Term 2 - Ministry of Domestic Affairs

Or... Sir Donald's Will and Testiment.

Okay, officially, I'm going away Tonight. Whether that's an Evac or a possible power loss, I don't know.

Here is my To-Do list for Noldodan.

A: Provincial Determination

1. Follow this poll on Provincial Plans. Send the links to the maps of all plans getting at least 10 votes to Governor Zarn. You must give each plan Individually and ask for and get his specific Approval or rejection per plan.

2. For the ones he approved on, take the Top 3 in votes and post a Final Poll. 1 Vote only, have "Disapprove of all" and "Abstain" options in addition to approved plans.

If there are at least 3 plans tied for 3rd, then drop all 3rd place plans. Otherwise, include all ties. If Zarn + People approve of only 2, then these 2 fight it out with "Disapprove" and "Abstain".

2a. If Zarn approves of only 1 plan, that plan must go to the People for Referendum. If it is rejected, have Zarn rereview the plans he rejected, and repeat the process.

2b. If "Disapprove of all" wins, then if there are other plans that Zarn + People have approved of, then poll these. Otherwise just poll the remainder.

If "Disapprove of all" wins out over ALL the plans, then resume discussion but hold off on polling until either I Return or am declared Vacant.

B: Make the instructions for the Turnchat on 19 September.

Good luck, Mr. Deputy. But don't get too comfortable in your old chair...

Good luck with that old Russian, SDIII!

The Old Russian spared my place.

In fact, since I stayed, I even downloaded the save before I lost Cable/Net.

So here is an abbreviated Report for 410 Post-Monarchy.

Currently, we are at 278 Gold

We currently have 109 GPT when at 0% Science and a +6 Bonus at 100% Sci due to Libraries.
We lose 31 Gold to corruption for a net of 78-84 GPT
Loss of 20 to maintnence
Loss of 15 to Units

Sir Donald III said:
The Old Russian spared my place.

In fact, since I stayed, I even downloaded the save before I lost Cable/Net.

So here is an abbreviated Report for 410 Post-Monarchy.

Currently, we are at 278 Gold

We currently have 109 GPT when at 0% Science and a +6 Bonus at 100% Sci due to Libraries.
We lose 31 Gold to corruption for a net of 78-84 GPT
Loss of 20 to maintnence
Loss of 15 to Units
welcome back minster :)

And... right after I posted that, my cable went out for about 45 minutes.

Hopefully, that was just a "let's get more people back on then throw the switch again" bit. Which means my connection will be sporadic for the next week.

Honorable Minister,
I have a request. Would you please consider recomending me to the president for appointment as interrim governor of one of the newly formed provinces. My preference would be for the southern province.

Thank you for your consideration.

As our New Governors are getting Settled in... With 12 hours still to go before the Provincial Boundaries take effect, I might add...

We have 180 Gold.

Real Income is 139 Gold, 41 of which is being lost to Corruption. We have a Bonus of 11 Gold for science at 60%.

We have Outlays of 25 for Maintnence and 12 for Unit Costs.

Science, IMO, is at an okay level, giving us +2 GPT and giving us Feudalism in 12.

Happiness Analysis:
For all cities on the Net, Happiness is at 3 thanks to our Luxuries. Our Luxes are numerous enough that a Marketplace can be used to increase Happiness by 1.

At 10%, the following Cities gain a Happy: Fanatikku(2), Epolenep, Zojoji, Odawara, Shorin-Ryu, Corrino, Osgiliath, Klingon, Sto'vo'kor, Windurst.

The Following Cities have Unhappiness: Fanatikku (2), Zojoji (2), Odawara (3), Shorin-Ryu (2), Regent (2)

Building Recommendations, Make as many Marketplaces as possible.

Slider Recommendation, Luxury:
If only 1 City on the 10% list goes into disorder, then make that new Citizen into a Taxman/Scientist (DP Discression).

If a second city on the 10% list goes into Disorder, then Remove the Tax/Sci from the First City and raise the Lux Slider to 10%. Science may be reduced by 10% ONLY IF Science was formerly at 60% or higher.

If a City NOT on the Happiness list (i.e. Regent Town,) goes into Disorder, make a Taxman/Scientist.

In AD 150, War was beginning.

In AD 170...

We have 42 Gold

Income is 142 GPT. Of this, 41 is lost to corruption. Library Bonus could be as much as 18 @ Full Science.

Outlays:
28 to Maintnence
12 to Unit Costs

At 60% Sci, we have Feud in 9 turns and are +0 GPT.

Happiness situation has not changed much.

Proposed: Change Sci to 50% (+8 GPT), Happiness instructions as before.

Honorable Minister,
I would like permission to request the immediate outlay of 12 Gold to rush walls in the town of Gerunshi. This city is within close proximity to both Roman and Bab cities and is only defended by a single regular spearman. Quickly finishing the walls will allow a much better chance for our citizens to be defended.

A more expensive alternative could be to rush a second regular spearman at a cost of 52 Gold. I believe that this has a very small statistical advantage of success if Gerunshi is attacked by multiple units, but I do not feel it is worth the expense and risk.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Interim Governor of Hairando Province
MOTH

MOTH said:
Honorable Minister,
I would like permission to request the immediate outlay of 12 Gold to rush walls in the town of Gerunshi. This city is within close proximity to both Roman and Bab cities and is only defended by a single regular spearman. Quickly finishing the walls will allow a much better chance for our citizens to be defended.

A more expensive alternative could be to rush a second regular spearman at a cost of 52 Gold. I believe that this has a very small statistical advantage of success if Gerunshi is attacked by multiple units, but I do not feel it is worth the expense and risk.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Interim Governor of Hairando Province
MOTH

Walls only raise defense level against barbarians don't they? Or am I just confused about this?

blackheart said:
Walls only raise defense level against barbarians don't they? Or am I just confused about this?

Walls only work when the city is size 6 or lower. They provide a 50% defense bonus. Our reg spear will effectively defend as a 3 instead of 2, which is significant against an Archer or a Horseman.

Currently have 204 Gold (Enough for 10 Upgrades to Pikemen)

Income is 165 per turn, 49 of which is lost to Corruption. Library Bonus currently stands at 30. (Last report for Lib. Bonus.)

For Income, we have 1 Tax Collector at Eridu for 1 GPT
Outlays include:
39 Maintnence
19 Unit Costs

10% Happiness Sectors: Fanatikku(2), Furuyama, Immo, Zojoji, Odawara, Shorin-Ryu, Corrino, Osgiliath, En'gha, Sto'vo'kor, Windurst

At 20%, Regent Town celebrates "We Love the Queen Day"

Recommendations: Maintain previous orders. (Science becomes 40%, Mono in 21, 12 GPT at no Lux, Zero at 10% Lux)

Barracks are at the following Cities (with Garrissons):
Fanatikku (1 Vet, 1 Reg)
Furuyama
Immo (1 Vet)
Epolenep (2 Vets, 1 Reg)
Zojoji (1 Vet)
Odawara (2 Reg)
Shorin-Ryu (1 Vet, 1 Reg)
Regent Town (1 Vet, 1 Reg)
Corrino (1 Reg)
En'Gha (1 Reg)

A question: How do you know this: At 20%, Regent Town celebrates "We Love the Queen Day".
Whats the clue, i'm just curious :)

invy said:
A question: How do you know this: At 20%, Regent Town celebrates "We Love the Queen Day".
Whats the clue, i'm just curious :)

Adjust the sliders and see how many happy faces and how many content faces. The requirements IIRC for WLTQD: at least Size 6; half or more citizens are happy; no citizens are unhappy.

At 20% and with the various luxuries Regent Town (at size 6) will have at least 3 happy faces and no unhappy citizens.

Actually, Regent is currently 3 and 3. An Actual Majority is required. That requires Regent to have at least 4.

Top Bottom