Term 2 - Hairando provice - rough lands of plenty

Of course. I will look into the culture area, including Regent Town, which is the best city in the area - I will check how much each building will cost, etc. I'm getting the save now, expect a report later tonight. :) -- Deputy Governor

The Culture Report and Overview of Hairando Province - 310 AD
By the Deputy Governor

City - Culture Points - Culture Buildings (Culture it gives*) - Next Cultural Expansion

Regent Town - 92 - Temple (2) - 4 turns
Epolenep - 188 - Temple (4) - 203 turns
Manchai - 22 - Temple (2) - 39 turns
Gerunshi - 0 - n/a - n/a

Advice for each city:

Regent Town: It can build a Colosseum or a Library. I suggest a library, because, 3 of its 6 citizens are happy, and the other 3 are content. It does not need more happiness at the moment. If we built it now, 24 shields towards a Pikeman, it would take 10 turns. If we waited (1 turn for the Pikeman), it would take 14 turns. I suggest waiting 1 turn, as Regent Town is not going to grow until an aqueduct is built.

Epolenep: Same as Regent Town (RT), it can build a Library or Colosseum. Again, my proposal is a Library, (3 citizens are happy, 1 is content), or else a Courthouse (we have about 40% ish corruption). If we switch to a Library now (4 shields completed for a swordsman), a Library would take 19 turns. If we waited for a swordsman, it would take 20 (although it grows in 2 turns, so that should be dropped a couple turns.)

Manchai: Although it is low on culture, not much can be done for this city with 2 spt. It grows in 5 turns, but it has a worker in queue, so the growth will be negated. I would suggest building no cultural improvements, as it is too low production city, and it will grow in under 40 turns.

Gerunshi: Even if we switched production with 9 shields in the bin, a temple would take 21 turns, and a temple and a library a ridiculous 71 turns. I advice nothing right now, however if peace is declared with Rome/Babylon soon, our workers might be able to improve more terrain, allowing us to hopefully get 2 shields per turn. Gerunshi grows in 8 turns.

Suggested Build Queues [turns]**

Regent Town: Pikeman [1] - Swordsman [5] - Library [14] ***
Epolenep: Swordsman [7] - Pikeman [8] - Library [20] ***
Manchai: Walls [?] - Harbor [?] ****
Gerunshi: Barracks [11] - Pikeman [30]

*Culture doubles after 1000 years
**Turns are the maximum - growth is not factored in.
***Switch the order and production of the Libraries and Pikeman/Swordsman if Peace is declared with Babylon before the 2nd item is built, unless it means losing shields.
**** Switch the order of the Harbor and the Walls in Manchai if peace is declared before the Walls are completed, and we don't lose shields via the conversion.

Any comments are appreciated MOTH and anyone else. :)

PS: Sorry for the scrolling in the box - you can always highlight it all and put it in Notepad, etc. :blush:

Ginger_Ale said:
Any comments are appreciated MOTH and anyone else. :)

PS: Sorry for the scrolling in the box - you can always highlight it all and put it in Notepad, etc. :blush:

There are 2 options for the scroll:
1. uses quote instead of code
2. use 'hard' carraige returns where you want the word wrap.

2 comments about your post:
1. We have one more city now. We captured one from the Babs last turn (name escapes me right now)
2. Manchai was not supposed to build the worker last turn chat. If you look at the chat log it looks like it was just an honest mistake when setting the build queues. We had it building a harbor, but we could also switch it to something else (walls if war, harbor if peace maybe)

Alright, I used quote tags and also used some italics, hopefully that made it easier to look at. I'll look in the save tonight, after I get home from school - I had seen that a Babylonian city is now ours (Eridu?), but I hadn't seen any statement it was ours. About Manchai: Added that in. :)

Tentative build queues. Thanks to Ginger Ale for his thoughts. Comments are welcome.

Build Queues:
If peace with Babylon is declared:
Epolenep: Library, Sword
Regent Town: Library, Worker, Worker, Aquaduct
Manchai: Harbor, Walls
Gerunshi: Barracks, Pike
Eridu: Walls, Barracks, Pike
New, Captured, or Culture Flipped towns: Temple, Walls

If we are still at war with Babylon:
Epolenep: Pike, Sword, Library
Regent Town: Sword, Pike, Library
Manchai: Walls, Harbor
Gerunshi: Barracks, Pike
Eridu: Walls, Barracks, Pike
New, Captured, or Culture Flipped towns: Walls, Temple

Build Queue Note: last TC the build queue for Manchai was not set resulting in a second worker being started instead of a harbor. No harm was done as no shields have been wasted at this point.

Laborer Relocation:
Eridu taxman should work the BG.
An Epolenep Laborer should work the horse tile for +1 commerce

Suggested Worker Actions
The workers currently building a road near Regent Town should complete the road and then mine the tile. This should get Regent Town to 7 spt after corruption.

Peace Note: we need to fight back culturally and then grow the cities and towns.

Top Bottom