Term 2 - Hairando provice - rough lands of plenty

MOTH

Emperor
Thanks for the recomendation and appointment as interim governor. I have now moved into the future site of the Courthouse in Epolenep and will use this as the provincial province. The corruption in this province should let me build some pretty nice private quarters ;)

Governor: MOTH
Deputy: Ginger Ale

Hairando Province as of 310 AD:

Towns (details as of 310 AD):

Epolenep
Population 4 - 3 :) 1 :| - growth in 2 +1 Food
Founded ???? (I'm running PTW which says 3950 BC, but thats not right)
Mayor: none
Shields: 4/7
Commerce: 5/8
Improvements: Barracks, Temple, Walls
Garrison: Spearman, Vet Speat, Vet Spear
Culture: 188; +4 pt; expand in 203

Regent Town Thread
Population 6 - 3 :) 3 :| - growth in 999 +4 Food - limited due to aquaduct
Founded: 1000 BC
Mayor: RegentMan
Shields: 6/10
Commerce: 4/7
Improvements: Temple, Walls, Courthouse, Barracks
Garrison: Spearman, Vet Spear, Vet Horse
Culture: 92; +2 pt; expand in 4

Eridi
Population 1 - 1 :) - growth in 5 +1 Food
Founded: ????
Captured from Babs: ????
Shields: 2/2
Commerce: 1/1
Improvements:
Garrison: Elite Sword
Culture: 0

Manchai
Population 1 - 1 :) - growth in 5 +2 Food
Founded ????
Shields: 2/3
Commerce: 2/4
Improvements: Temple
Garrison: Spearman
Culture: 22; +2pt; expand in 39

Gerunshi
Population 2 - 2 :) - growth in 8 +2 Food
Founded 30 AD
Shields: 1/3
Commerce: 1/3
Improvements: Walls, Barracks in 11
Garrison: Spearman
Culture: 0

Congratulations on your appointment, MOTH! I hope that you'll bring the southern part of our country to rival the Zarnia Province! You'll find Regent Town's data here.

Hey, are you my deputy or his?

Get back in line, and don't forget to brush your teeth and comb your hair. You have alot of paperwork to do, too. :p

*Zarn hands RegentMan 476 forms* (Sorry, but someone has to do the paperwork, and I need my beauty sleep)

@Lord (Governor) Moth: Congrats, and I believe Epolenep would make a decent capital for your lands. For some reason Epolenep has capital written all over it, yet I can't explain why. Good luck.

Mayor RegentMan,
Thanks for the congratulations. Please let me know your thoughts on managing the growth of Regent Town. Perhaps the Library should be switched to either a courthouse or an aquaduct.

Governor Zarn, I thank you for your welcome. I hope you don't mind, but I may change some of the build queues you had setup.

Tentative turn chat instructions for Hairando Province:

Build Queues:
Epolenep: Horse, Horse, Library
Regent Town: Courthouse, Worker, Worker, Aquaduct
Manchai: Temple, Harbor
TBD/Gurenshi: Temple, Walls
Any new, captured, or culture flipped towns: temple

Laborer Relocation:
TBD/Gurenshi: move to tile that is currently being improved by workers

Suggested Worker Actions:
Worker 1: Currently Roading near TBD: Complete Road (2 turns) and build a road through TBD to Rome Border: Move NE(1 t), Road (3 t), Irrigation (4 t), Move N, N (1t), Road
Worker 2: Currently near TBD: Irrigate (4t) current tile and then move to improve Regent Town: Move W, S, SW (1t), Road(3t), Irrigation (4t)
Worker 3: To be built in Regent Town turn 5: Move to get Road connected to Manchai
Worker 4: To be built in Regent Town turn 7: Move to chop forest near Epolenep: NW, W, NW (1t), Chop (10t)

Zarn said:
Hey, are you my deputy or his?

Get back in line, and don't forget to brush your teeth and comb your hair. You have alot of paperwork to do, too. :p

*Zarn hands RegentMan 476 forms* (Sorry, but someone has to do the paperwork, and I need my beauty sleep)
I'm sorry, High Priest Zarn! I'll get on my teeth brushing right away. :) Although it is awkward, living in the Hairando province and having to walk all the way north to be deputy in Zarnia. Woe is me. ;)

Governor MOTH, are you suggesting that Regent Town build a few workers before the aqueduct? Or perhaps an immediate switch to one? I'd like it to finish the library in order to put some cultural pressure on the surrounding cities. After that, I had thought to begin the aqueduct then but can see the benefit of building workers first. Thoughts?

RegentMan said:
Governor MOTH, are you suggesting that Regent Town build a few workers before the aqueduct? Or perhaps an immediate switch to one? I'd like it to finish the library in order to put some cultural pressure on the surrounding cities. After that, I had thought to begin the aqueduct then but can see the benefit of building workers first. Thoughts?

I am definitely interested in your thoughts on this matter. My initial thoughts were to jump straight to the Aquaduct, but we would be wasting some of the food/growth. I didn't want to change the existing build queues without some consideration from the mayor.

One option that should be considered instead of Lib in 3>Worker in 2>Worker in 2 or 3>Aqua in ???; is Court in 3>Worker in 2>Worker in 2>Aqua in ???. Regent Town's corruption is currently about 60%. Shields are 5 out of 11 and commerce is 2 out of 6. I think the Lib would result in 1 more beaker and I would guess that the Court will also get 1 more beaker and 1 more shield. The 1st worker build is almost free as far as food/growth goes (1 turn at size 5 unless some micro management can get both Court in 3 and Growth in 3, maybe move a cow to a plains?). The second worker means that we will be at size 5 for a few turns before growing back to 6 and getting ready for 7. Meanwhile an existing worker will be improving Regent Town and the 2 new workers will be improving the province.

For the future, would you prefer that I place requests of this nature in the Regent Town thread?

I know we need the courthouse. But I also see the possiblity of flipping Ellipi. However, with the courthouse, all future production will be quicker, so I'm recommending the courthouse, followed by two workers, then an aqueduct. Also, feel free to post these type of things in either thread; I check both. :)

RegentMan said:
I know we need the courthouse. But I also see the possiblity of flipping Ellipi. However, with the courthouse, all future production will be quicker, so I'm recommending the courthouse, followed by two workers, then an aqueduct. Also, feel free to post these type of things in either thread; I check both. :)

I was just looking at the save and I can't select Courthouse. I am currently running PTW (gold), so that may be it. Can you confirm that the Court can be placed in the build queue when running Vanilla. If we can't switch then I suggest we go with Aqua, Court, Market, Library.

From the city view, the courthouse was unselectable. However, by right-clicking and changing production, I can change it to a courthouse, due in three turns.

Attachments

• Courthouse Proof.JPG
    Courthouse Proof.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 213
You learn something new all the time. I didn't realize either of these of these features existed. I will make sure I include a note in the intructions clarifying this for the DP.

Tentative turn chat instructions for Hairando Province 170AD:

Build Queues:
Epolenep: Horse, Spear, Horse, Sword
Regent Town: Barracks, Spear, Spear, Spear
Manchai: Worker, Harbor
Gerunshi: Walls, Barracks, Spear
Any new, captured, or culture flipped towns: walls

Laborer Relocation:
Following expansion of Manchai check to see that the laborer is working the whales.

In this time of war I leave it to the DP to keep our blue collar citizens safe. One safe location might be to Mine the roaded river hill near Epolenep and then to conect Manchai to the road net. A worker will be built in Manchai to assist in building the roadnet.

Thank you MOTH. I am checking in as deputy governor. I agree with the instructions, however, should Regent Town build one archer/swordsman to attack units that are redlined in our territory / got redlined after killing one of our spearman? I downloaded the save and will look at it later tonight to see if anything can be changed. :)

Ginger_Ale said:
Thank you MOTH. I am checking in as deputy governor. I agree with the instructions, however, should Regent Town build one archer/swordsman to attack units that are redlined in our territory / got redlined after killing one of our spearman? I downloaded the save and will look at it later tonight to see if anything can be changed. :)

I have Epolenep building 1 horse to be moved Regent Town that can be used in this manner and then be able to retreat back behind the city walls.

The barracks and each spear will take 3 turns and waste only 1 shield each. A horse or a Sword would take 5 turns and waste 5 shields each. I think the utility of the horse is much better with the 2 move points.

I have changed the queue of Epolenep to continue to build horses and one of the spears at Regent Town can be moved to Epo to strengthen the defense of the West. I will have a thread or a message soon outlining my defense plans.

Alright, yes, that answers my question. *goes to look at save*

Build Queues:
Epolenep: Horse, Spear, Horse, Sword
Regent Town: Barracks, Spear, Spear, Spear
Manchai: Worker, Harbor
Gerunshi: Walls, Barracks, Spear
New, Captured, or Culture Flipped towns: Walls, Temple

Laborers:
After the expansion of Manchai (4 turns), set the laborer to the whale tile. After 5 turns (from the start of the turnchat), make sure Manchai's second laborer works the roaded horses tile.

The DP shall take control of the workers, however, there are some suggested tiles to work: forest tile SE, SE of Epolenep; roaded hill E of Epolenep; forest tile E, NE of Epolenep; cattle tile SW of Regent Town - no fear of horses killing the workers. We have two workers in the province by Gerunshi that will finish next turn, as well as a worker being built in Manchai who can work with the other two workers.

Notes:
After the horse is built in Epolenep, move it to Regent Town to attack injured Babylonian troops. Have fun.

--------

Those are my tenative instructions - a slight modification of yours. Any comments?

GA,
These look good. Technically the horse move is the responsibility of the Military. My plan is coming soon for the defense.

Ok, I am adding them to the TCIT. Yep, I know...I'll post in the military office thread to have that requested to be in their instructions. Post here if you want me to edit anything in my post. And, have a nice time wherever you are going!

Deputy Governor Ginger Ale,
Could you please work on preparing a plan for our province in case peace is declared with the Babs. It seems that we are being pressured culturally from the Babs and I've asked the Minister of Culture to look into the situation. Given this you may want to include a Library in Regent Town before an Aquaduct.

I will prepare a plan for if we remain at war.

Thanks - MOTH

Top Bottom