doesn't it? :D
The last turn chat was a very profitable one, at least for the Foreign Ministry, hehehe.
We have meet every civilization in the face of the planet! Ain't it grand?They are thus: America, Aztecs, Babylon, China, Egypt, England, France,Greece, India, Iroquois, Japan, Persia, Rome, Russia and Zululand.
While we do not know where many of them live, we do have a general idea based on who knows them, for example the japanese, to our west, know the Babilonians, so we may deduce they also live somewhere to the west of us. Other things can also be deduced from this, if all the civs know most of each others this early on in the game, we either live in a big continent or island dewlers have reached other civs, wich means there isn't a big sea or ocean distance between them.
We also have writing!! and that means embassies!!

I will update the chart promptly, hopefully this night after school, hopefully.
Trade must also be very exited since our tech trade posibilites have just recieved a push :)

Ehecatl Atzin

First off I offer an apology for my abscence from the forums these last couple of days, for not posting t/c instructions and for not being very much of a leader. We have just meet all civilizations in the game and the Foreign Ministry should be a busttle of activity and that has not happened, mainly beacuse of my failure to post and lead discussions, I am sorry.
Now, on to bussiness!

Foreign Nations Chart
Code:
             Mood     Culture	   Link        Rep	Total
*Aztecs	      +1	0	    +3	        -     	 +2
*Ameri        -1	0	    +3	        -	 +1
Babs          -1        0           +2          -        +1
*Iroquoi       0	0	    +3	        -	 +2
France        +1        0           +4          -        +5 
*English       0	0	    +4	        -	 +3
*Persia       -1        0           +2          -        -1
India	      +1	0	    +1	        -	 +2
*Zulu         +1        0           +2          -         0
Russia	      -1	0	    +4	        -	 +3
*Rome         -1        0           +4          -        +2
*Japan	      -1	0	    +1	        -        -3
Egypt         +1        0           +2          -        +3
China	       0	0	    +1	        -	 +1

Culture------ Since our nations are both equaly impressed with each others culture, the score is 0 (zero).

* Nations that are militaristic get a -2, like the aztecs. Nations that are expansionist get a -1, like the americans.

Now that we have discovered writing, we can build embassies, the cost for these are as follows:

Aztecs -- 37 gp
Americans -- 39 gp
England -- 55 gp
France -- 67 gp
Russia -- 77 gp
Babilonia -- 78 gp
Persia -- 98 gp
Zulu -- 80 gp
Rome --78 gp
Egypt -- 95 gp
Greece -- 108
Iroquois -- 71 gp
China -- 69 gp
Japan -- 51 gp
India -- 57 pg

If whe were to build an embassy on every culture the total cost would assend to 1060 gp! that we don't have. Our coffers have 163 gp and we aren't getting even 1 gp per turn. :(
I sudgest we build an embassy on the nations that are surrounding is, these are the aztecs, the americans and the japanese. (127 gp total) At the very least build one in aztec land to investigate aztec cities and be more adecuatly prepared for our impending attack, if for nothing else. Please discuss - Should we build embassies in these 3 nations and especially the aztecs?

Other things of note are, we are currently #16 in land area! cultures such as the romans have aprox. 8 cities (don't remember the exact number) while we have only 3, we must expand our borders and limit them ourselves before other nations start defining them for us.

Ehecatl Atzin

ARG!! Shaitan, could you please edit the chart so it looks straight and nice, please! I tried using the code thing but to no avail :(
Thanks

Ehecatl Atzin

EDIT -- never mind Shaitan, I did it all by myself!! :king: I deserve a lolly pop!

Ehecatl Atzin

FA Leader,

The people of Fanatika has called for war with the evil Aztec's in an overwhelming landslide in the most recent polls.

When will your office follow the will of the people and empower the President to begin our liberation campaign?

I'm against building embassies this early. When we decimate the Aztecs other civs will build embassies in our capital. Admittedly this means we don't get a free look into their capital cities by building the embassies ourselves but the functional part (an embassy) is the same and I for one don't want to spend 70, 80 or 90 gold peeking into a foreign city right now.

I am so glad some one agrees with me on this embassy issue. I would also wait on building any. We cant spare the gold.

Foreign Leader,

Please see my request from yesterday for you to post approval of the DoW against the Aztecs.

Thank you

Please note that I second Bill's request.

Hmmmm...Do I officially have to declare war on the aztecs? I already support the measure, I was just waiting for the military department to say they are ready for the attack. The war can comence as soon as the next turn chat begings.

Ehecatl Atzin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom